• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

OMX-Knuckles

OMX-Knuckles

Girl wif the hammer ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking... "1.3 Quake 4" and "Quake 4 1.3" are the same thing... If you're looking for a no-cd crack, I can't help you. Google is your friend.

alloutmacstoday

alloutmacstoday

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,817 posts
google and the demon

OMX-Knuckles

OMX-Knuckles

Girl wif the hammer ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Or the 'bay.

Prasys

Prasys

Cheese Cheese cheese

• Retired Developers
  • 338 posts
Jedi Knight III works

Installation how-to

1. Install the PC Version [and install any JK Updates]
2. Copy it to the mac side [download the universal bin DMG , i'll post up later]
3. Use Pacifist to extract the binaries
4. You'll have to get a noCD Image or a Patch that enables you to play [ I am not sure if its legal to post noCDs here] , but it should be as long you have the legit version

Star Wars : KoTor [knights of the old republic]

1. Install the PC Version
2. Update it to v1.03 [PC]
3. Copy it to the mac , and install the Mac Star Wars : KoTor patch v 1.03
4. You'll need to find the noCD Image or patched Image , otherwise it will ask for CD

Downside : The movies dont play , you'll have to convert .bik into QuickTime mov files , so you could see the movies. Other then that everything works fine

OMX-Knuckles

OMX-Knuckles

Girl wif the hammer ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Nice! Thanks for the guide!
Just to clarify, is the first for Jedi Knight 2 (Outcast) or Jedi Knight 3 (Academy)?

Updated- KoTR added to "possible" list, Deus Ex added to "Not possible" list (no OS X patch), MOHAA added to "Not possible" list (only Breakthrough and Spearhead demos available)
EDIT- I have an idea for MOHAA. I'll sort through the games filesystem and post a possible solution later.

Edited by OMX-Knuckles, 02 February 2007 - 08:02 AM.

Mr. Bond

Mr. Bond

The man with the golden gun.

• Retired
  • 881 posts
Stickied.

Excellent guide...I think it's about time we keep it in a spot that newer users can easily find. Works nicely for UT2K4. :thumbsup_anim:

OMX-Knuckles

OMX-Knuckles

Girl wif the hammer ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Thanks for the sticky, MrBond! Maybe that'll light a fire under my a** to start testing more games! :poster_spam:

Dark_Elf

Dark_Elf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I am trying now with Breaktrough.
I'm having problems installing the latest patch: it hangs for a while then it says that the patch process has been succesful, but I don't get changes. I think I'm doing something wrong in naming folders and files, but I can't verify since I don't have Mac version and I don't know how Breaktrough folder in Mac is structured.
Has someone Mac version?

Update: I'm not been able to patch, but copying the content of my PC's MAINTT folder in DEMOTT folder I got a result, but it's not perfect: I don't get all multiplayer models. I'm keeping trying.

OMX-Knuckles

OMX-Knuckles

Girl wif the hammer ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Thanks for the testing Dark_Elf! I apologize for the lack of updates, I've been pretty busy with work and some personal stuff so I haven't had much of a chance to play games, let alone test them. If anyone has progress, questions or a suggestion please PM me and I'll update the primary posting if needed. Thanks for the community input on this, it's really helped out!

Edited by OMX-Knuckles, 08 February 2007 - 05:36 AM.

jka7273

jka7273

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Cool! Nice list :thumbsup_anim: , but I tried to do this with Call of duty, and the Call of Duty demo app told me that the first map had the wrong version number. (2 instead of 56 or something like that) and the Call of duty SP app said that i needed to inseart the disk (my mac does not recognize the PC disk). If anyone knows how to fix this or why this happened please let me know. :rolleyes:

jka7273

jka7273

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Never mind about CoD- I found a No-CD. It works fine now.

BTW- It is possible to run Jedi Knight 2: Jedi outcast! Here's how
1. Download jkII demo
2. Install game on windows
3. Rename Demo folder to Base
4. On PC, goto gamedata/base
5. copy assets0,1,2, and 5 from windows into mac Base folder in the demo folder.
6. Rename jedi knight 2 demo to Jedi Knight II
7. Download 1.03 patch
8. Install patch
9. Find No-cd patch ;) (use google)
10. Runpatch
( Not nearly as complicated as it looks)

FckAHeroBeUrself

FckAHeroBeUrself

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Has anyone got Doom 3 working with the 1.3.1 Rev. A patch that came out 2/2/2007?

kolo

kolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't find No-cd patch for Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi outcast in MacOS (I have googled for a while), although there are many No-cd patches for Jedi Knight 2 in Windows.
If I don't apply the patch for Universal Binary, I can play Jedi Knight 2 by mounting .dmg file with Toast 8 ( but with a slow speed ).
After using the patch for Universal Binary, I can't play by doing that way. Any idea?
A link to no-cd patch for MacOS should be useful ;)

jka7273

jka7273

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No posting of direct or indirect links to warez
or pirated pieces of software, this includes cracks, serials and torrents.

This is what the rules say. I don't think that nocd patches fall under the "Warez" catigory :thumbsup_anim: , so,
<http://www.box.net/p...m1uzvu6p9#main>
For JKII- go to 6.
- Hope this is allowed!!!-

Forceman

Forceman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
How are you supposed to install the patches since they rely on the game being installed?

jka7273

jka7273

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Usually the nocd patch is just the application. As long as you have the Assets in the base folder on your mac, you can just put the application into the demo folder and run it. If you are talking about the 1.03 update, make sure that you put the assets in a folder called base, and not gamedata. So the assets should be in /jedi outcast demo/Base. Also, make sure that the demo app is renamed to Jedi Knight II. You should be able to fool the installer.

Note- the assets.PK3 files pretty much ARE the game. As long as you copied them from the windows installation into the demo folder ( in base) it should work.

Edited by jka7273, 13 February 2007 - 02:28 PM.

bxsci(macuser)

bxsci(macuser)

Insane in the Bronx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
hey anyone know if this can be done to Halo

OMX-Knuckles

OMX-Knuckles

Girl wif the hammer ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Probably. I haven't had any luck getting the Halo demo to work on my system so I don't really have a way to test it.

sandmanfvrga

sandmanfvrga

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
What about Battlefield 1942? Any solid work around?

Edited by sandmanfvrga, 20 February 2007 - 09:18 PM.

OMX-Knuckles

OMX-Knuckles

Girl wif the hammer ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
I haven't found one thus far. Has anyone else tried BF1942 or MOHAA? Currently I've been occupied testing some games on Vista for the Clancore forum but I'll get back to this at some point I promise :thumbsdown_anim:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy