ImageMagick on Intel Macs

cyber1

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten ImageMagick to work on an Intel Mac?

I got it installed but getting error messages from inside my Perl scripts that I have used for quite sometime on my G4

Heres the errors I get:

<h1>Software error:</h1>

<pre>Can't load '/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.bundle' for module Image::Magick: dlopen(/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.bundle, 1): no suitable image found. Did find:

/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.bundle: mach-o, but wrong architecture at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

at /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/fsb/content_imageedit.pl line 3

Thanks for any help,

-Bill

Has anyone gotten ImageMagick to work on an Intel Mac?

I got it installed but getting error messages from inside my Perl scripts that I have used for quite sometime on my G4

Heres the errors I get:

<h1>Software error:</h1>

<pre>Can't load '/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.bundle' for module Image::Magick: dlopen(/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.bundle, 1): no suitable image found. Did find:

/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.bundle: mach-o, but wrong architecture at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

at /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/fsb/content_imageedit.pl line 3

Thanks for any help,

-Bill

I have it running with no problems at all. Are you using an UB version? There's one posted here (By Domino I think) that includes ImageMagick and other graphic libs that have worked just fine for me.

That's right, thank you Rammy. tomtefar, I just checked the link and it doesn't work anymore. Here's what (I guess) are newer versions of the same libraries:

http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/unixport/graphicslibs

I have the original package mentioned by Domino, so I can post it if necessary.

Thanks, yes I found the link on that site, however no luck getting to work.

I was able to get it installed from source from here.

http://sterlinganderson.net/articles/2006/...magick-on-os-x/

I am unsure how to set the path

Last step in the installation:

You’ll want to make sure /usr/local/bin/ is in your path. Add the following to ~/.bash_profile:

PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH"

export PATH

But from the ImageMagick Site it says this:
On Mac OS X (Darwin) machines set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$MAGICK_HOME/lib"

All went well no install errors.

I can run my scripts fine and no errors are returned. but it generates no images or image info etc.

-Bill

I am unsure how to set the path

You need both of those commands plus another.

The first one tells Bash that executable files can be found in /usr/local/bin so when you type the name of an executable, it will look there as well.

The second one tells Bash where to find the ImageMagick libraries it needs to manipulate and display images.

The third one, not shown, is to tell Bash where the Home directory of ImageMagick is.

You can put the 3 commands in any one of the following files in your Home directory:

.bash_profile

.bashrc

In Terminal, type:

nano ~/.bash_profile

PATH="$HOME/ImageMagick/bin:$PATH"; export PATH
MAGICK_HOME="$HOME/ImageMagick"; export MAGICK_HOME
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$HOME/ImageMagick/lib"; export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

(press Control-O to save)
 (press Y and <Enter> to accept file name)
 (press Control-X to exit)

Close Terminal and then reopen Terminal and try your scripts/commands again and see if the images get displayed.

You need both of those commands plus another.

The first one tells Bash that executable files can be found in /usr/local/bin so when you type the name of an executable, it will look there as well.

The second one tells Bash where to find the ImageMagick libraries it needs to manipulate and display images.

The third one, not shown, is to tell Bash where the Home directory of ImageMagick is.

You can put the 3 commands in any one of the following files in your Home directory:

.bash_profile

.bashrc

In Terminal, type:

nano ~/.bash_profile

PATH="$HOME/ImageMagick/bin:$PATH"; export PATH
MAGICK_HOME="$HOME/ImageMagick"; export MAGICK_HOME
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$HOME/ImageMagick/lib"; export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

(press Control-O to save)
 (press Y and <Enter> to accept file name)
 (press Control-X to exit)

Close Terminal and then reopen Terminal and try your scripts/commands again and see if the images get displayed.

I have now got it working from the command line but not from my Perl script.

I have tried several variations in .bash_profile like you posted but nothing works.

All I have in it now is:

PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH"
export PATH

-Bill