Video Editing Software

Vegas007

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find software that will join two avi's together. I've used a program called "Alive Video Joiner" but i would like to find something better.

I would like to get more into editing and encoding so if anyone can recommend software that is easy to learn it would be a big help.

Thanks

i have to say that by far Final Cut Pro is the best. It is very easy to learn, yet very powerful. There is also an Express version that is a bit less expensive. However, even something like iMovie does a surprisingly good job with editing and such.

However, these are for macs. This video joiner software appears to be windows, so let me make some suggestions there as well. Personally, I love Sony Vegas. It is such a powerful app, but a bit pricey. For a beginner, I would highly recommend Pinnacle Studio. http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/P...io+version+10_5

It is a really great, easy, all-in-one package.

let me know if you need any help, i use a lot of the video apps for both pc and mac.

livestrong

• 2 weeks later...

There are multitudes of apps for pc to do this job easily, but if you really have to use a mac for video and need to do TRICKY jobs, then I suggest ffmpegX. This will join avi's and perform many other tasks. Another option is River Past Cleaner, but this is not as powerful, even though it looks like it is. Also, Cleaner is commercial software, but it is easy to get a pirated version if you look hard enough. ffmpegX is free and relies on donation.

ffmpegX is VERY powerful.

Edited by mac sussed

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to find software that will join two avi's together. I've used a program called "Alive Video Joiner" but i would like to find something better.

I would like to get more into editing and encoding so if anyone can recommend software that is easy to learn it would be a big help.

Thanks

VisualHUB works great for converting & joining.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30028