Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

download from Post #3934

i use kext helper to instal it on root user.

Thanks a ton

wireless is the only thing i dont have working on my laptop so im trying to test the drivers when i can (Dont Always have internet working)

ok i installed the iwi3945 from post #3945 and installed it on leopard and it recoginizes the wireless card as an airport but it wont find any networks......So i went and looked at system utility and noticed that it said that there was a third party airport card installed but that it was off so i went and looked in NEtworking and it shows the card as on.?.?.?..

Hope i wasnt reapeting know information and if im not i hope this helps

Hey John Mac,

There isn't a file linked to in post 3945, I am assuming you mistyped it because of that being the same number of the wireless card we are trying to get to work here. I am running the 10.5.1 Kalyway leopard and am really working on getting the wireless supported. I am very interested in the file you are describing, could you either link to the post or re-upload it? Thanks, I hope we can all figure this out soon, I know a lot of people have been waiting for it.

I have some potentially bad news. While I was out yesterday, there was an unexpected summer (I'm in Australia) rain storm, and because my window was open, my Thinkpad got rained on. Lenovo (whose repair policy is excellent) will be picking up my computer tomorrow. I'll know within five days what its fate will be. Until then, I'm without a computer, except for by Nokia N800.

Talk about thowing a spanner in the works... lol

I'm also in Australia and know what you are talking about with all the storms around.

I hope you get back online very soon, I have a dell 9400 with this card, and I am looking forward to this working.

i'm sorry, symuc... we hope that Lenovo will repair your computer as free, and they doesn't lost your files!

Sorry for the questions, but have you got a backup copy of all your works and files?

Well, he posted the full project some posts ago. So, he will be able to restart with :(