ALC88x 10.4.8 Kext

skippyretard

483 posts in this topic

Hiii...

I installed the iATKOS v7 and everything works fine except the audio is Realtek ALC888 @ nVIDIA MCP78 HDA on the MSI K9N2GM board .. I've already AppleHDA patch, I used VoodooHDA and AzaliaAudio but I can not make it work.

;)

I ask for help PLEASEEEE .. I await your response and I thank you in advance;)

codec_dump.txt

• 1 month later...
:P wow, don't know what I'm doin but I do know the bottom file worked great for me. THANK YOU!!!

intel dg31pr

q9300

2 gig coarsair ram

9600gt

everthing works.

OK, I have started a new thread so I can keep all my drivers together in one easy to find post. For a little background info on this project refer to THIS thread. I would also like to mention that this would not be possible without Semthex, Taruga, TheMax32000, Rene204 and the countless testers that have helped develop these kext!

Skippy

AzaliaAudio.pkg should give 2ch output on most High Def Audio chipsets (updated v1.1)

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

ALC883Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC883 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC883Audio.mpkg.zip

ALC888Audio.pkg includes kext's for ALC888 support on mobo's with 3ports, 3ports w/digital, 6ports and 6ports w/digital

ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip

YOU MUST USE 8.8.1 OR NEWER KERNEL WITH ALC883AUDIO.PKG AND ALC888AUDIO.PKG

If you have 3 outputs working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder. On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All. I have a standard iMac with a surround sound USB adapter (which contains 3 line outs, 1 line in, 1 mic). All I am trying to do is to have my sound play through all 5 speakers. I have tried the aggregate device method and it does not work. Also in connecting my USB adapter the AUDIO MIDI setup actually does recognize it as USB AUDIO DEVICE, but even then, switching to 5.1 channel surround, it still does not play on all 5 speakers! (However the test mode can play static tests on all 5 speakers, individually, so that is weird).

So here it goes: I simply do not understand any of this it seems. First of all.. how on earth do you find your chipset on the mac. All I know is- I have the standard iMac 24" 2.66 ghz Intel Dual Core bought november 2009. Everything seems to say Intel for chipset but that is the farthest details I can find. Here are my audio specs under system profiler:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x10DECB79

Audio ID: 73

Available Devices:

Headphone:

Connection: Combo

Line In:

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

External Microphone:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

S/P-DIF Out:

S/P-DIF In:

I don't understand ALC888 and 883 and all of these, how do you know which one your computer has and is using? I understand how to install kext files, have done so successfully but it has not changed anything. Probably because I am installing the wrong kext file for ALC888 or whatever when that is not something that I have.

Basically- it makes sense to me like this: find out your chipset, install kext file for appropriate chipset, computer should now have support for 5.1 ch surround. Maybe there are steps I am missing- I am new to mac so please forgive me for any ignorance. However please help. I just know there is a way to get this working, and I am tired of using wire splitters to make (4) speakers work because it just sounds terrible. This is why I bought the surround sound usb adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SA9E1A/ref=oss_product

Please help me get surround running! Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi, recently installed mac osx on pc. trying to get audio and graphics kexts for biostar tf7150u-m7 motherboard.

i downloaded ALC888Audio.pkg and installed successfully but not working.

----

YOU MUST USE 8.8.1 (how do i find out what version im using?) OR NEWER KERNEL WITH ALC883AUDIO.PKG AND ALC888AUDIO.PKG

If you have 3 outputs (how do i know how many outputs im using) working you can setup 5.1 using Audio MIDI Setup found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder (i receive of no devices found). On the menu bar select "Audio>Open Aggregate Device Editor". Click on the "+" square (cant click, greyed out) and it will add a new aggregate device. Now select "Use" next to each output you want to add(usually the first 3) and click "done". Change Default Output to the "Aggregate Device". Now select "Aggregate Device" in the Properties For: box and click on "Configure Speakers". Click "Multichannel" and select "5.1 Surround". When your done configuring your speakers the way you want them, make sure you click "Apply" before "Done". You should now have 5.1 surround sound working.

if you can help me with the graphics as well that would be great.