10.4.9 - 8P2111 & 8P111 Seeded (Intel & PPC)

Adrian Fogge

58 posts in this topic

Cheers Adrian I was worried because of some bad experiences I had trying to get a 10.4.3 server version to realise it was actually 10.4.8... nightmare.

Anyway, happy to report 10.4.9 is a bit quicker on my macbook, xbench is 2 or 3 points higher consistently, and running xbench under rosetta is much improved by about 5 points. I ran the tests a few times and it seems to be a consistent improvement like I say.

It is a benchmarking tool that tests various aspects of the system including hard disk read/writes, memory reads/writes, cpu performance and gpu performance under various simulated situations.

www.xbench.com (in case you did not feel like typing into google)

Edited by Adrian Fogge

How are you guys planning to update your systems to the release version of 10.4.9? Won't the installer just detect a 10.4.9 install and refuse to update? This is more for the genuine Mac users....

Um. All you need to do is download the final 10.4.9 when it comes out. Installer will just see it as an upgrade.... :)

so how is 10.4.9 working out for people? My macbook has been on continually since I upgraded 10 days ago and in that time, Camino has crashed once - but I'm pretty certain thats due to the nature of nightly builds. Interested as to the different experiences people are having

so how is 10.4.9 working out for people? My macbook has been on continually since I upgraded 10 days ago and in that time, Camino has crashed once - but I'm pretty certain thats due to the nature of nightly builds. Interested as to the different experiences people are having

I have not been able to mount images since I installed 10.4.9, but I have not had time to reinstall. Maybe I did something wrong the first time.