Audio driver problem in garageband? help needed

Gcrumpets

3 posts in this topic

i have a kind of odd problem with sound in garageband.... first of all im using altec usb speakers since i have a sigmatel 9200 and am running osx86, and previously i was able to open garageband, play sounds and have them come out of the speakers just fine, and could plug in my stealthplug (bass -> usb cable), go into preferences and change audio input from none to stealth plug, keep output on altec speakers and have sound go into my computer and come out on the speakers, simple enough right?

well now i have problems, and i havent changed anything....when i start up garageband it starts with the audio output and input on my turtle beach amigo usb soundcard (it has internal microphone for input) this is a problem because i dont have speakers plugged into that, when i try to switch the output to my usb speakers it ask if i want to switch the audio driver...i hit yes then it turns the input blank and still has the turltle beach in the output..AND the preferences winodws closes and i cant open it back up :) that part seems extra wierd.

anyway, if i start garageband and i unplug the turtle beach garageband ask me if i want to quit or use buitl in audio, i select built in audio which of course givens me a not found error. i can then open the preferneces window and select my usb speakers and it will work. but only if i do it that way, and if i then plug in my bass or the usb audio it tries to switch to that and if i hit 'no' it will once again mess up everything and i wont have any sound.....before, i could hit 'no' and then go to preferences and just switch the input to something while leaving the output on my speakers, now its just all in a mess

id also like to add that when i start garageband with JUST my usb speakers plugged in i get no sound and cannot open the preferences window

so yeah..sorry if its a long post but i tried to explain all the details as clearly as possible....im geussing theres some sort of problem with loading the audio driver for my speakers or something...maybe..i really dont know

hope someone can help or shed some light on my problem, thanks

Edited by Gcrumpets

thanks for the suggestion :)

do you mean re install garageband or osx? im assuming garageband because re installing osx is a pain....

but anyway for now ive just recovered an old set of speakers from my basement and hooked them up....my desk is a bit overcrowed with 3 sets of speakers, 2 computers and 3 monitors but...thats okay, aslong as i can get some sound out of garageband without having to mess with everytime i oepn it :(