6 replies to this topic

Big Daddy

Big Daddy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hey Folks...

Been lurking here for a while and before, running OSx since the first(?) "Deadmoo"?? image....
I've gone through 10.4.3 - 10.4.6 and now this Tubgirl version. Everything works great on:
AMD 64x2 3800 2gig Nforce4 with a NV6600 pcie. BUT I had to push it and get a 30" display.

{censored}...had to get a 7600GS to run the thing...and started having a wierd video corruption on
start-ups, like a pulsating pattern and color shifting, NO desktop...just the patterning...I reinstalled
and patched and patched and tweaked and cussed...no fixing it....once or twice after a -F or -x boot
I'd get a slice of the screen (vertically) but no cursor (heh tricky) so I'd click and drag on the screen
to see where it was and open the display panel click the "detect monitor" and BAM everything would
come back....but on a restart back to nothing....

Until....I had a blinding flash of the obvious...and disconnected the connector(DVI) at the computer.
The screen came up and all was right....

This "reach around" is gonna get to be a pain...anyone have any ideas on a fix?

(Heh one time the screen came up sideways, until the "detect monitor" was clicked....)

Another new thing was that the Nforce network has to be manually set including forcing the router
address, otherwise is say it has an internally assigned IP address...and no outside access...??

Hey thanks all...really enjoy the tales...I feel it all...

Seeya.

ashkente

ashkente

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Interesting...I'm new here, but have a similar problem. I'm installing with the same disc on a Dell Inspiron 5150 with a Go5200 in it. I used Prasys' Titan autoinstaller and edited Geforce, NVDAResman, NVDANV30Hal plists for my devid. I get the same sort of messed up screen (white, with crazy blotchiness, that eventually turns into a semisolid grey), but rebooting a few times seems to "fix" it. Basically 1/4 of the time I boot, the system comes up totally fine with QE/CI and all, but the rest it does that crazy screen glitching. Perhaps this is related to this particular install? Or has anyone else experienced this semi-working Geforce problem?

Big Daddy

Big Daddy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Update:

I've been tweaking this the past couple of days.

1. Still have the screen problem on start-up and have to unplug the DVI to get a viewable screen.
2. DVD playback works great, including full screen.
3. AVI playback is great, including Xvid.
4. Burning works, including lightscribe writing.

I had to turn off hibernation, how the heck do you wake it back up?

powrslave

powrslave

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Try adding the edid data in the titan...for display 0 and 1 (do some research)

Also, I've added a titan kextunload / kextload in my /etc/rc before the exit
I don't know if this is the best thing to do but it seems to help me with same issue.

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/Titan.kext
kextload /System/Library/Extensions/Titan.kext

Glebushka

Glebushka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Maybe you should try natit for 7600GS? I am running it fine, no problems.
What is device id of your card?

I'm almost sure you can't get normal DVI output from this card. Mine has dvi+vga, and i had to use dvi2vga converter to get dvi port working.

What amount of memory your card has?

My card is
256Mb <PCI-E> DDR Gigabyte GV-NX76G256D-RH (RTL) +DVI+TV Out+SLI <GeForce 7600GS>
here is the info

nVidia GeForce 7600 GS:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 7600 GS
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0392
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
VGA Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Supported
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
SDM-HX93:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Main Display: Yes

forgot to say i am using jas 10.4.8 reseed with last kernel

Edited by Glebushka, 03 January 2007 - 01:07 AM.

Big Daddy

Big Daddy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hey Glebushka, thanks for the the tips...I think I am running the Natit for the 7600GS,
I installed Natit_Uni_1.0 is that the same thing? I am running DVI, because my 30" LCD
only supports DVI input...maybe that's the prob...Here's my info:

nVidia GeForce 7600 GS:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 7600 GS
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0392
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
Display:
DELL 3007WFP:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Main Display: Yes

The first "Display:" sez No display connected...is that the analog output of the card?

Glebushka

Glebushka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
you can try different versions of natit from here
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=35970
or here
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=33007
For me, version 0.02 did the trick.

BUT dvi output is not working for me, i tried all this versions - none of them gives DVI output on this card.
I have one dvi+vga monitor, and one VGA, and i had to connect DVI one with dvi->vga adapter. I think you can try serching forum for different solutions like editing natit info.plst with your EDID.

maybe you can use reverse vga->dvi adaptor to get it working, dunno. vga port is 100% working with any natit version out there, and with auto installer too.

Don't use UNI installer, it's not good for this certain card model, or at least replace natit.kext with different version

READ THIS (read all the topic especially post #4)
http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=250023

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy