Is there somebody who install Nvidia 4xxx with QE or/and CE ?

Debian

63 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I think that the NVIDIA GF 4 TI 4200 with NV28 are working with Quartz Extreme and the other with NV25 are not supported.What the difference between NV25 & NV28? Mine is NV25 and do not support QE?Is it posible to find a solution if we flash the bios? Maybe np_ can help us?

Thanks in advance

Debian

On my system, I tested a ASUS GF4 Ti 4600 and it does not work, but with the same setup my GF4 Ti 4200 gives QE.

Hi all,

Is it possible to flash the bios of my GF TI 4200 with the chipset NV25 to have the same parameter than an GF ti 4200 with chipset NV28 ?The difference with NV25 & NV28 is I think only AGP X8 for nv28 and AGP X4 for nv25.

Maybe NP_ can give some informations about that

Thanks in advance

Debian

the nvdan20hal.kext and nvdan10hal.kext are seeming to be just stubs that dont really do anything unlike the nvdan30al.kext and the nvdan40hal.kext.

If that is so, why are people here reporting their NV20 NVidia Cards working?

Debian, maybe you are right. The GF4 Ti 4600 is probably a NV25 as it is AGP 4X, the 4200 on the other hand is an AGP 8X. If thats the reason behind some GF4's not working, i doubt there is much that can be done to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X, device ID 0x028110de, working nicely on 10.4.8 with the 8.8.1 kernel with QE (finally!). CI isn't supported.

Basically, I installed Natit_1.0.pkg.zip, added my device ID to GeForce.kext, NVDANV20Hal.kext, and NVDAResman.kext. On reboot, QE worked, artifacts all over my screen, and then it locked up.

Moving AGPGart.kext out of there fixed everything, and now I'm happy. :)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I had QE working on my Ti4200 on 10.4.8 (using Natit).

Now I'm on 10.5.1 (with Natit) and no QE. Any idea if I can get it back?

I've got the same problem. QE worked just fine in 10.4.11 with my 4200Ti but I can't get it to work in 10.5.2.

• 2 months later...

anybody get a Suma Platinum Geforce 4 TI 4200 working? (card is made in South Korea)

i'm unable to get quartz supported =(

under 10.4.8 jas

using the Nvidia drivers on disc (NvdiaNV40.support)

also using Semthex's 8.8.1 kernel

any help would be great thanks in advance