GeForce FX5200/FX5500 Installer for SSE2 AMD/Intel BETA

Prasys

147 posts in this topic

I have the same machine, did you get it ? The thing is working with my external display, but internal one is dark.

Only in Safe Boot the internal is working...

Thank you all !

Hmmm I would like to see if this would work for a NVIDIA geforce go5200 32mb in toshiba m200

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0328

Revision ID: 0x00a1

It would be a game of replacing id's and NVCAP's yes?

If anyone could help me get QE/CI working I would love them forever

I'm going to make a easy tutorial and/or installer for this tablet if i can because they sell on ebay for 300 pounds and make great lil "touchbooks" as i call them

• 2 weeks later...

its ok bro....

but that guy/gal Prasys said at 21dec. 2006 that he/she gonna post FX 5500 installer after few time but he/she wont posted it till now.... ;) ......i'm very very angry on him/her....... :P .....................

just because i need a running mac on GFX card for compositing work on Final Cut Pro 6................now i'm going to install retail DVD with boot-132...........

thanx again.........

• 2 months later...
Hey guys,

I've just created a simple Installer for nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Users and FX 5500 Users that allows users to just download the installer and run it. Its like Install and forget. What it does is pretty much saves your time to download the 250MB combo updater patch + editing plist + installing titan <-- a lot of hassle . Bah , this is the answer then , you just run the installer and voila you have QE/CI working* [and as well as Hardware OpenGL Acceleration]. No tearing or what-so-ever.

Here is the how to

1. Download the FX 5200 Installer or FX 5500 Installer

2. Run the installer , it would install everything for you. Just go with Easy Install [you dont have to customize anything unless you're debugging something or you have been told to do so]

3. Once its done , run Disk Utility to repair permissions

4. Reboot and pray

5. You should have your card kickin'

Oh here you go guys the URL :-

http://www.rakis.net/~prasys/gf5200.zip <-- for GeForce FX 5200 Series

For FX5500 Series , I will be uploading an installer once i receive feedback on this

I would like to thank dorin for this , for providing me the kexts , editing everything.

i can't download the software from that link. thx

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

I've just created a simple Installer for nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Users and FX 5500 Users that allows users to just download the installer and run it. Its like Install and forget. What it does is pretty much saves your time to download the 250MB combo updater patch + editing plist + installing titan <-- a lot of hassle . Bah , this is the answer then , you just run the installer and voila you have QE/CI working* [and as well as Hardware OpenGL Acceleration]. No tearing or what-so-ever.

Here is the how to

2. Run the installer , it would install everything for you. Just go with Easy Install [you dont have to customize anything unless you're debugging something or you have been told to do so]

4. Reboot and pray

For FX5500 Series , I will be uploading an installer once i receive feedback on this

I would like to thank dorin for this , for providing me the kexts , editing everything.

Hi Prasys,

The URL does not work. It takes you to a "Page Not Found" screen. Thank you.

Hope this helps... I couldn't get it to work for me on Leopard though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=596e43f...04e75f6e8ebb871

Thanks rockstarjoe. I'll give it a try.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I've been trying to get my GeForce FX 5200 installed properly but I can't get it to work! I always get some kind of problem at boot. The internal Intel 950 or whatever it is works perfect. So I could install kext but I have not manage to find any that works.

Tried to install Natit.kext

Tried to install NVkushInstaller.pkg

Tried to install gf5200.zip

Non of these solved my problem. What else is there?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
please dear post the FX 5500 installer........it was too late now........ :D .......BTW my FX 5200 worked perfect on Kalyway 10.5.2......

I think these are the two zip files for the Geforce 5500 FX that your looking for:

NVidia1.zip

NVidia2.zip

(Just click on the folder to get downloading options...)

Put the two into one folder, sudo -s, run ./install.sh. Personally, I still don't have CI/QE, but I can go to any resolution. If anybody has more "know how" than the n00b known as me, PM me or reply to this post and I'll tell you my install, give log files, Distro, and install method... Thanks and I hope these are the files your looking for...

I think these are the two zip files for the Geforce 5500 FX that your looking for:

NVidia1.zip

NVidia2.zip

(Just click on the folder to get downloading options...)

Put the two into one folder, sudo -s, run ./install.sh. Personally, I still don't have CI/QE, but I can go to any resolution. If anybody has more "know how" than the n00b known as me, PM me or reply to this post and I'll tell you my install, give log files, Distro, and install method... Thanks and I hope these are the files your looking for...

thanx buddy i got your PM also........but sorry this method is not working.......in fact TITAN kext have different DEV ID than FX5500.......and sorry for the late reply its bcoz of DIWALI festival here in INDIA

Anyone with working solution for qe/ci (fx5500) in Leopard ?

sorry dear i have tried a lots of methods but no success........few MODS on IRC says that NVCAP is the solution.........and i'm still working on it from last 6-7 months.....:(

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

Here is the how to

4. Reboot and pray

The above link does not work anymore.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fayytmlzwxq This one does :-)

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
hey Prasys....no installer for FX5500 yet.......... :wacko:

ehy man, if you solve this please post your solution to enable QE CI on fx5500 PCI 256

Modello Chipset: I Can Has Model?

Tipo: Monitor

Bus: PCI

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID dispositivo: 0x0326

ID revisione: 0x00a1

Monitor:19''

Risoluzione: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Profondità : Colore 32-Bit

Core Image: Software

Monitor principale: S“

Mirror: Spento

Online: S“

Quartz Extreme: Non Supportata

Mostra connettore:

Stato: Nessun monitor collegato

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

hi i am new on this forum.i would be like to know step by set how can i install the auto installer for fx5200 vga vard.I had installed the 10.4.8 JAS intel sse2.... and the laptop boots up but on the internal screen is black.External monitor i dont have.do i need an external montor to install that?Or how can i boot in safe mode.Is the internal lcd in safe mode visible?My laptop is a toshiba m2 only sse2 1,8ghz 1,5gb ram 160gb hdd bluetooth wifi 64Mb vga.

if anybody knows the exact solution please suggest it for me.

thanks

Hey guys,

Here is the how to

4. Reboot and pray

Is the installer available somewhere?

Ed

I already have it! Here's the link FX Go 5200 zip

• 1 month later...