3991 replies to this topic

Amadeus Hack

Amadeus Hack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Little install guide to help out:

I tried using this install guide, and I still do not see anything close to a wireless card on my system (I have an Intel 2200BG installed in a Dell Latitude D600), my system boots up fine though......

Amadeus Hack

Amadeus Hack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This is my first atempt to port the linux driver to mac.

The requirements are a 10.4.4 kernel and the IO80211Family.kext version 1.1

Please help me going further

Thanks

I tried using the install guide, and I still do not see anything close to a wireless card on my system (I have an Intel 2200BG installed in a Dell Latitude D600), my system boots up fine though...... Any thoughts??

apoc333

apoc333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
@Amadeus
I used the manual and the airport showed up. But it has no function yet. I'm strongly looking forward for the first working alpha or what ever release ;-)

rathalos

rathalos

i H4XX0R B1LL GaT3s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
amadeus, currently, its not a working driver yet.... like i said earlier, its only allows u to detect ur wireless card only and recognise it as an airport driver but does nothing more than that...

poplars

poplars

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Apple related stuff. Computers in general. Guitar and music, electronics, psychology and relat...
it is indeed a challenge, you have to rewrite the driver to the iokit or whatever, and it's a pain in the ass. I just hope this guy can actually do it.

Amadeus Hack

Amadeus Hack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well folks I spoke too soon, I get back onto my Dell D600 tonite and it is bricked. This was after I installed version 2 of the driver, I am running JaS 10.4.7. Back to the drawing board....LOL. I just have to figure out how to unbrick it.....

Amadeus Hack

Amadeus Hack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanx for the instructions, it un-bricked my Dell D600!!!!

Thanx!!!!!!

jalavoui

jalavoui

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
i've installed 10.4.8 with semthex bet9 kernel and recompiled the iwi2200.kext

The IO80211Family.kext and framework from 10.4.8 are usefull and should be replaced
by the ones found in the 10.4.5 to 10.4.7 update.

I've removed the IOPCCardFamily.kext from 10.4.8 (it crashs all times at boot). Anyone as it working on 10.4.8?

v2 of iwi2200.kext starts with a 168.254.xxx.xxx IP. it can be changed to 192.168.xxx.xxx or
other. I don't have 2 wireless machines, but i'd like to know if it can work in a closed network...
to use it on 10.4.8 remove the IOPCCardFamily reference from info.plist and recompile iwi2200.kext

I read bikedude880 posts and i can use all the help i can get on this. I'm using an old firmware. i'd like to use the latest
but i have no idea on how to split it (it is included in just one file) or to load it as in the linux code.

Anyone with new ideas, please post new versions of the iwi2200.kext on this thread for being tested.

The intel linux 3945 BG should be easy portable since it's an intel card. I would like to see a build for this one at this thread

New versions should be set to work with the 10.4.8 kernel. i'll submit then soon

banane

banane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
big up jalavoui!

Edited by banane, 05 January 2007 - 03:49 AM.

rathalos

rathalos

i H4XX0R B1LL GaT3s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
1000 cheers for jalavoui!!!!!! You're the savior of all laptop hackintoshes!!!!

cant wait for ur v2 to be released..... oh, please also do include instructions on how to install, or what dependencies are required.... ;)

cheers!!!!

apoc333

apoc333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Waiting fot the release, too! Keep up the good work ;-)

Kiko

Kiko

You Dont Understand Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
Yeah the 3945 is being worked on, im currently doing firmware loading. But it would be good to work together on one project. I was wondering if we ould get together and maybe do the 2200BG before starting the 3945 together. I dunno, just a thought.

Edit: Also when u release ur code, i'll give it a look over and see if there is anything i can use in the 3945 kext, if that is ok with you?

james2mart

james2mart

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 344 posts

Yeah the 3945 is being worked on, im currently doing firmware loading. But it would be good to work together on one project. I was wondering if we ould get together and maybe do the 2200BG before starting the 3945 together. I dunno, just a thought

If you two do end up working together, PLEASE be cooperative and selfless!!!! That has been the downfall of nearly every team here in the past! Good luck to both of you!

rathalos

rathalos

i H4XX0R B1LL GaT3s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
i agree... another important thing is also support from the forum users... previous attempts at the driver fail because of some think-they-are-so-damn-freaking-smart people who criticise the people who put in effort....

i believe as forum users, and people who desperately need their drivers, we should be patient and 100% supportive of their tireless effort and work... :(

Kiko

Kiko

You Dont Understand Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
Yeah i know, oh and are you still working on 9200? @ james2smart

kinwah.lai

kinwah.lai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
i wish i can help but i only know Java programming....
thanks alot for your effort .....

Picasosz

Picasosz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
If the 3945 driver gets done I would be willing to pay for it.

rathalos

rathalos

i H4XX0R B1LL GaT3s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
picasosz, wait for kiko... he's working on it..... :)

BaselineAce

BaselineAce

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
Won't work with the 2100, eh?

XNT

XNT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Acertravelmate 4101:<br /><br />[color=#33FF33]Intel Centrino 1.6 Ghz<br /...
Interresting project you guys got running up here, i would like to thank you all already for the efforts and i'm looking forward for future developments :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy