Help with remapper

rick78

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I love my Apple BT Keyboard, but am am not a MAC user (yet). I use mine with XP Pro SP2. I have a Microsoft BT mouse and dongle. The dongle is used for several connection (most important my BT headsets, which I use for VOIP calls).

My problem is that a minor one, but I would like to use the volume buttons and eject button on the upper right of the keyboard. I hope that the this remapper could help with this. However, I cannor seem to figure this out.

Is there a small guide which gives a step by step for setting up a key mapping (for a Windows XP user) ?

Thank you very much for any help.

Bets Regards,

Rick

I just tried an application called SharpKeys, because it was recommended to help with this problem as well. However, I found that the top row of keys (volume and eject) do not even get detected.

Do I have to install a driver to get these keys to work?

Thanks again,

RIck

• 3 weeks later...
I just tried an application called SharpKeys, because it was recommended to help with this problem as well. However, I found that the top row of keys (volume and eject) do not even get detected.

Do I have to install a driver to get these keys to work?

Thanks again,

RIck

A driver is needed to detect these keys. You can also open these keys with raw input like I do with the eject key in Input Remapper, but that probably does not help you. I will add general support for raw input to my todo list.