• XFCE
    • Blackbox
    • Fluxbox
    • FVWM
    • TWM
    • IceWM
    • Other (Please Specify)

97 posts in this topic

Well choose which one is the best. I think KDE has a better interface with ease of use. It also is pretty easy to manage and will provide a welcome environment to new *nix users.

psssshhh.. who uses a gui? :thumbsup_anim:

I'm a pretty pictures whore. :P But... my gentoo rig has no X. (erm, scratch that, I installed X yesterday for Wine purposes. Darwine wouldn't cooperate with my Powerbook :( )

Edited by Valkura

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can people post images please.

Firstly I know very little about Linux. In fact my first actual use of a linux system was only a few hours ago. It was Ubuntu. I installed it on my friends 900mhz pc and given that both of us are windows and mac users we were somewhat disappointed with the looks of Ubunto. OS X looked soooo much better and dare I say probably so did XP. I chose to install Ubuntu simply because it was a major favourite of many people but it just seemed dead.

So I'm keeping an eye on this topic to help me decide on what to try next. For people like me who know close to nothing about this stuff can people give a bit of detail so that others can google with ease.

Can people post images please.

Firstly I know very little about Linux. In fact my first actual use of a linux system was only a few hours ago. It was Ubuntu. I installed it on my friends 900mhz pc and given that both of us are windows and mac users we were somewhat disappointed with the look of Ubunto. OS X looked soooo much better and dare I saw probably so did XP. I chose to install Ubuntu simply because it was a major favourite of many people but it just seemed dead.

So I'm keeping an eye on this topic to help me decide on what to try next. For people like me who know close to nothing about this stuff can people give a bit of detail so that others can google with ease.

http://www.kde-look.org/index.php?xcontent...x12x13x14x15x16

This just for kde but it has huge recourse in it.