view new posts

CoolBits

70 posts in this topic

Every time i check new posts i get "no new posts" message... but in forum index its visible that there are new posts since last visit... you can see it by the color of icons infront... This is for two days now, and checked with safari, opera and firefox...

This is a nice feature and i really like to have it working...

Ok so i followed antic suggestion to first click "home" and then "view new posts" and it works...

but if i just click on my bookmark direct to forum and then "view new posts" i get "no new posts"

Im sure this worked ok a few days back...

James Bond bug (007) :(

How long has it done this?

I don't often use this feature :(

I think it must have started around the time the new site was going up (yesterday?). I use everytime I visit the site, it's an easy way to see what has been posted since my last visit.

I think I might have found a solution. Try resetting your browser (get rid of the cookies/cache). I did it with Safari and it seems to be working fine for me now.

edit: nevermind, it's back again for me :(

Edited by rollcage

Hi,

I have had this problem on and off for more than just the new year.

A onetime help was deleting the coockie and logging on again. As far as I can tell the problem occurs on both my hackintoshes (Intel and AMD) and on Windows IE 6/7.

It seems though that sometimes, after doing something on the forum (browsing to some post), the "view new posts" function does work.

I sure hope it gets solved, as reading through all new posts is my normal browsing behaviour for this forum.

Best wishes,

Cat_7

Edited by cat_7

Same problem, since begining of year (or since those weird asp or php lines appeared at top some day--disappeared now).

Formerly, the new posts kept 'unread' as long as I didn't click the "Mark all forums as read".

It was really an helpfull function; hoping it will come back.

I kinda have a quick solution for this. When you click on the "View New Posts" you get something like this on the address field:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?-I cut this part to shorten-topics&result_type=topics&lastdate=0

Replace the zero with 1 at the end to read

topics&lastdate=1

Hit enter.

Then click on the Go button near the "Get active topics for: Today". There you go.

I kinda have a quick solution for this. When you click on the "View New Posts" you get something like this on the address field:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?-I cut this part to shorten-topics&result_type=topics&lastdate=0

Replace the zero with 1 at the end to read

topics&lastdate=1

Hit enter.

Then click on the Go button near the "Get active topics for: Today". There you go.

here the coide is this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getnew

Clicking on the View New Posts is still working for me, but for the past few days, about half the time the new posts list does not have the little orange square icon in front of each post that takes you directly to the first posts in the thread. The lines are padded out with space for the icon, but there is none showing and the spot is not clickable. Then, the next time I try it a few hours later, the icon is back. It comes and goes.