Buying a Macbook in these days...

13 posts in this topic

Ok, so i have been totaly inlove with the apple macbook design (White ONLY :) ) as long as i remember it on the market.

About ½ year ago i installede OS X on my present notebook and then i fell inlove with the OS. The Wifi didn't work and QE/CI too. But anyway the OS was still very very nice and much more attracktive than windows.

But now my question is. Would it be smart to buy a Macbook with not very long time before both Windows Vista and OS X - Leopard on their way to release?

On apple's website the frontpage is still a big commercial for "the new macbook, with intel core 2 duo" but do you think a new macbook is on it's way very soon?

I mean, i wouldn't call it "the new macbook" anymore. :) But i still want one. It would be typicall my luck to buy one now for the prize it has costet for about a ½ year and then in a month or 2 they release a new better one with their new Leopard and their 30 year birthday.

I simply can't figure out weather to buy one or not!? :)

i been advised to never ever buy a mac before macworld and i fink u shud wait for leopard

I bought the iBook in sig off ebay practically brand new (just got it yesterday) and I don't have care for the core duo/core 2 duo stuff. It screams at all I threw at it last night. But Macworld, yeah wait till after today to buy anything (Intel based). On Leopard, I am not getting Leopard till it is at 10.5.2 or something. Everybody has bugs you know and I don't want to get on a brand new OS when there are/maybe issues. I would rather be on the more stable version then upgrade.

Edited by sandmanfvrga

I say, yeah. I don't think they're about to change the Macbook lineup for a while. They just made it Core 2 Duo, what else can they do?

I really don't think they're gonna put in another graphics card, or change any of the specs for quite a few months.

Seeing as you like the design, and the features, you run OS X, and you could sell your current laptop, why not?

Regarding Leopard, well, the only difference is if you buy later, you get leopard for free, whereas if you buy now, you will pay $79 or whatever to update later.

It depends on how badly you want it right now.

Hope my post was informative...

• 2 weeks later...
I say, yeah. I don't think they're about to change the Macbook lineup for a while. They just made it Core 2 Duo, what else can they do?

I really don't think they're gonna put in another graphics card, or change any of the specs for quite a few months.

Seeing as you like the design, and the features, you run OS X, and you could sell your current laptop, why not?

Regarding Leopard, well, the only difference is if you buy later, you get leopard for free, whereas if you buy now, you will pay $79 or whatever to update later.

It depends on how badly you want it right now.

Hope my post was informative...

Dude, you wrong.. Do you heard about "Santa Rosa" platform? Intel had said that they will release the new centrino platform by this year (2007). And i'm sure new macbook will use this platform soon. It's just like intel release Core2duo for the centrino, then later Apple release as well for macbook line. Get the hints? ;)

jeeeeeez man!!

have u ever bought an electronic device in the last 10 years???

do u think intell will ever stop to create new cpus???

jeeeeeez man!!

have u ever bought an electronic device in the last 10 years???

do u think intell will ever stop to create new cpus???

ya! mY point is apple sure will follow Intel "new" products since apple use intel chips.. Get the hints? It won't be surprise if apple announce new macbook line since macbook already equip with Core2Duo. :censored2:

jeeeez, u have just discovered the hot water.....u have to buy what u need today.....it's not a hint..it's just a childish behaviour towards technology :/

jeeeez, u have just discovered the hot water.....u have to buy what u need today.....it's not a hint..it's just a childish behaviour towards technology :/

YA! Of cos i buy what i need, minus the "today" part. GMA950 really lame for me. And with "pro", it's just out of my budget. That's why i cant buy. :D Childish? I don't think so, cos' i will wait till what's good for me. For the new technology, i just aiming for the X3000 integrated graphics, that's all i care. I just don't like that GMA950 :tomato: And another thing, laptop can't upgrade, except RAM and HDD. So buy it wisely :) That's not chidlish act right?

Edited by vin

well..keep waitin then....who knows... in 10 12 months they should improve hd, ram, dvd, graphic card...keeping the the same price!!wow!

i've spent something like 350 $ for a 20 gb ipod 2 years ago....i should have waited for the 80 gb video ipod at the same price now..but no music for me in the past 2 years.

The thing is, the Santa Rosa upgrade isn't that much. I don't see any laptop cpu's coming soon that are going to blow away a core 2 duo. I mean, you can wait and see what 45nm does, later this year, or whenever it comes out. Or you can just enjoy a blisteringly fast laptop. Today!

But, I don't want to sound like I'm preaching the gospel. I'm not. It's just my opinion, and you are entitled to your own and I respect that.