What does ADC Select give you?

9 posts in this topic

I am wondering if an ADC Select membership comes with OS beta downloads or just DVD media.

Also, what is the spec of an official dev box for installing Leopard onto? I've seen talk in the forum about building a PC to a specific spec that will work with these builds.

Thanks

Thanks for confirming that. So it gives MSDN like access to Beta OS downloads?

Can anyone also confirm what the correct spec of a PC is to run the OSX Leopard beta.

I would buy a Mac, but there isn't one that suits my needs. Apple let me down with this years Keynote.

1. The Mac Mini needs to be Core 2 Duo and have something better than GMA950.

2. I have a 24" 1920x1200 monitor already, so the iMac is no use.

3. The Macbooks don't have a dock / port replicator (from apple at reasonable cost)

4. The Mac Pro is far too expensive in the config I would need.

Thanks

Guest bikedude880
it is possible to run it on a pc, but the people who hve it did a binary hack and wont leak it

And I think we all know why we won't release it...

If it leaks while Apple is still working on developing Leopard, then they just patch the vulnerability and then poof, no more Leopard on PCs until much more effort is invested.

Much better to wait to release the specifications of running Leopard on a PC after it ships, because then you still have a final version and can simply use older version kernels as is currently done and still have full feature support.

1. The Mac Mini needs to be Core 2 Duo and have something better than GMA950.

2. I have a 24" 1920x1200 monitor already, so the iMac is no use.

3. The Macbooks don't have a dock / port replicator (from apple at reasonable cost)

4. The Mac Pro is far too expensive in the config I would need.

1. The Mac mini is made to be a cheap computer that doesn't have things like a Celery processor in it. If you don't like that one, I'm sorry, but that is the main purpose of the mini.

2. SURE IT IS. You can use that other monitor as a second monitor, mirrored or not. So go do it.

3. You can get a dock from several third party vendors for cheap.

4. The Mac Pro is still cheaper than the comparably equipped Dell (unless Dell is doing a $299 sale on Xeons).