HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Hi,

I decided that now that things are working pretty well, I made an installer ^)^ Just unzip and run the .pkg restart and plug dvi to vga on right dvi port and enjoy (need device id 7244)

If anyone could try this new installer out ij'd really appriciate it (looks at hm_ok)

This is version 0.2

Enjoy

Here is the link :)

http://upload2.net/page/download/HFYZ7vVxK...er+0.2.zip.html

(hm_ok use .2 not .1 installer

Edited by jccool

there are different natits, natit auto, natit ati, btw natit crashed mine too, if you want I can modify my methode for your device id but you wont have an installer, youll have to use the directions on page 2,

If you wana try that, gimme ur dev id asap and Ill mod it,

Jccool

there are different natits, natit auto, natit ati, btw natit crashed mine too, if you want I can modify my methode for your device id but you wont have an installer, youll have to use the directions on page 2,

If you wana try that, gimme ur dev id asap and Ill mod it,

Jccool

ill do that asap.. let me look them up...

Hi,

It seems you don'ty need my fulkl installer, all you need is my atindrv,

get it from here: http://upload2.net/page/download/sUVZ7diCV...V.kext.zip.html

to install it, go to /system/library/extensions and totally enialate atindrv!!! trash it make it dissapear, no longer in extensions folder,

then, extract atindrv.zip (mine) to the desktop (not to a folder called atindrv.kext literally on your desktop)

now, go to /applications/utilities/terminal.app (open terminal)

type sudo -s

type your admin password

type sudo mv /users/YOUR USERNAME/desktop/atindrv.kext /system/library/extensions

now check your desktop and atindrv.kext should have magically disappeared!

okay now back in terminal,

type sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/atindrv.kext

then type sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/atindrv.kext

now, CLOSE TERMINAL

then go to /system/library and look for

Extensions.mkext, and also look for extensions.kextcache,

TRASH BOTH OF THESE (dont worry theyll come back on nxt boot.)

now reboot and see if the artifacts go away

good luck buddy!

And now work fo me but my LCD Acer AL196W is no recognized because is VGA with adapter to DVI...

Daual display unfortnately don't work...

Hi, SaxMachine,

Glad your X1950XT is working, there isn't anything I can do about dvi and dual display because you would need to use Natit but Natit does not work at all with x1950XT, atleast it is fast and stable, I know i'm happy, it is better tan going out to buy a 3-4000$ intel mac,

For BarryBar:

Hello,

I was thinking, since the x1950 pro is based on the x1900 gt, and the x1900 gt is based on the x1900xt (r580) then I think you should try the Jccool Method. If it worked for my sapphire x1950xt based on the x1900 xt then it should work on yours,

i think it is worth a try :|.

I have modified what I did for mine to fit 7280. I really think you should give it a try.

If you do delete anything natit related and delete the 5 files included in my zip from your extensions folder and sudo mv the ones i gave, then sudo chown root...

Hope it helps your qe/ci situation, remember, vga only and right dvi port.

Good Luck,

Here is the link to the zip

http://files-upload.com/files/42509/ati1950pro.zip.html

Hi jccool! Will test this with my GeCube x1950Pro (link of the card is on my sig)

Jccool youre amazing, thank you so much for this installer. Im running a X1900XT. My first post here btw...... long time reader, first time poster =)

post-19235-1169714203_thumb.png

Edited by pelayostyle