Saddam Hussein Executed

mifki

64 posts in this topic

The death penalty is an archaic method of fundamentally reactionary and totalitarian systems. It actually perverts democracy because it potentially provides a 'legal' means of getting rid of 'troublesome' elements. The question is now, what can the Iraqi people expect in the future from this 'democratic' new government (manufactured by Bush/Blair)? Their opponents, will they also end on the gallow? Where to draw the line in the chaos they have in Iraq?

ya know what i say, do whatevers cheaper, if we can kill em and i dont have to pay for them in taxes, then go for it. (lol) but seriously, i dont want to pay for other peoples food and board (especially criminals, and its not like we can just let mass murderers go.)

and Alessandro17, i agree with you, but the thing is, its ok if we kill enimys, but we cant kill our own people, if you stay on top you will be looked at as a hero, if you get defeated, your an evil person..... politics are so skewed that i like to stay away from them (although i have theorized why communism would and will never work.)

Munky,

Great and wise post (#51). Add to what you say how foreign policy influences a country and you have the perfect picture. I mean, it has hardly been mentioned that Saddam was an American puppet. Until he was useful (against the USSR, against Iran) nobody said he was an evil dictator.

Once his role was over, the US did everything possible to overthrow him, until they succeeded.

@bwhsh8r, indeed. politics are very dirty, all over the word. Italy was a prime example, until a few months ago, with a mafia boss as Prime Minister (but many people worship him as a saint)

Munky,

Great and wise post (#51). Add to what you say how foreign policy influences a country and you have the perfect picture. I mean, it has hardly been mentioned that Saddam was an American puppet. Until he was useful (against the USSR, against Iran) nobody said he was an evil dictator.

Once his role was over, the US did everything possible to overthrow him, until they succeeded.

@bwhsh8r, indeed. politics are very dirty, all over the word. Italy was a prime example, until a few months ago, with a mafia boss as Prime Minister (but many people worship him as a saint)

really??? i didnt even hear about that, and politics are just opinion for the most part, because what works for some cultures wont work for others, and i personally dont think america is a evil regime, although i do not like how we are forcing our culture on everyone else, although thats somewhat hard not to do when your on top..... and notice everything gets blamed on the president, but he really doesnt have that much power.... its shared.... and the vice president has more......

and i personally dont think america is a evil regime, although i do not like how we are forcing our culture on everyone else, although thats somewhat hard not to do when your on top.....

I don't believe that the US are an evil regime either, because at the end of the day you can get rid of your President every 4 years. And I don't believe for a moment that the American people are bad, I know them too well and I know how kind they can be.

Trouble is, there are "entities" which are much more powerful than the President, and if he displease them he gets murdered or impeached. To explain who those "entities" are, would take a very long post and a lot of people wouldn't agree.

Its like Bill Hicks said... no matter how good your intentions are on the campaign-trail, once you're in, they bring you into a dark, smoke-filled room with all the capitalist scum-{censored} who got you in there, and a big guy puffing on a cigar says 'roll the film'. a little projector screen lowers and a film starts... and its the Kennedy assassination taken from an angle that you've never seen before. the film ends and the lights come up and the big guy says...

"Any questions?"

Its like Bill Hicks said... no matter how good your intentions are on the campaign-trail, once you're in, they bring you into a dark, smoke-filled room with all the capitalist scum-{censored}s who got you in there, and a big guy puffing on a cigar says 'roll the film'. a little projector screen lowers and a film starts... and its the Kennedy assassination taken from an angle that you've never seen before. the film ends and the lights come up and the big guy says...

"Any questions?"

:) Very good!

Its like Bill Hicks said... no matter how good your intentions are on the campaign-trail, once you're in, they bring you into a dark, smoke-filled room with all the capitalist scum-{censored}s who got you in there, and a big guy puffing on a cigar says 'roll the film'. a little projector screen lowers and a film starts... and its the Kennedy assassination taken from an angle that you've never seen before. the film ends and the lights come up and the big guy says...

"Any questions?"

lol gotta love conspiracy theories... here is how it really goes, companys and corporations make campeign donations, then to keep the $ you do what is popular with them.... and bribes etc.... but thats what really happens.

ya know what i say, do whatevers cheaper, if we can kill em and i dont have to pay for them in taxes, then go for it. (lol) but seriously, i dont want to pay for other peoples food and board (especially criminals, and its not like we can just let mass murderers go.)

With all respect to your very personal opinion (which your statement is), it does not invalidate anything I said before.