HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

suidar,

If you have a fresh install of 10.5.7, you can do the modifications on the stock drivers yourself:

1. Go to /System/Library/Extensions/

2. Show contents for the ATIRadeon.kext

3. edit the Contents/Info.plist with a text editor:

4. Find the <key>IOPCIMatch</key> and replace the contents of the <string> following it with this:

<string>0x72441002</string>

5. Do the same in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

6. Edit ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin/Contents/Info.plist, replacing the corresponding block with this:

<key>CFPlugInFactories</key>
<dict>
	<key>10027244-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</key>
	<string>ATIRadeonX1000GAFactory</string>
</dict>
<key>CFPlugInTypes</key>
<dict>
	<key>ACCF0000-0000-0000-0000-000a2789904e</key>
	<array>
		<string>10027244-0000-0000-0000-000a27898d3e</string>
	</array>
</dict>

7. Fix the permissions with Disk Utility or OSx86Tools.

After reboot you should have hardware accelerated graphics(hinted by a gfx card's fan revving up on boot) with a single display mode available. If you already have Natit.kext installed, you'll see all the modes available for your display.

I've tested this on a fresh install of iAtkos v7. Works like a charm on my Sapphire 1950XT 256Mb.

P.S. I was unable to get the drivers working after upgrading to 10.5.8, has anyone succeeded in that?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If anyone finds the links and/or files let me know. I will host the files for JcCool.

Does anyone have the AIO Installer Link or a place for me to download it?... All JCCOOL's links are broken.

I'm running a X1950 XT ATi Graphics card in JaS 10.4.8 Mac OS.

Thank you for the help ;)

• 1 month later...

vahan: i tried you suggestions in 10.5.8 (i have a sapphire x1950xt 512mb) without success. maybe it just works in 10.5.7

atm i'm trying to get 10.5.8 working with emptyskull's 10.5.6 drivers

update: got it working!

sapphire x1950xt 512mb with 10.5.6 drivers in 10.5.8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just went though 40 pages of this thread and EVERY fu*king file link is dead. Can anyone point me to some help getting my x1950 Pro working under Snow?

Thanks,

BR

Unfortunately support for this set of cards has ceased. It is not currently possible and probably will never be possible for these cards to run in SL because Apple no longer provides support for them therefore my method will no longer work.

• 3 weeks later...

So there is no way to get a x1950xt working under SL? That really sucks... I finally got everything else on my system working (took me forever to get sound), and graphics kinda sorta work. I can't use both monitors, only 1. I have translucent menu bar and such, but still get artifacts, and if I try to play any video (in quicktime/vlc/fcp/etc), as soon as the video plays, the screen goes crazy, and I have to restart to get it back. Any ideas at all?

Unfortunately support for this set of cards has ceased. It is not currently possible and probably will never be possible for these cards to run in SL because Apple no longer provides support for them therefore my method will no longer work.

I'm stuck with a sapphire X1900XTX (Device ID 7249, Producer ID 1002). Has anyone got a hint for me how to get it to support different resolution than 1024x728 and QE enabled under Snow Leopard (10.6.3)?

Tried A LOT but nothing worked so far...

S.M.S. (save my soul...) pls.

I haven't seen a fan fix anywhere. :( It probably has something to do with the 4pin fan connecter.. but I don't know... I would love a fan fix for the X1950XTX!

And I have this problem with Fan on this card in all Leopards

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATED!!!!

4-29-2010

Woohoooo!!!!!!!

I finally figured out how to run in 32 and 64 bit using ONLY the VANILLA drivers that came with Snow Leopard 10.6.3!!!!! I am running 2 23-inch apple cinema displays on it just fine, and Final Cut even works good on it

My Device id is 0x72441002

I have a Intel Badaxe2 Motherboard too. (If that matters)

I am using the DSDT Method for my video card, so here is my graphic settings in my DSDT. My Motherboard didn't have a entry for my graphics card, so I had to add it. I put it at the first thing under the Device (PCI0) part. The DSDT.aml addition is in the attached file.

If the DSDT patching is too hard, I included EVOenabler-x19X0.kext for you. If you are using a EFI string right now, you will need to have to Replace Prionace with Alopias . (A simple find and replace, once it is in XML Form in your text editor) I had tried a older DSDT I had that had Prionace in it, and I got a Kernel Panic because the driver didn't know how to interpret Prionace.

If you are using Natit now, REMOVE IT!!! Or you may enter the Kernel Panic zone! :)EVOenabler-x19X0.kext replaces it, and works in 32 & 64 bit modes.

Then Just put my kext's in your /Extra/10.6/Extensions folder (If you have a dual boot like I do)... I have made the kext's so they should cover every X1900 and X1950 card, but hey, it isn't a exact science. Also, on 10.6.0, it will kernel panic, unless you remove JaminMc-x19x0.kext from your extra's folder. It does work for 10.6.2 and 10.6.3. Haven't tested 10.6.1.

If your device id is 728x, (Where the x is a number between 0 and 9), and you get a kernel panic when booting, and you are on 10.6.3, then I hexedited the ATIRadeonX1000.kext, and wrote a script to install it for you. it is in the "Dev 728X" folder.-- Haven't tested that kext, so let me know if it doesn't work. (You should of seen this on the other thred then... But since this if for both cards, I have this on both threads.)

To make your computer boot faster, you can go into your /extra/10.6 folder and do this:

sudo -s
  chmod -R 755 Extensions
  chown -R 0:0 Extensions
  mkext -m Extensions.mkext Extensions
  chmod -R 777 Extensions

The last line is so that it is easy to add or remove and other kexts to your Extensions folder. I do that any time I modify my extensions...

And you are done!!!

Note: If the bootup flashes a color full screen, then stays black, then it works (Well, it will after a reboot). Mine was green on one screen, and red on the other.

-- If you have a Apple keyboard, you can press Control-command-eject, and it will reboot your computer for you, and do it cleanly. If not, just hit the reset button on you computer after the harddrive stops accessing. You wouldn't want to corrupt something. I also notice that it will do this if you change other things in your extensions folder…

I wrote injection kext's for the /Extra's folder. My goal is to be able to boot from any USB drive with Snow Leopard, and have a fully vanilla install.. This is the first time my X1950 has been able to function totally vanilla. No more adding my device ID on every OS update!

Also, if you have been trying other things, you may want to copy over virgin Kext's (I just copied them from my macbook that has 10.6.3 on it in virgin state) I'm sure you can get them from the 10.6.3 update with pacifist too.

Edit 4-30-10

Oops, missed something in my script... Fixed it now, and added permissions repair to it.

So here is my latest version!

JaminMc_X19X0.zip

Woohoooo!!!!!!!

I finally figured out how to run in 32 and 64 bit using ONLY the VANILLA drivers that came with Snow Leopard 10.6.3!!!!! I am running 2 23-inch apple cinema displays on it just fine, and Final Cut even works good on it :huh:

My Device id is 0x72441002

I have a Intel Badaxe2 Motherboard too. (If that matters)

I am using the DSDT Method for my video card, so here is my graphic settings in my DSDT. My Motherboard didn't have a entry for my graphicscard, so I had to add it. I put this at the first thing under the Device (PCI0) part:

Device (PEG1)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
			Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Return (Package (0x02)
				{
					0x0B, 
					0x04
				})
			}

Device (GFX1)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Name (_SUN, Zero)
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x02)
						{
							"device-id", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x40, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00
							}
						}, Local0)
					Store (Package (0x2A)
						{
							"@0,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0D)
							{
								"ATY,Alopias"
							}, 

"@0,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@0,name", 
							Buffer (0x0D)
							{
								"ATY,Alopias"
							}, 

"@1,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0D)
							{
								"ATY,Alopias"
							}, 

"@1,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@1,name", 
							Buffer (0x0D)
							{
								"ATY,Alopias"
							}, 

"ATY,Card#", 
							Buffer (0x0E)
							{
								"109-B77101-00"
							}, 

"ATY,DeviceID", 
							Buffer (0x02)
							{
								0x40, 0x72
							}, 

"ATY,EFIDriverType", 
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x02
							}, 

"ATY,EFIEnabledMode", 
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x02
							}, 

"ATY,EFIHWInitStatus", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								/* 0000 */	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"ATY,EFIOrientation", 
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x02
							}, 

"ATY,EFIVersion", 
							Buffer (0x0A)
							{
								"01.00.318"
							}, 

"ATY,EFIVersionB", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"113-B77101-012"
							}, 

"ATY,EFIVersionE", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"113-B7710A-318"
							}, 

"ATY,MCLK", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x8C, 0xEB, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"ATY,Rom#", 
							Buffer (0x10)
							{
								"113-AX89100-100"
							}, 

"ATY,SCLK", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0xC1, 0xC5, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"ATY,VendorID", 
							Buffer (0x02)
							{
								0x02, 0x10
							}, 

"device_type", 
							Buffer (0x13)
							{
								"ATY,AlopiasParent"
							}, 

"model", 
							Buffer (0x18)
							{
								"ATI Radeon x1950 Series"
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
		}

I also wrote a couple of injection kext's for the /Extra's folder. My goal is to be able to boot from any USB drive with Snow Leopard, and have a fully vanilla install.. This is the first time my X1950 has been able to function totally vanilla. No more adding my device ID on every OS update! -_-

Should also work for a x1900, although my X1900 is at home... I just might test it this week. It is 724b, so I have it's device id in there too.

very very good stuff! can you better explain how to use files that you have posted? Injection kexts works without dsdt modify too? I have to put all them in /extra folder, or only one? I wait for an answer...thank you..

kalis.

very very good stuff! can you better explain how to use files that you have posted? Injection kexts works without dsdt modify too? I have to put all them in /extra folder, or only one? I wait for an answer...thank you..

kalis.

I patched the DSDT, It is just patched so I don't have to use a EFI string. I have been getting into the DSDT, because you can make your system work more like a real mac :)

But if you don't want to mess with the DSDT, you can try this modified EVOenabler kext. I haven't tried it since I am not at the office right now, but it looks like it is about the same info being injected as I put in the DSDT.

EVOenabler_x1950.kext.zip

Note, I am using the Alopias Framebuffer. That one works on the X1950, and has both 32 and 64 bit drivers in Snow Leopard. All the Kext's I made do is inject the device settings from the /Extra folder. It keeps me from having to edit the info.plist in the ATI1900Controller.kext, and ATIRadeonX1000.kext therefore having a fully vanilla setup. In Leopard I always used Prionace for my frame buffer, which doesn't exist in Snow Leopard, which is why the old solution needed files from leopard, and only worked in 32 bit. That worked fine for me in Snow, but then I had to edit settings in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext when I updated to 10.6.3, so I set out to make a Vanilla, and here I am now :)

ATI1900Controller.kext -- This one is responsible of 2D support, including resolution change, output signal handle, and refresh rate (What ATINDRV.kext did in Leopard, The only file I need to have my old 32bit setup with Prionace)

ATIRadeonX1000.kext -- This one brings hardware acceleration allowing use of QE (Quartz Exterme) and CI (Core Image).

If I get time, I will try to make it all 1 Kext for your extra's folder in the next few days. I spent hours of rebooting, and debuging getting this to work over a couple days. I was soo excited when I got it to work. The first time I got it to work, I was in 64 bit mode too!

Also, if you have been trying other things, you may want to copy over virgin Kext's (I just copied them from my macbook that has 10.6.3 on it in virgin state) I'm sure you can get them from the 10.6.3 update with pacifist too.

Here is what I did to get virgin drivers back my computer:

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
sudo cp -rp /Volumes/SnowJam/System/Library/Extensions/ATI* /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

I patched the DSDT, It is just patched so I don't have to use a EFI string. I have been getting into the DSDT, because you can make your system work more like a real mac ;)

But if you don't want to mess with the DSDT, you can try this modified EVOenabler kext.

Note, I am using the Alopias Framebuffer.

Hi. I am new to this, just tried installing SL for the first time in the exact same day you released your files...lucky ;)

However I tried your method but couldn't get it to work yet...I have a 7244 and a GA-P35 mobo.

I tried to patch the DSDT with DSDTSE and also tried the EVOenabler...none worked.

I put your kexts in Chameleon /Extras/Extensions.

Should I use GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon? I also tried that.

How do I enable the Alopias Framebuffer in SL?

I get this in SystemProfiler:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7244

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1400 x 1050

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Thank you

Hi. I am new to this, just tried installing SL for the first time in the exact same day you released your files...lucky ;)

However I tried your method but couldn't get it to work yet...I have a 7244 and a GA-P35 mobo.

I tried to patch the DSDT with DSDTSE and also tried the EVOenabler...none worked.

I put your kexts in Chameleon /Extras/Extensions.

Should I use GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon? I also tried that.

How do I enable the Alopias Framebuffer in SL?

I get this in SystemProfiler:

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Thank you

Yea, DSDT patching can be tricky. it took me a while to get it to work myself. The computer I did this on is at my office, and tomorrow I will get the EVOenabler fixed for you. That way people will have a easier option than messing with the DSDT.

See if you can find someone elses DSDT for you motherboard that has been patched for another video card. I actually used a DSDT for my motherboard that was patched for a NVIDIA to find where it actually put the graphics card info, and then I replaced it with the ATI stuff I funt in another thread. Before that I was using a EFI string for my videocard. If you have a EFI string from your leopard days, use the converter (Forgot what it is called) and convert the hex to xml. Replace the framebuffer that is in it (It is probably Prionace) to Alopias. Then convert it back to hex, and put it back in your com.apple.boot.plist. Then all you will need is my two kext's in your /Extra/Extensions folder.

Yea, DSDT patching can be tricky. it took me a while to get it to work myself. The computer I did this on is at my office, and tomorrow I will get the EVOenabler fixed for you. That way people will have a easier option than messing with the DSDT.

See if you can find someone elses DSDT for you motherboard that has been patched for another video card. I actually used a DSDT for my motherboard that was patched for a NVIDIA to find where it actually put the graphics card info, and then I replaced it with the ATI stuff I funt in another thread. Before that I was using a EFI string for my videocard. If you have a EFI string from your leopard days, use the converter (Forgot what it is called) and convert the hex to xml. Replace the framebuffer that is in it (It is probably Prionace) to Alopias. Then convert it back to hex, and put it back in your com.apple.boot.plist. Then all you will need is my two kext's in your /Extra/Extensions folder.

It now works with EVOenabler, at least partially, I don't know why it didn't work before, maybe I didn't notice sorry.

I can't get it to work with DSDT yet.

But I only get 1400x1050 resolution...I also tried SwitchResX4 and didn't work.

QE/CI is not working...Front Row is all black.

System Profiler:

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Slot: Slot-1

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Display Connector:

---------------------------------------------------

Strangely, I have two entries in "PCI Cards" on Slot-1

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Name: ATY,Alopias

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x7264

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1002

Subsystem ID: 0x0b13

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1002

Subsystem ID: 0x0b12

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

bash-3.2# kextstat | grep ATI

72 1 0x5b96a000 0x2d000 0x2c000 com.apple.kext.ATISupport (6.1.0) <63 14 13 7 5 4 3 1>

85 0 0x5b849000 0x13000 0x12000 com.apple.kext.ATIFramebuffer (6.1.0) <72 63 14 13 7 5 4 3 1>

bash-3.2# dmesg | grep ATY

ATY,Alopias: Not usable

I patched the DSDT, It is just patched so I don't have to use a EFI string. I have been getting into the DSDT, because you can make your system work more like a real mac :D

ATI1900Controller.kext -- This one is responsible of 2D support, including resolution change, output signal handle, and refresh rate (What ATINDRV.kext did in Leopard, The only file I need to have my old 32bit setup with Prionace)

ATIRadeonX1000.kext -- This one brings hardware acceleration allowing use of QE (Quartz Exterme) and CI (Core Image).

Hi!

Am i wrong, or 0x7244 simply exists in original SL kexts? So there is no magic that 0x7244 works with native kexts.

But, 0x7280 and 0x7282 is absent here.

Nvm, about the working card and the kexts:

Please, post your ioreg or just 'sudo kextstat | grep ATI' here. I want to see all the ATI kexts loaded.

And another couple of questions:

Have you modify ATIBuffers.kexts for working Alopias? And can you change monitor resolution now with you working injections? Because i have working QE/CGL on my 0x7280 in 10.6.3, but ATIFrameBuffer and resolution changes still dnt works for me.

Thanx!

It now works with EVOenabler, at least partially, I don't know why it didn't work before, maybe I didn't notice sorry.

I can't get it to work with DSDT yet.

But I only get 1400x1050 resolution...I also tried SwitchResX4 and didn't work.

QE/CI is not working...Front Row is all black.

Strangely, I have two entries in "PCI Cards" on Slot-1

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Device ID: 0x7264

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

72	1 0x5b96a000 0x2d000	0x2c000	com.apple.kext.ATISupport (6.1.0) <63 14 13 7 5 4 3 1>
85	0 0x5b849000 0x13000	0x12000	com.apple.kext.ATIFramebuffer (6.1.0) <72 63 14 13 7 5 4 3 1>

Hey, I have re-written my kext's and have them include the whole range of x1900 and 1950 drivers. check out Post #763. Let me know if they do the trick for you.

Here is what I get running the same commands...

70	2 0xffffff7f8095b000 0x30000	0x30000	com.apple.kext.ATISupport (6.1.0) <69 9 8 7 5 4 3 1>
71	0 0xffffff7f8098b000 0x22000	0x22000	com.apple.kext.ATI1900Controller (6.1.0) <70 69 9 8 5 4 3 1>
92	0 0xffffff7f80cff000 0x61000	0x61000	com.apple.ATIRadeonX1000 (6.1.0) <78 69 9 7 6 5 4 3 1>
95	0 0xffffff7f80d72000 0x13000	0x13000	com.apple.kext.ATIFramebuffer (6.1.0) <70 69 9 8 7 5 4 3 1>
bash-3.2#

About the "ATY,Alopias: Not usable", sounds like you might have something messed up in your /System/Volumes/Extensions... Try my updated Kext's first and see if that does the trick. Your device id is the same as mine though...

Make sure you have the Virgin Kext's on your system. If you have been trying other things, you may want to copy over virgin Kext's (I just copied them from my macbook that has 10.6.3 on it in virgin state). I'm sure you can get them from the 10.6.3 update with pacifist too.

About it showing up as 2 cards... The ATI graphics cards have 2 device Id's like ours. 7244 is the main one we use for Snow Leopard, and even windows. 7264 is the one that is used by VESA or something like that. If you try to use it instead, you will get a kernel panic. I have modified the EVOenabler to only scan the 724x and 728x range only. That will fix it showing as 2 cards, and the chance of it confusing the OS.

Okie, here is my report/feedback

My device 0x7280 , 512mb RAM

1. placed Evo kexts from the post above to /Extra/Extensions folder

2. maked binary and plist patch to ATIRadeonX1000.kext to change 0x7240->0x7280 and for secondary display 0x7260->0x72A0

3. maked DSDT PEGP/GFX0 device with the code from the post above (all the same but 0x7280, not 0x7240)

Result:

1. Alopias seems to work. Loaded kexts:

- ATISupport,

- ATIBuffer

- ATIRadeonx1000

AND no ATIx1900.kext loaded

2. Display detection still dnt work. Only 1 resolution available, connected flags in ioreg 0x0000000 - so no output ports detection available also.

3. Got broken Sleep. System cant sleep at all now.

And, about 2 Cards in ioreg: I have feeling, that the ATY,Alopias@0 and ATY,Alopias@1 devices is just a primary and secondary displays, that means 0x7280 and 0x72A0 devices. So 2 GFX devices in ioreg looks like bug.

Okie, here is my report/feedback

My device 0x7280 , 512mb RAM

1. placed Evo kexts from the post above to /Extra/Extensions folder

2. maked binary and plist patch to ATIRadeonX1000.kext to change 0x7240->0x7280 and for secondary display 0x7260->0x72A0

3. maked DSDT PEGP/GFX0 device with the code from the post above (all the same but 0x7280, not 0x7240)

Result:

1. Alopias seems to work. Loaded kexts:

- ATISupport,

- ATIBuffer

- ATIRadeonx1000

AND no ATIx1900.kext loaded

2. Display detection still dnt work. Only 1 resolution available, connected flags in ioreg 0x0000000 - so no output ports detection available also.

3. Got broken Sleep. System cant sleep at all now.

And, about 2 Cards in ioreg: I have feeling, that the ATY,Alopias@0 and ATY,Alopias@1 devices is just a primary and secondary displays, that means 0x7280 and 0x72A0 devices. So 2 GFX devices in ioreg looks like bug.

Hmm.

The ATY,Alopias@0 and ATY,Alopias@1 are both of the ports on the PRIMARY 7280 on your board. Don't waste your time on the 72a0. infact, putting 72a0 in your info.plist of ATIRadeonX1000.kext will either cause it to kernel panic, or not load at all. I run 2 monitors, and I don't use the secondary of 7264(same as 72a0 on yours) for that. So for any info.plist, 72a0 should not exist.

The PEGP/GFX0 is for the Intel Badaxe2 motherboard, and other motherboards have different setups on them. Try removing that whole section, and then try my updated files from yesterday. I have a feeling that your DSDT is at fault. Use the EVOenabler in my new kext's. I even have a hex patched ATIRadeonX1000.kext in there. Let me know if that works.

So here are the steps I want you to try.

1. Edit your DSDT. and remove the PEGP/GFX0 section.

2. return your ATI drivers to virgin state.

sudo -s
mkdir /ATI-backup
mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATI* /ATI-backup

Then use Pacifist of the 10.6.3 update, and have it install all the ATI kext's in your /System/Library/Extensions folder. -- that is if you don't have them backed up. I just copied them from my Macbook, because the drivers were unmodified on that :(

3. download JaminMc_X19X0.zip (Modified today), and put the kext's in your /Extra/Extensions (Or /Extra/10.6/Extensions) folder.

4. Then in your terminal, do this:

sudo -s
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 777 /Extra/10.6/Extensions
chown -R 0:0 /Extra/10.6/Extensions
diskutil repairpermissions /
touch /System/Library/Extensions

5. Then reboot into single user mode..

run the "fsck -fy" to make sure your drive is good, and then reboot.

It should then boot up and be up and working.

If you get a kernel panic, then boot in single user mode, and remove the JaminMc-x19x0.kext from the Extra/10.6/Extensions folder, then boot up. you should have correct resulutions at least. then put JaminMc-x19x0.kext back in, and run the load.sh in the "Dev 728X" folder from JaminMc_X19X0.zip then reboot.

Once you get everything working with the drivers like this, THEN you can mess with figuring it out in the DSDT. The DSDT patch replaces the EVOenabler

I have a feeling it is just your DSDT that is the problem though.

About sleep mode, I have never used it, as I like being able to remote connect to my computer when I am out of the office.

Does this fix the fan speed as well?

I don't know. I have never had any problems with fan speeds in the past. :) Try it, and let us know if it fixes your fan issues :)

I finally got it to work, but I had to put your JaminMc kexts in /System/Library/Extensions.

They did not work in Chameleon /Extra/Extensions. I tried everything.

EVOEnabler works in /E/E.

Sleep doesn't work for me either...It reboots when waking up.

Also, about your command:

I don't have mkext, where can I find it? With kextcache, I get

"EVOenabler.kext is not authentic; omitting from mkext"

, for every kext I have.

Thanks for your efforts and help

I finally got it to work, but I had to put your JaminMc kexts in /System/Library/Extensions.

They did not work in Chameleon /Extra/Extensions. I tried everything.

EVOEnabler works in /E/E.

Sleep doesn't work for me either...It reboots when waking up.

Also, about your command:

I don't have mkext, where can I find it? With kextcache, I get

"EVOenabler.kext is not authentic; omitting from mkext"

, for every kext I have.

Thanks for your efforts and help

You are getting the "is not authentic" because your permissions are wrong. the folder needs "chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions" and "chown -R 0:0 /Extra/Extensions" run on it. Then run command "kextcache -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions"

That is probably why you are having problems with my kext's.

note 0:0 is the same as root:wheel, but it is a lot less typing ;)