HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Hello all,

It seems that many people have device id 4240, i didnt expect this, my card is 7244 by default, my solution is only for device id 7244 not 7240, although I thought that 7240 was x19ooxt not 1950, my solution does not work for the pro, only xt with dev id 7244, reason why you have to reinstall osx86 is because mac assumes ur driver will work so theres no way of turning it off (there is but its complicated) I had to reinstall osx 13 times b4 i got my x1950xt to work,

as for the x1900 xt (think its 7240), there is already a perfect working solution

install this, http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/...00_3.5.mpkg.zip reboot and enjoy,

thats my 25 cents,

glad you learned bout kexts, its always same basic formula, for kexts. is your device 7240 or 7244 and do you have a pro or xt i was not cleared on this,

thanks

reaktor,

usually the dev id for an x1900 is 7240, I can try modding my methode to fit your card if you want,

Edited by jccool

and i ONLY checked this setting - 7244. i did nothing else besides your last description, because the first description with the 72c1 in the x1000ga.plugin file didnt work (no string like that in there) and the 7244 already was changed...

Hello Reaktor,

your device id is 7249 so i modified my methode for your device id

download THIS

http://upload2.net/page/download/XhMiBzbtd...ns7249.zip.html

and follow * THIS to install it...:

Hello,

Ok well first of all, mac is to bitchy to let you drag n drog a kext,

basically, extract the extensions.zip to desktop,

look inside, 5 files, cool eh?

now go to system/library/extensions/

look there, if you see any of those 5 files DELETE em, so if you see x1000.kext or atindrv.kext exc in system extensions folder you drag em to da trash,

now, the 5 files on your desktop, cant just drag n drop, that would be to easy, go to /applications/utilities/terminal.app

(open terminal)

then in terminal type sudo -s

then your password

then you need to sudo mv each file 1 at a time so type sudo mv /users/(name)/desktop/extensions/(one of the 5 files) /system/library/extensions

for me, the atindrv file would look like,

sudo mv /users/darwin/desktop/extensions/atindrv.kext /system/library/extensions

do this command but for each 1 of the 5 files okay, by the end, the desktop/extensions folder should be empty, and /library/extensions folder should have 5 new files,

not easy huh?

bout to get harder,

now,

next 5 commands involve,

sudo chown -R root:wheel

now you have to sudo chown -R root:wheel all 5 files okay

the command for atindrv would look like

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/atindrv.kext

but NOT JUST 4 THAT ONE, all 5 of them okay,

now,

one more,

now were doin,

sudo chmod -R 755

so for atindrv it would look like

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/atindrv.kext

but do it for ALL 5 FILES i cant emphasize that enough,

now, CLOSE TERMINAL

then go to /system/library and look for

Extensions.mkext, and also look for extensions.kextcache,

TRASH BOTH OF THESE (dont worry theyll come back on nxt boot.)

now make sure your vga adapter is on the dvi port closest to the motherboard

now reboot and your card should emit the right res, qe ci etc,

plz try asap, and tell me if it works,

Good Luck

thanks for da work!

so the last question would be if i can buy a vga to dvi adapter to connect the vga from the dvi to vga adapter to the dvi of my monitor. anyway i'll figure that out... just gotta wait till monday...

because then i only need to get a network card and then everything works!!! cool sh*t!!

Hello Reaktor,

your device id is 7249 so i modified my methode for your device id

download THIS

http://upload2.net/page/download/XhMiBzbtd...ns7249.zip.html

and follow * THIS to install it...:

Good Luck

Thank you very much for your help! I got the screen resolution to 1680x1050 now and it looks great!

But now I have another problem, after a couple of minutes, the screen freezes:

One time, it looked like this:

235.jpg

But all other times, the screen just got frozen:

236.jpg

What could be wrong? Is there a way to fix this? Is it possible to make the graphics card fan spin a little bit faster? (Like you can do in Windows, if overheating is the problem)

Since I haven't got the sound to work yet, I can't tell if it's only the screen that freezes or the whole computer, but I almost think it's the whole computer, based on the first image.

Help would be very much appreciated

yes well mine does that too, it is unavoidable, it does freeze sometimes in first 5 seconds sometimes after 7 hours, i just take my time cliking and it is okay,

glad it helped though, but if you find it too annoying you can always go back to 1024 but in my opinion, i rather live with the freezing, I hope that eventually the kexts will be improved and the freezing will end,

Jccool

yes well mine does that too, it is unavoidable, it does freeze sometimes in first 5 seconds sometimes after 7 hours, i just take my time cliking and it is okay

I'm not sure I got you. Is there a way to make the picture unfreeze, or is a hard reboot the only solution?

About sound, I have a Creative X-Fi, which I don't believe works yet in OS X. But on my motherboard there's a Realtek sound chip if I'm not misstaken, My motherboard is called Asus P5W DH Deluxe

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelme...2=11&l3=248

And once again, thank you very much for your help!

hi again...

still not working with a dvi-vga-adapter...

i guess i have to take the d-sub-plug on my monitor, right?? and then, the adapter makes sense, because now i attachted a dvi-vga adapter to a vga-dvi-adapter to make the whole thing work with the dvi-plug on my screen...

so the final question for me would be: do i need a vga-cable coming out of my screen?

guess i'll have to try that again... damn, scratched together all my money just to buy that little thing for way too much money, and now this :rolleyes:

if i knew this before, i would have bought a x1950 or 1900, whichever works as a dvi, because this way i have to get a new vga-cable, costing 20 or 30 euros again...

regarding the sound, i found no appleazalia file, maybe i haven't installed it at the beginning?

anyway, i'm getting closer to heaven... ;)

if i knew this before, i would have bought a x1950 or 1900, whichever works as a dvi, because this way i have to get a new vga-cable, costing 20 or 30 euros again...

Well, I have an X1900XT and I just can't get it to work (making the machine not crash in other resolutions than 1024x768), also, i had to switch from DVI to VGA to get 1680x1050.

But I still got my hopes up that I will get it to work :rolleyes:

it works!

i can change resolution and whatever.

only i have to go into my vga-port, so it's a little more blurry i guess (as jccool mentioned).

just to see about those crashes....

thanks again jccool for the help!!

greetz

Great News!!!!

I did some work on atindrv and fixed the crashing and the artifacts!!!! yay!!! you still need to run through vga but atleast there aint no more cdrashing/artifacts :thumbsup_anim:. Just replace this atindrv with the other (sudo mv, sudo chown etc) dont drag n drop,

Enjoy

Tell me the results!

This should also work for reaktor's x1900,

Jccool

Here's the link:

http://upload2.net/page/download/sUVZ7diCV...V.kext.zip.html

does this azalia solution also give me inputs? because output works fine for me...

however the screen stayed black last time i switched on, but recovered as i put it in the right dvi-port. maybe, but less likely, it was due to the vga-extension cord that i attatched. of course with vga cable. then i had to switch the resolution to high again, and that worked, too. sometimes it works left, sometimes not, but on the right side it works always.

strangely, i could even boot without switching my hd's to ahci...

by the way, no artifacts or crashes on my machine!

Hi,

Glad that there is no more cr5ash/artifacts on your side too!

I think I read that that sou8ndcard only gives you output,

I;m not sure what you mean by hd switching but the way I go from windows to mac is I go into the bios and make my mac drive the primary bot drive, then t boots from mac, then i make windows drive the primary one for windows,

anyhow, now that I need not worry about crashing i can start being productive on my mac!

Jccool

hi,

im really at a lose. hope you guys can help...

im using the jas intel only 10.4.8, i install osx86 ok, it reboots, the grey mac screen comes up, then the screen goes blueish & blurs abit.

is this my x1950xt connect 3d cards fault or summit else? how can i fix this when i cant get to desktop.

The only package i installed was the intel packages, as that was the only one on the dvd.

im confused & i thaught getting suse 10.3 to work was hard last year lol :hysterical:

ty Oxy

Hi,

Glad that there is no more cr5ash/artifacts on your side too!

I think I read that that sou8ndcard only gives you output,

I;m not sure what you mean by hd switching but the way I go from windows to mac is I go into the bios and make my mac drive the primary bot drive, then t boots from mac, then i make windows drive the primary one for windows,

anyhow, now that I need not worry about crashing i can start being productive on my mac!

Jccool

yes, no input, just output on my onboard soundcard.

hd switching means i go to main - ide configuration - sata configuration - configure sata as - and then switch ide to ahci. thats for the p5b-e, latest non-beta bios (0607 i think). that was recommended in another post, and until i changed that, my grey apple screen would end up with a small crossed circle on the top of the apple, never finishing the boot process. this behavior however changed lately, and i can only assume that it was the vga and all the tweaking around that made it work without ahci, because this is the only major thing i changed.

i have xp and osx both running on one hd, having partitioned the disk and formatted the first active primary partition in fat32 and installed osx first and then xp. only under these conditions would it work for me. no fat32 formatting or xp first would end up in a trashed system, and i already had f**** up mbrs after that...

only when you want to reinstall osx i guess i get a problem, because then i have to remove xp also... or do i?

and how about those strange folder permissions under xp, why do i have some folders to which "access is denied"? that's really uncool since some of my most important things lie there... :thumbsdown_anim:

any help about that?

thx