Canon Rebel XTi

Ictinike

44 posts in this topic

I just got my Canon Rebel XTi yesterday!

I personally love it. Much better then my old 4 mp Kodak {censored}.

I took quite a few pics yesterday! Hobden-photography.ej.am

Tell me what you think of 'em

what an awesome camera! looks like you are certainly taking some great shots too ;)

this is definitely a camera i have been looking at, it really is a great Canon product. as of now i have a nice 5 MB point and shoot, but what exactly are some differences that you have noticed in your upgrade?

livestrong

what an awesome camera! looks like you are certainly taking some great shots too :)

this is definitely a camera i have been looking at, it really is a great Canon product. as of now i have a nice 5 MB point and shoot, but what exactly are some differences that you have noticed in your upgrade?

livestrong

There's a huge differnce , SLR's you can control everything. Point and shoot is so not.

Edited by Ictinike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a Digital Rebel XtI for Xmas.

I have had exactly NO time to play with it though. I really want to get a flash, a 1.8 50mm and a better lens than the kit lens, but I'm a bit cash strapped at the moment. I've just recently become interested in photography and really want to take it up.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for equipment?

Since I have some older Nikon Lenses, I have a Nikon D50 Digital SLR - works great. Looked at the Canon Rebel XTI but did not like they way it felt and the way manual modes were handled. This my opinion. Check out www.imaging-resource.com or wwww.dpreview.com for decent review

Note: The Nikon D50 has been replaced by the D40 (which is too small for my wishes) but can still be found for sale.

Camera arrived. My new Rebel XTi is in many ways better than my wife's Canon 20D. The larger resolution and sensor cleaner are a must for a guy who shoots like I do.

Coupled with the 180mm f/3.5L Macro lens it's a powerhouse. Worth every penny too in my book. So much so, I took a picture of the penny for you.

=)

lincoln.jpg

jefferson.jpg

Edited by John the Geek

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my Canon Rebel XTi yesterday!

I personally love it. Much better then my old 4 mp Kodak {censored}.

I took quite a few pics yesterday! Hobden-photography.ej.am

Tell me what you think of 'em

I got a sweet deal on a eos 300d with 3 or 4 lenses, plus that i have 3 canon EF lenses already. So i'm buyin that one, to start with.. And when the eos 40d comes out, i'm having that one as soon as i can..

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for equipment?

i just got mine last night.

im going to get a battery grip first. it really improves the feel of this camera and extends the batter life by 100%.

next i am looking for a canon L series lens. they have way better optics than the kit lens it comes with and can produce images comparible to something like the 1Ds mkII.

i just got mine last night.

im going to get a battery grip first. it really improves the feel of this camera and extends the batter life by 100%.

next i am looking for a canon L series lens. they have way better optics than the kit lens it comes with and can produce images comparible to something like the 1Ds mkII.

you can't get that, since the sensor on the 300/350/400d from the 1d. The algoritms on the sensor are so different on the 1D from the **0D series.

The most obvious difference is that the 1D's pics are very grey and "lifeless" straight out from the camera. They need more post-processing that the **0D pics, RAW or JPEG :(

you can't get that, since the sensor on the 300/350/400d from the 1d. The algoritms on the sensor are so different on the 1D from the **0D series.

What are you talking about not being able to get? L series lenses? I have one on my 400D.

The 1D quality sucks compared to the new 400D, which is why they finally revised the 1D Mark III, which blows away all of the other digital cameras by any company. Took them long enough though.

I got an Olympus, and their line of lenses are great, till you get some cheap telephoto lens, like the Olympus Zuiko 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, the closest you can get to an object is 1.5m thats 4.9 ft, and if your shooting at 150mm the quality is very degradaded, so im trying to get my hands on a nikon to see it optics and how does it feel in my hand; I personally dont like canon too much because is what everyones gets and well Im a rebel kid so.... I think you got the Idea, still the first camera I came in love with was the Canon Rebels.... so I have something intimately with them... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, Canon Rebels are just what I learned photography with, so I'm kind of attached to them. My school uses them, and my teacher (who's a highly qualified photographer) reccomended them to me.

• 4 weeks later...

from my canon AE-1 to the 400D was a pretty huge jump, the 28-105 EF zoom is perfect, love this camera. Get a awesome 2GB CF card and shoot all day in raw ( check out ebay if you want a great deal on the body, got mine brand new 11/07 for around 620)