xp runs hotter & small resolution also

beachnight

2 posts in this topic

I have found my xp pro although runs fine runs a little hotter on my macbook pro. Wonder if apple will address this with improvements to bootcamp. Also the default res of 1680 x 1050 is too small and down to a respectable viewing size of 1280 x 768 its slightly blurred. Any ideas?

LOL: You need to run at NATIVE resolution on LCD monitors, you can't reduce resolution without it becoming "blurry." There is a set number of pixels on the screen, for arguments sake let's say 1200x600 across, so if you now reduced the resolution to 600x300 each pixel would consist of 4 lighting up instead of one (2 across and 2 down). You'd have a fairly chunky display but it would be sharp. Now if you reduce it to 800X400 you get into problems, because 1200/800 does not make a whole number, and it's impossible to light up 1.5 pixels, you get a blurry/jagged display where some dots are 1 and some 2 pixels across.

This is one of my pet peeves, people who complain about their laptops screens being blurry after they have it set to some dumb-ass resolution. LCDs only run OK in their NATIVE resolution.

If the font / icons are too small increase the font & icon size in the control panel.