No new build on ADC.

Adrian Fogge

24 posts in this topic

It is official, the Second Tuesday of the Month is over, and there was no new updates on ADC.

Apple has officially broken their schedule that has been in effect for the past five years.

Perhaps with all the website updates everywhere to remove the word "Computer", ADC was put on hold for a moment.

On a secondary note, the footer on ADC still reads

Copyright © 2006 Apple Computer, Inc.

All rights reserved. | Terms of use | Privacy Notice

As apposed to pretty much everywhere else which now reads

Copyright © 2007 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

Hopefully this all means that Apple will be releasing the build in the next day or two and so many updates everywhere was just too much work for some lowly webmaster to manage.

It seems build 9a303 was released on the 9th November which was a Thursday.

In any case, builds newer than 9a321 are supposed to have the changes to the interface, so if there was a new build coming out soon, they would have revealed them at macworld yesterday unless they have reverted the changes or release a different branch of the OS.

Without sounding too stupid why?

That screenshot was taken directly from the ADC website.

Build 9A303 was released to ADC on the 9th November. If you check the mac websites like thinksecret etc they all have the story that this build released. The date on ALL those websites is 9th/10th November.

Check out the news on this very website. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32720

I am sure Adrian has a lot of good info regarding ADC, but in this case he is incorrect.

PS. If we want to argue some more about it, build 9A283 was released on 12th October, which was also a Thursday.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=30059 - look at John The Greek first post!

Edited by ukp

ukp, I don't know you but I have to say it is obvious that you are right.

We are all waiting for new leo builds but the most difficult thing to get on ADC is not this. It's WWDC 06 video sessions =The only way to discover and use new features hided in Leo, and nobody got them !

Perhap's you can get access to it. I know people who could even pay for this.

You can PM me if you want.

For everyone still sticking with Tiger, there is an updated 10.4.9 build (8P117 PPC & 8P2117 Intel) that has been released to ADC.

For further information, see this thread.

Also, UKP, I am sorry that I contridicted you earlier; you were correct. It was the second Thursday of the month for the past several years for Pre-Release OS Seeds, not the second Tuesday.

Edited by Adrian Fogge

ukp, I don't know you but I have to say it is obvious that you are right.

We are all waiting for new leo builds but the most difficult thing to get on ADC is not this. It's WWDC 06 video sessions =The only way to discover and use new features hided in Leo, and nobody got them !

Perhap's you can get access to it. I know people who could even pay for this.

You can PM me if you want.

So just pay 500$ to get the ADC select. :P

Finally!

I thought I was the only one going mad over the "Second tuesday of every month" when I was always thinking "second thursday..." considering the dates.

Oh well... Let's keep our fingers crossed for a 9A3XX with a revamped GUI!

Still no new build.

Only the 10.4.9 stuff.

Mac OS X 10.4.9 - 8P2117 (Intel)

Mac OS X 10.4.9 - 8P117 (PPC)

Mac OS X Server 10.4.9 - 8P2116 (Universal)

There was also...

January 2007 Developer Documentation

Add to that updated serial numbers for 10.4 Server and 10.5 Server and you have every single update that has taken place in January so far.

I'm wondering if Apple have delayed this months beta for a couple of weeks, so they can have another media event at the end of the month showcasing it. I'm pretty sure builds later than 9A321 have the new gui changes.

Well, all later builds have been moving to a new GUI.

At WWDC, it was no changes for the most part.

Then, slowly things started to move towards the whole iTunes look, and then started moving away a little with the additions of a black, shiny glass look.

Given that almost everything in the iPhone has that Glass look to it, odds are that it is the kind of feel that we will be getting OS-wide once Leopard is released... They did say that it runs OS X and has Core Animation. Leopard is the only one that does that.

Point is that whatever new build there is, it should have more of the final look and feel to it simply because it would be a month+ of further development. Too many people in the general community would complain if there were not cosmetic changes to make it look newer and better than the last one. API changes really only excite the development community.

Edited by Adrian Fogge

Given that almost everything in the iPhone has that Glass look to it, odds are that it is the kind of feel that we will be getting OS-wide once Leopard is released...

That's the thing though, I looked through all the iPhone programs, and like half of them have that black glass look to them, but the other half of the iPhone programs have the greyish-blue of iTunes 7 as their program theme. It's like brushed-metal versus Aqua all over again. ;)

Black glass will be used for special buttons and windows and itunes will be used for headers. There will also be aqua-colored-blue buttons.

There will probably, and ethicly, be no more builds until the final release. Why would there be? Now would be the time to revamp the UI and fill in the "Top Secret" stuff, if there is any of it. Remember, it releases in around 2 months probably! :D

Would hope so.

Point is that as things stand right now, the move to ZFS is major and can break compatability with a ton of apps out there.

We have already seen that Apple has done what was needed to make OS X run on a ZFS volume, however one is unable to do so without some pretty major effort and then they only get a single boot out of it.

Apple is certain to release an updated build to address these sorts of issues because the last thing that they want is for people to find out on the day of the release that they can no longer use OpenOffice or Adobe's Creative Suite applications because of changes to File I/O.

As far as "Secret Features" go, they would likely hold no relevance to compatability testing for existing applications.

It would be hard to argue that something like using the iSight cameras as a human input device as is done in the ToySight application system wide would directly effect whether or not a pre-existing program would still run between 10.4 and 10.5.

As far as that one goes, I have no idea whether it is a legitimate "Secret Feature", it was one that I made up as an example.

The developer previews are generally not to write new programs to exploit the new functionality added to the latest releases. They are intended to ensure compatability of applications.