2 replies to this topic

Martin Co

Martin Co

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

In OS X with a UK keyboard the hash key (#) is typed with Alt-3, but in Windows this isn't working with the UK Apple keymapping. I can't type the key and so can't create a mapping to it with Input Remapper.

Has anyone got a workaround/solution? Ideally I'd like either Alt-3 or RApple-3 (effectively mapped as AltGr in Windows) to type the # but if there's something already set up that I'm missing that's fine.

Thanks

Martin

Beliyaal

Beliyaal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 187 posts

Hi,

In OS X with a UK keyboard the hash key (#) is typed with Alt-3, but in Windows this isn't working with the UK Apple keymapping. I can't type the key and so can't create a mapping to it with Input Remapper.

Has anyone got a workaround/solution? Ideally I'd like either Alt-3 or RApple-3 (effectively mapped as AltGr in Windows) to type the # but if there's something already set up that I'm missing that's fine.

Thanks

Martin

If you change back to the default Windows UK layout I think all keys should work. You can check the Windows layout on this page:

http://www.microsoft.../keyboards.mspx

GrahamH

GrahamH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

Thanks

Martin

Using the United Kingdom (Apple) keyboard layout I found the righthand Alt-3 gave me the # symbol where the lefthand Alt didn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy