Nobody probably cares

23 posts in this topic

I'm leaving the community. I just attempted to install osx on my new new new hp and it goes and screws up the computer like it has my laptop many of times. It took me 30 mins to get it to get back into the hp pc recovery. So, in saying this community... goodbye! Swad (Mash always) or another Administrator, please delete my account if you can, I really don't mind.

Forever yours,

Taylor, the 13 year old kid from a small town in Kansas.

So you installed an illegal, unsupported, hacked operating system which was never designed to run on your hardware, and you're annoyed that it 'screws up' your machine? In what way? Did it mess your XP installation? Did that really surprise you?

"Nobody probably cares"

Taylor,

There are more than 60,000 registered users here and I don't believe for a moment they are all active.

As Munky just wrote, "you installed an illegal, unsupported, hacked operating system which was never designed to run on your hardware".

OSx86 is like a huge experiment. It is already a major success that hacked OS X versions run from fairly well to quite well on generic hardware. The first time I installed it to my Sony Vaio it barely worked.

But I don't give up so easily, so I build a new computer after *carefully* selecting every component with OS X compatibilty in mind, and now everything works fine (just some very minor annoyances)

For everything you do in life, perseverance is the key. Considering that you are so young this could be a good lesson.

Yup, you are so right, I dont care. Just couldnt care less.

Sometimes hardware just doesnot work, but sometimes, it can be coaxed. Oh well I guess it depends, though I have been able to run OSX fairly smoothly on 3 Different Laptops and 2 Desktops, so I guess I am just lucky.

Yeah the community is dying at such a rate that its expanding :rolleyes:

Actually cbmkgd's is a very funny joke (IMO)

And BTW, only today we have 200 new registered users till now. Amazing. This must be the fastest expanding community of the web.

While it sucks that your hardware is not supported... you made the mistake of buying a machine and not building one yourself. That way you could have picked supported hardware. I hope you aren't sore about your 'new new new hp' not working. See ya.

While it sucks that your hardware is not supported... you made the mistake of buying a machine and not building one yourself. That way you could have picked supported hardware. I hope you aren't sore about your 'new new new hp' not working. See ya.

That's what this exactly boils down to. Someone forgot to RTFM and now they're pissed off because they didn't follow the directions in the f---ing manual.