Intel Wireless driver

jalavoui

3,992 posts in this topic

and run networkselector, but i get kernel panic

and when i boot back normally i still get no airport

i'm sorry i'm not very good at this :S

thank you for your efforts!

Wrong way to test it ... see some posts backwards for how-to-test instructions ...

thanks, but

the problem is that i only have a 2200 card

i don't think i can make other iwidrivers work this way

Yes, I see.

If you explain what you think the problem could be, I can try something (I use Xcode - but not for drivers :) till now)

@ codogenic:

please if you want to help just do it, i mean if you have sort of a mini-team already, just start creating drivers for the hardware which is still a bit behind, for example the 3945abg... and if you can really do much better, send a note to the admin to tell him about this, and to inform him.. he could make you the official "driver producer" if you're that good at it. I mean the people who wait arent really the ones which are interested, if you would be that keen on helping you would have just done the drivers and put them here for testing.

@ jalavoui:

Keep the good job working.

Cheers!

It is done, and a new driver has been provided, in spite of the legal term B$ someone was claiming to know about. Sparetime is sparetime, and whatever code written that is affiliated with hardware provided by other manufactors than Apple is not owned in any way. Even Toyota allows software updates for other hardware installations in their brands. Its a given that this would be illegal if you were trying to distribute drivers made for Apple hardware, however this is not the case and the fact that it runs on OS, is not illegal neither. Drivers for Windows OS by other coders for other hardware have been made b4 as I recall. As stated earlier, a driver has been developed and is on its way here.

It is done, and a new driver has been provided, in spite of the legal term B$ someone was claiming to know about. Sparetime is sparetime, and whatever code written that is affiliated with hardware provided by other manufactors than Apple is not owned in any way. Even Toyota allows software updates for other hardware installations in their brands. Its a given that this would be illegal if you were trying to distribute drivers made for Apple hardware, however this is not the case and the fact that it runs on OS, is not illegal neither. Drivers for Windows OS by other coders for other hardware have been made b4 as I recall. As stated earlier, a driver has been developed and is on its way here.

Well ... less chat ... more code ... we are here to try it ^_^

Hey, ive been reading this post for a while now, and i am extreamly happy to test anything, as i have a laptop with 3945 ABG card =D, the one everyone is making a fuss about.

ALSO everyone please read what jalavoui is saying, "not enough donations to get hardware" - meaning blackmailing jalavoui wont help at all !!!!

i am also interested in what yoo use to edit the drivers, would love to lean something new!!

But i am happy to test, as i say i have a laptop with the 3945ABG card, with Mac OSx86 10.4.5 but can uptade is needed to, i also have acsess to lepard so once the tiger driver is sorted i can also help with lepard

Phill

kp fixes - maybe

my guess i'll take a year to make this drivers work

looks like nobody interesting in making donations for getting new hardware

the iwi2200 as about 2000 downloads and only 1 donation

maybe when it gets to 200000 i get 100 :P

Well, I have a Broadcom PCI Express card coming to replace the 3945 unit that came with my notebook. As long as this card works with my Uphuck 10.4.9, you can have the intel card unless you already have one. Of course, that means giving up your address to me.

I am expecting the Broadcom card this week.

Hey All,

I'm looking for the Intel 3945 driver for OSX 10.4.8. I'm no programmer but I've got a Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 and would like to help out in the development process in whatever way I can. I tried to follow the iwidarwin installation instructions but, when I get to single user mode, typing "/networkSelector" results in "Could not get ID for kernel control". I think it also says something about iwi2100kext.

Anyway, like I said, I'd like to help out in whatever way I can. So where do I go from here?

Thanks,

-rainwalker

P.S. - Added a small donation for your efforts, jalavoui.

If you explain what you think the problem could be, I can try something (I use Xcode - but not for drivers :worried_anim: till now)

well...

i love to explain it but i can only guess where the bug is.

if i have the card i think i can finish the driver in 1 or 2 weeks

the driver main bug is somere in the start() function and the firmware handling interrups

there's too many ways to find where the bug is

some developer have offer to help - i hope someone fixes this so that the driver developmente can proceed

my laptop is a acer 4100

i can put all kind of mini-pci cards - including a 2100. i'm considering buy one to finish the driver if there's enought support

i can't add the 3945 or 4965 on my hardware. this are mini-pci express cards and have several problems with mac os x

maybe there's a model of iwi3945 card that is mini-pci but even that i make it work the driver will fail for the pci-express cards

i'm also planing to make 4965 work - when it's done it will be the best driver ever written for mac os x

i'd like to keep this thread alive - i've been doing this for about a year, but i feel that i need to make more drivers work

any developer/donation help is welcome

iwi3945

interrupt handle test - please post separated logs for each version

iwi4965

power cmd enabled

iwi3945_irqt.dmg

iwi3945_isr.dmg

iwi4965.dmg

my laptop is a acer 4100

i can't add the 3945 or 4965 on my hardware. this are mini-pci express cards and have several problems with mac os x

So ... you need a new laptop :D with intel965 chipset !

If you come here for holiday , I'll let you use mine :D :D

iwi4965

power cmd enabled

Did you update the svn on googlecode ?

It seems the same as before ...

normal_4965.txt

@jalavoui

Maybe you know ... there's an (almost working) OpenSolaris driver for iwi4965 ... at _http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/laptop/wireless/iwk/;jsessionid=995EADCBD4141B02FE400AC224F6A16E

It's fantastic that you've been able to accomplish getting this done. We're all anxiously waiting to see the finished product, but I'm sure no one more than javaloui. When should we expect to see it? ;)

i'd like to keep this thread alive - i've been doing this for about a year, but i feel that i need to make more drivers work

any developer/donation help is welcome

Apologies if you're having to be repeditive at times jalavoui, but there are just so many messages to read through here. Could you once again remind us all how exactly to donate to the cause?

codegenic: Thanks for the efforts, looking forward to see what you'll been able to help with this and accomplish from your end.

well...

my laptop is a acer 4100

i can put all kind of mini-pci cards - including a 2100. i'm considering buy one to finish the driver if there's enought support

maybe there's a model of iwi3945 card that is mini-pci but even that i make it work the driver will fail for the pci-express cards

i'm also planing to make 4965 work - when it's done it will be the best driver ever written for mac os x

Damn. I'm sorry to hear that you cannot use my card. Unfortunately I am not in position to provide a notebooke with a PCIe slot.

So ... you need a new laptop :( with intel965 chipset !

Now, that would be a good donation!!

i installed leopard and my network card is 3945ABG, i dont see this note "This drivers are made for 10.4.x there's no support for 10.5 at this time" on iwidarwin. what can i do?

nothing much but wait

when there is a working driver for 3945 for tiger, you might be able to make it work under leopard.

unless the driver structure is completely different, i have no idea i am no coder, i wish i had more time to devote to this, but .. this semester is hitting me hard.

jalavoui, i will be getting a usb wifi card soon, maybe i can help you more with the 3945 since i will be able to run tests while being connected to the internet.

thanks again.