Hash key on UK keyboard

Martin Co

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

In OS X with a UK keyboard the hash key (#) is typed with Alt-3, but in Windows this isn't working with the UK Apple keymapping. I can't type the key and so can't create a mapping to it with Input Remapper.

Has anyone got a workaround/solution? Ideally I'd like either Alt-3 or RApple-3 (effectively mapped as AltGr in Windows) to type the # but if there's something already set up that I'm missing that's fine.

Thanks

Martin

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

In OS X with a UK keyboard the hash key (#) is typed with Alt-3, but in Windows this isn't working with the UK Apple keymapping. I can't type the key and so can't create a mapping to it with Input Remapper.

Has anyone got a workaround/solution? Ideally I'd like either Alt-3 or RApple-3 (effectively mapped as AltGr in Windows) to type the # but if there's something already set up that I'm missing that's fine.

Thanks

Martin

If you change back to the default Windows UK layout I think all keys should work. You can check the Windows layout on this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/keyboards.mspx

• 11 months later...
Hi,

Thanks

Martin

Using the United Kingdom (Apple) keyboard layout I found the righthand Alt-3 gave me the # symbol where the lefthand Alt didn't.