• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

kuko61

kuko61

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, it is possible anywhere find complete list of boot comand line parameters with descriptions? I search this forum, wiki, web, but I dont find them.
I have problem with boot from HDD (boot process freeze about halfway with blue screen) after installation and I try various combinations boot parameters...
Thanks

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts
If you are booting a laptop and it is freezing with a blue screen, try attaching something to the VGA port. Something can be a monitor, a VGA dongle or the 1-wire or 2-wire tricks:

http://forum.insanel...-1160846022.gif
http://forum.osx86pr...c...ost&id=1522

kuko61

kuko61

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for reply.
But I have desktop.
Asus P4C800; processor P4 3.2GH, SSE2, HT; 2GB RAM; VGA AGP GF6800 GS; monitor connected to VGA connector (not DVI), on primary IDE i have two NTFS HDD and on secondary OSX HDD and DVD...
I install "JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Int el.SSE2.SSE3" with "JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Int el.SSe2.SSe3.v1p.ppf"

Installation it's allways OK. When I install OSX first time, system boot after installation all right. I set higher monitor resolution and try run some programs. This system boot well still three times after restarts. But then OSX don't again boot. :rolleyes: Not once. I several times format disk and reinstal OSX, but system after installation during boot freeze or show me message to restart computer. :thumbsup_anim:
I try in BIOS enable or disable ACPI, disable hyperthreading, disable SATA...but no good result.

kuko61

kuko61

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I solved my problems and OSX after installation now boot. In BIOS I decrease AGP aperture size to 128MB and I don't install nvidia Titan drivers from JaS DVD. I cannot tell, what helped me, but system now works. After installation OSX i install Natit drivers and my 6800GS works in dual mode with full QE/CI support (CRT monitor connected to VGA and LCD to DVI connector)
All yet installed programs (Aperture, Adobe CS2 with Acrobat 8, QuarkXpress7, Suitcase, Toast 8) works without problems (besides CorelDraw11, this I could not install, VISE installer crash at the beginning).

gotoh

gotoh

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
your problem was probably due to Titan not having your GeForce 6800GS device ID. You might be able to increase back AGP aperture size (anyway, I'm not sure 128Mb aperture size VS 256Mb would change anything in real world performance)

semthex

semthex

Shellcode Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
-s single user
-v verbose
-x safe boot
-f force reload of kext cache
-vmware (force vomware support, with my 4.8 kernel)
-force64 (froce 64bit mode to AMD)

cpu=x (number of cpu, NOT CORES)

and there a re a few more but those are the most common I guess.

fabioxx

fabioxx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
hi, i'm searching same information cause i can't boot osx from the primary partition on the same hd using chain0, i don't like other way to boot, f8 darwin is too short, i would like to have more time to choose which os to start. My spec are in sign.
Did anyone managed to boot osx with chain0 from the second primary partition of the same ide hard disk? [I created it converting from logical with acronis suite, then i'm alternatively setting the active partition with diskpart, but no success for my purpose]
Thank you and bye!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy