Analog devices SoundMax AD1981HD on HP notebooks

forcer

115 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Personnel was also with the same problem I have a Toshiba u205-s5022 with analogic soundmax AD1981HD and able to operate the sound for the installation cd version of the leopard kalyway, reinstalling the following components: ACL.pkg, ALC883, Azalia_ADI1988b and then the sound Azalia_out on 2 channels are working. Now the microphone and headset for listening are not yet.

Toshiba U205-S5022

Core Duo 1.83

1 GB 667

Intel 950

SoundMax AD1981HD

Hd 120gb

• 4 months later...

"French/Français"

Salut

j'ai réussie de faire marcher ma carte son AD1981 sur HP avec un package que je l'ai mis içi voila le lien

http://rapidshare.com/files/142718687/Appl...DI1981.zip.html

Mon ordi est hp compaq nx9420 et ma carte son est sound max high definition AD1981.

"French/Français"

Salut

j'ai réussie de faire marcher ma carte son AD1981 sur HP avec un package que je l'ai mis içi voila le lien

Mon ordi est hp compaq nx9420 et ma carte son est sound max high definition AD1981.

"English/Anglais"

Hi

I just solved the problem's driver sound Card model AD1981 in my Pc HP compaq nx9420 with a package.

To Download Clic here and install it very easy her

or this link

Good Luck

• 2 months later...

Did anyone get the sound working.. i really want Sound.. plz anyone HELP!!!

im runing in on a hp Compaq Nc6320.. its 11d4 and 1981.. the ones that ppl have on here.. plz help me out.. i got wireless working with a usb adapter..

Other word about ethernet would be helpful and if someone can help me get the best res on my computer..

Plz take the time and help..

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I' need some help! :D

I' install iDeneb1.3 10.5.5 on my nx7400 notebook. :)

the ad1981hd sound is not work. :blink: install AppleAzaliaAudio1981_V1,V2,V3 and the sound is stil not work.

BUT,tomorrow,my volume icon is on the top,and the device is WORK!! YEAH,randomly

but i just restart the notebook,and the audio device is not work again,and the volume icon is missing on the top(finder).

Whats wrong?

What I' can do to fix this problem?What I can do wrong??

Where device appears,where the device disappears.its randomly work,or not :)

HELP! :wacko:

ok, this is just my 2 cents to this topic.

I am on HP nx7300 with the problem sound card.

Currently running 10.5.5 so I get HD Audio in System Preferences, the slider is working as well.

Now this is the interesting part, when I plug in my Soundblaster Extigy into the USB, it gets recognized and I get sound too,

BUT when I use the two buttons on the laptop next to the mute button to control the volume, I am able to control the sound volume that comes out of the Extigy. Is this normal? If I can use those two buttons why is it a no go for the mute button.

To me this means that there is something wrong with the mute button. I might be wrong but ......... .

On a side note, how did some of you get both cores to work. Delliting AppleHWSensor.kext did nothing. I am able to boot with both cores (sometimes) using platform=ACPI and after a few sec. it hangs. Booting with cpus=1 is OK but the temperature is about 10 degrees higher on the CPU.

• 3 months later...

I'm constantly scouring to see if this has been fixed, as headphones are a GOOD thing when you have light sleeping children. Going with the temporary USB audio dongle for that purpose, but has there been any forward momentum on this?

d

**edit on 06-02-09**

Just got it all working, headphones and all, with VoodooHDA.kext. Just incase anyone else was wondering.

d

• 2 months later...
I'm constantly scouring to see if this has been fixed, as headphones are a GOOD thing when you have light sleeping children. Going with the temporary USB audio dongle for that purpose, but has there been any forward momentum on this?

d

**edit on 06-02-09**

Just got it all working, headphones and all, with VoodooHDA.kext. Just incase anyone else was wondering.

d

Maybe a little explanation of how you got it working for this idiot n00b please :wacko:

Maybe a little explanation of how you got it working for this idiot n00b please :D

Nothin' wrong with being a n00b, we all start out that way.

Step 1: Go to the voodoo site listed in the voodooHDA sticky topic at the top of the Sound page and get the .kext and panel addin.

Step 2: Make sure that you rename AppleHDA.kext and AppleAzaliaAudio.kext if they are on your system. Then install the voodoohda.kext from the site.

Step 3: Enjoy the hell out of the fact that you now have fully working sound.

Step 4: Profit. Oh, wait, that's something else.

d

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I can confirm that the Voodoo kext install described above now has the sound on my HP nx6310 100% working. Mic, headphones and speakers (no sound from speakers while using 'phones). Dual booting XP SP3 and iDeneb Leopard 10.5.8 both accessing the SATA drive. Very quick for a Intel Core Solo 1.8 with 2 GB RAM. In fact the whole laptop now "just works". I sold my Macbook Pro on eBay- superfluous now :rolleyes: too damn fragile and it's warranty just expired....and I really hated having no eject button on the optical drive and that awful single button trackpad :P

• 2 weeks later...