Audio support for SigmaTel 9274D (BadAxe2)?

bofors

62 posts in this topic

Hi,

i´m really desperate! does anybody hear a sound under leopard from the 9274d? after a fresh iatkos install i have a HD audio in theh system pane but there is no sound coming out!

@taruga: do you know something about this problems with this chip? any solutions? i´ve tried all patches, codecs with many versions of the HDA patcher and i always get : wrong codec detected, exiting...

regards, apooo

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to revive this thread. I have a Bad Axe 2 "KR" edition. I'm using Taruga's AppleHDApatcher 1.16 along with a STAC9274D text and I'm getting stereo out with no mute and no mic input; the Audio section of my System Profiler shows no audio devices detected. The red light on my TOSlink digital audio output is on, but I have not tested it yet. I have a Leopard guide on the Bad Axe 2 that contains both files over here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76014

What exactly is the hold-up here? Do we need more Linux dumps from Bad Axe 2 users? I have no experience writing drivers whatsoever, but I'd like to contribute in any way I can. With the help of many people, we've nearly got this board working 100% under Leopard, but Audio is the last thorn in my side that I need to iron out.

So, any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
Diogan, which sound card are you using and did you need to add any special .kexts to support it? I have a BadAxe2 and have also been waiting for mute and (especially) audio in support. Thanks!

This is what I've been using:

GWC USB 5.1 Channel Audo Adapter

It has 5.1 audio, but only stereo out works for output. Line-in works, which is a must have for me as a musician.

I didn't need to install any special kexts or anything to make it work; just plug it in and tell the system to use it in your system preferences and you're ready to go.

• 6 months later...

Hello All I have a BX2 with a STA9274D sigmaTel onboard audio.  I am able to use Targa's AppleHDA pather v1.16 to get the digital optical out and the stereo line out.  The mic shows up under the sound pannel, but does not work.  System profiler does not show any audio information.  Has anyone with a BX2 gotten the mic or line in to work correctly?  If so this would be greatly appreciated.  I am using EFI v8 with 10.5.2.  

Are there any other packages that can get the onboard audio to work correctly.  If this is not possible are there any PCI sound cards that work completely, I need 5.1 support, line-in, mic, and digital out.  I would rather not go with a USB sound card due to lag for recording reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...