New Intel Mac builds of Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino

Fugu

21 posts in this topic

Great! Seems that we get now "official" builds! Has anyone tested them yet? So far I'm perfectly happy with the 1.6a version from pu7o.

It works for me with same hardware. Do you have maxxus 10.4.2 patch?

Yes, i have... and Colloquy works...

but after start today Colloquy don´t work.... i don´t understand....

/edit: okay, it´s run...

Anyway to get flash to work with this build? Assuming 7 works since 8 doesn't yet. I tried reinstalling 7 but still no flash. All my other browsers work with 7 no problem.

Anyway to get flash to work with this build? Assuming 7 works since 8 doesn't yet. I tried reinstalling 7 but still no flash. All my other browsers work with 7 no problem.

This is probably a x86 only build. The Flash plugin is ppc only. The two don't work together. I assume that you run all you other browsers with rosetta.

Do u have flash working?

Sorry mate, no flash here yet, too :)

But well, Safari also did not load flash here, and after browsing the web without flash for a while now, I really

don't miss it anymore. No more nasty flash-ads, and well, most sites with flash are uninteresting because they

really {censored} me of with that animated menues §$%&/ :)

So i think it is relaxing, having no flash at the moment :D

Haha, wow, your glass is overflawing with optimism. That's cool though. I though, enjoy the animated stuff. Some if it is funny. Anway. It is quick. But I wonder if it is as fast once flash is used. Something to look into maybe. I would say safari 2.01 wtih flash 7 gives us the most compatable solution. It's pretty fast too.

It works for me with the maxxuss 10.4.2 patch. Seems that we are getting some kind of "official" builds now. So it is possible to build 1.5 versions, which is great because of the better extension compatibilty in comparison to the 1.6a version from pu7o (thank you anyway for your efforts!).

Weird: the updated Camino here crashes immediately on my Dell when executed. The regular Camino I downloaded from the site works well enough, if slowly. (I was hoping an Intel port would be a bit quicker). Opera 1.0a is BLAZINGLY fast, but the download manager crashes.