Mac Pro users please look here... Thx

strip22

13 posts in this topic

I am looking for Mac Pro users who has succesfully installed Win Vista with full video card support? Please write your configurations, thx. Btw i have installed win vista with 4 bit colur and tried with the driver on the mac driver cd (which i extracted from the run in start but with no luck...

All help is appreciated ;)

I have tried everything and have yet to get my ATI X1900 Video Card working on Vista using Bootcamp.

I get the error that their are not enough resources. Looked all over the internet and have not found an updated driver

that may fix the issue. Apple really needs to get this issue resolved ASAP.

I have tried everything and have yet to get my ATI X1900 Video Card working on Vista using Bootcamp.

I get the error that their are not enough resources. Looked all over the internet and have not found an updated driver

that may fix the issue. Apple really needs to get this issue resolved ASAP.

I have heard that its a issue (mac pro only) in vista, if you have less than 2 gb ram! This dude has it up and running:

Mac Pro with Vista

I have a geforce 7300 gt...

Mine was working for a while...

Machine Name: MacBook Pro 15"

Machine Model: MacBookPro1,1

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c5

Revision ID: 0x0000

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068

Displays:

Color LCD:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display:

I cant get my mac pro to work either, also stuck with 4bit colour with geforce 7300gt. I wonder if changing the pci express configuration will change anything? I cant find the application though, the manual says its in utilities but it isnt. Can anybody Pm it me?

Below 2 gb of ram?

I expect apple will come up with a fix for this soon. I think it also has something to do with the fact that the 'base system' drivers are not installed. But yeh im kinda dissapointed with my mac pro. Ive had more troubles with it than my hackintosh. Argh and has an annoying fault with cd's. Like if i leave one in for a bit then try and eject it nothing happens then any programs that could access the cd drives just crash, even dashboard widgets such as istat pro dont load up, it wont reboot or shut down so i have to hard reboot it.

I've managed to get Vista into 32bit color (I'm using a Mac Pro with a 7300GT and 1gb of ram) by disabling the PCI-E x16 listing in the device manager. But now "Display Adapter" is no longer listed in the Device Manager at all and Vista is using something called "VGASave" as the display driver. Is there anyone out there fighting with this same issue that has found a better solution?

I've managed to get Vista into 32bit color (I'm using a Mac Pro with a 7300GT and 1gb of ram) by disabling the PCI-E x16 listing in the device manager. But now "Display Adapter" is no longer listed in the Device Manager at all and Vista is using something called "VGASave" as the display driver. Is there anyone out there fighting with this same issue that has found a better solution?

Where do you disable it...

I got it working but it supports only 1 card, I have use the 64 bit version to get the use out of my 4GB of Ram.

It does support it well, but it has blips now and then, where the screen flicks off and then comes back, and then a pop up saying "the display driver failed, but has sucsessfuly restored now".

Here is the link to my Mac Pro.

* Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

* 4GB (8 x 512MB)

* 4 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB

* 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s

* 500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s

* One 16x SuperDrive

* Both Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and AirPort Extreme

* Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse (wireless)

* Mac OS X

* Final Cut Express HD

* Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)

* AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Pro - Auto-enroll

* Five USB ports

* Two FireWire 400 ports

* Two FireWire 800 ports

It was of the slip - i upgraded the ram, i go them off eBay.

BaYlisS