ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

Hi, can anyone please help me i'm a newbie and don't know what i'm doing wrong

i have realtek HD Audio 8 Channels with spdif

Details: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0883

and i guess it's on ICH7

I've tried to install ALC883Audio.pkg with any possible option, but still don't have sound although i see available inputs and outputs in preferences

Does anyone know could be the problem?

and also what option exactly i have to choose if i have a laptop with built in speakers, mic-in, line-in and headphones-out?

Thanx in advance

It works for me too!! 5.1 channel for my hackintosh!! ;)

Thanks, Skippy, I guess I owe you a big one :D

One very small caveat: Apple keyboard's volume control doesn't work anymore.

Is this normal?

How do you get it to work?

Which option did you choose (I guess it is 3 ports).

Does it have to have all jacks connected?

I tried 3 ports option and got nothing - no input, no output...Also tried 6 ports, no go there either..

How do you get it to work?

Which option did you choose (I guess it is 3 ports).

Does it have to have all jacks connected?

I tried 3 ports option and got nothing - no input, no output...Also tried 6 ports, no go there either..

First, I chose 6 ports + digital output option and got nothing.

So I chose 6 ports option without the digital output and made sure

every channel working alright and then, just followed Skippy's instructions :(

Hi, can anyone please help me i'm a newbie and don't know what i'm doing wrong

i have realtek HD Audio 8 Channels with spdif

Details: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0883

and i guess it's on ICH7

I've tried to install ALC883Audio.pkg with any possible option, but still don't have sound although i see available inputs and outputs in preferences

Does anyone know could be the problem?

and also what option exactly i have to choose if i have a laptop with built in speakers, mic-in, line-in and headphones-out?

Thanx in advance

Some laptops will not work properly "yet". I am still working on the problem. Have you tried the headphone port for sound?

Some laptops will not work properly "yet". I am still working on the problem. Have you tried the headphone port for sound?

yep, still, no sound

I've noticed a strange thing, built-in speakers appear as input and not output

Edited by gr8

First, I chose 6 ports + digital output option and got nothing.

So I chose 6 ports option without the digital output and made sure

every channel working alright and then, just followed Skippy's instructions :)

Nope, still no go. I tried 3 ports, then 6ports, then 6 ports + digital....nothing. I mean From "System Profiles" I can see that HDA and HDAController are loaded. but no input or output....

Anyway, I tried to fix natit and now my system not loaded up anymore, seems that ATIRadeonxxx.kext gone from the system but then this is another subject/topic....

Nope, still no go. I tried 3 ports, then 6ports, then 6 ports + digital....nothing. I mean From "System Profiles" I can see that HDA and HDAController are loaded. but no input or output....

Anyway, I tried to fix natit and now my system not loaded up anymore, seems that ATIRadeonxxx.kext gone from the system but then this is another subject/topic....

Your board uses ALC882, my packages are for ALC883 and ALC888. You need Taruga's kext.

eyemac: when you addreply select add atachment at the bottom.

Edited by skippyretard

Skippy,

for some reason, I am unable to upload to the forum. I have tried two days now and I cannot get the upload of the kext to complete. (appleHDA.kext for ALC880 line in out but WITHOUT SPDIF). I could probably send it to you via email.. any suggestions?

Thanks

eyemac

Yeah, I know that. BUT Ezhoon has got his to work on his Asus P5-LD2. Or I am wrong about that ...

Uh-oh...the system spec in my sig is of the second system. :(

My main system is based on Gigabyte DS3 mobo, which has alc883 :)

ok, so i switched from alc883 3 port to 3 port+digital (seems i get an optical digital output through the headphone jack) and everything works fine now. thanks everybody for all your hard work. now if someone could get my intel wireless card working...

Here is the AppleHDA.kext that I got to work with my ALC880 system providing line in and out (analog) but NOT digital SPDIF in or out. It works with both 10.4.6 and 10.4.8 (8.8.1 kernel). If you are able to figure out how to get SPDIF, I would be interested in how you did it. Thanks

eyemac

(sorry but for some reason i am unable to upload the file to the forum....suggestions would be appreciated.... i have tried from three different computers and two different internet servers, but to no avail. )

Edited by eyemac

Skippy, thanks for checking.

Perhaps I will use a MB with ALC882 or ALC883/888 for a project that needs SPDIF..The MSI 945G platinum board has ALC882 and I recall that I could get digital in and out working with Taruga's ALC882 kext.

eyemac