X200 ?

Prasys

6 posts in this topic

Guys,

I am wondering if there is any chance or luck on getting X200 Mobility cards to work. Its a pretty good card , but then it sucks on OpenGL [its a fact , its pretty bad on it]. I am wondering if there is any way to enable QE/CI on the graphics card , it would be pretty cool though. I wonder if natit helps on this , afterall the cards are based on X300 and they share most of the things on X300.

Guys,

I am wondering if there is any chance or luck on getting X200 Mobility cards to work. Its a pretty good card , but then it sucks on OpenGL [its a fact , its pretty bad on it]. I am wondering if there is any way to enable QE/CI on the graphics card , it would be pretty cool though. I wonder if natit helps on this , afterall the cards are based on X300 and they share most of the things on X300.

Hi Prasys,

the thing is that we dont know it yet... I cant test it yet because I dont have a running system with 8.8.1 kernel and an other graphics card!

There are drivers for Radeon9700... But we dont know if injecting things into the IOreg works for these cards!

Apple dont use EFI with the Radeon9700 kexts in any Mac.... so somebody has to test!

Neo,

Test what exactly? There have been dozens of threads over the months regarding the x200 video issue. Never has anyone mentioned any "drivers" to test with. Many of use have tried just about every method out there, Koverg, Callisto, Natit, tried them all with no true success. If you are reffering to something along the lines of ATI Inject, I have tried that (and several others have as well) with only a frozen boot screen to show for it.

Looks like its a no-go for this card. As I expected ATI x200 sucks on OpenGL . I mean try to play KoTor 1 on your windows and see...you should know..that goes for many other opengl games...man