GeForce FX5200/FX5500 Installer for SSE2 AMD/Intel BETA

Prasys

147 posts in this topic

So I'm trying to get dual monitors to work, but it seems the problem is that it will only find a second monitor if I have a TV hooked up to the S-Video port along with one of my monitors, one monitor and one TV will work. I don't want that, I want 2 monitors, is there a way to select which outputs the driver uses? :boxing:

Hey I have the same problem. did you ever get it to work and how? tHANKS!

Levi

Prasys,

Do you have an installer for the 6200 CO Its the overclocked version. Its PCI. I have the exact same system as you do the Dell DImantion 2400 series . I think that processor is se2 and not sse3.

ANyhow my audio does not work but everything else works. I did the jas 10.4.8 install DVD then did the Kookal's Combo 10.4.9 update about 300mb and finally updated the kernel to 8.9.1 from Irc #kernel.

Only thing is not sure what to checkmark during the install. WHat did you check when you updated to 10.4.9?

Edited Post:

I just read a post a little ways up and they wanted to know if your update will work on Kernel 8.9.1. Thats the one I have to.

LIke I said I installed jas 10.4.8 full DVD install. I think I chose only Intel for the Graphics and the Io stuff for intel. I did not checkmark the ATI nor Nvidia drivers. I might do a fresh install along with the Koolkals' combo 10.4.9 update. I just have to think about what additional features I need to checkmark to get the Nvidia 5200 to work?

Dell DImetnion P2.4GHZ SSe2 processor. 1 gig ram.

Hi

I have a problem with a asus nvidia GeForce FX5200 - 128mb -0x10de - 0x0322 - 0x00a1 - 1280x1024

I can to change all resolution but no CI,QE. I used a prisys's method, but no accelereted graphics.... but .......why??

All users have a good installation... I not!!! :-(

Help me please!!

Excuse me for my bad english!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do I need to have the Titan package installed? When I do that, I cannot boot my machine. It just has a kernel error.

If I DONT have it an install this, i ALSO get a kernel panic.

NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 266mb PCI

Pentium 4 1.7 SSE2

512mb RAM

25gb Partition

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You have a working 5200go 32mg, on external lcd?

Wow! I 've a toshiba m200 with same video card, but can't get any QE or CI,

have tried

Natit 1.0 mannual and automatic install.

Titan (as included in this 5200 installer also tried mannual install with Device ID change in info.plist)

MacVidia Drivers.

NVInject also editing DEV IDS.

I'm using Jas 10.4.8 SSE2+SEE3, running kernel 8.8.1 (semthex)

An information you could give on how you got it wokring with Natit or Titan would be very helpful!

Thank You.

Getting Close.

Have 10.4.8 sse2 installed and working. Natit and Titan both work on external LCD with QE/CI. 5200go with 32megs. Built in 15.4 only gives black screen. Tutorials section advise trying latest kernel, is nebukanezer the latest?(The one on Disk) . Video out is listed as PCI internal should be AGP 4x . Will try the earlier AGP .kext Tried one and gave the restart message . Don't know if device id's will make any difference now as acceleration is working.

Last hurdle

Toshiba M30 1.4m laptop.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have an m200 and am on 10.5.2. No luck with ANYTHING for the internal LCD. NVInject with the right NVCap can get external working nicely but this is kinda useless... Any more on getting the 5200go working in leopard?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much :) That is one of the things I truely hate about this forum is dead links (even to older posts on this forum) and having to dig up the drives (like I had to for my Audio). Lets hope this driver works, I know the MacVidia drives enable full resolution support but lets hope I get the acceleration benifits!!

• 2 months later...

Okay, so I can't get any of this to work. I've been here, here and here, plus this page and I just can't get it to work!

I have a Gainward nVidia GeForce FX 5200 AGP 128MB (devid: 0x0322, vendorid: 10de) video card. I am running Mac OS X 10.4.8 JaS with Semthex 8.8.1. Please help me. Titan doesn't seem to work and I'm just going crazy!!! :D I might break down and buy another card (of course today happens to be the day that osx86project.org chooses to have a database error and be offline, so I can't get at the HCLs -- jeez).

The card is capable of working. It displays the Mac OS X installer just fine. What am I doing wrong?

It would be nice to get core image and quartz extreme going as well, but I want to focus on getting the card to work first.

Thank you to anyone who can offer any helpful information! :D

***EDIT***

Okay, so I did break down on the hardware thing a little while ago. Now I have an MSI nVidia GeForce 6200 (NX6200AX-TD256) AGP 256MB. I removed Natit.kext and installed Titan.kext, so now I finally got the display to work...but still no CI/QE, etc. :-( Any thoughts?

NVIDIA GeForce 6200:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 6200

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0221

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

VX37L HDTV10A:

Resolution: 1280x720 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

CI/QE Working on FX5200 AGP w/ iPC 10.5.6 / Revised 01/06/09

1. Install iPC 10.5.6 with NVKush Complete Package - Working

Alternative: Modified version of NVInject NVInject_FX5200.zip

(NVInject 0.2.1 from DVD did not render QE/CI)

After rebooting, view boot screen to confirm that NVinject (or the "injector" you installed) actually loaded; if it didn't load, rebuild permissions using disk utility and restart

2. If no QE/CI after Reboot: try GForce/NVDAN kexts from 10.5.5

3. Repair "System Preferences Blacked-Out GUI Corruption"

(Only for 10.5.6 install - not occuring in 10.5.5)

Restore the Coregraphics.framework from 10.5.5 WITH PACIFIST

to /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ then Reboot

using Sanya's Method (Thanks Sanya!) ----

--------------------------------------------

Coregraphics.framework 10.5.5 install

1. insert a 10.5.5. distro

2. open pacifist

3. click "open apple install disks"

4. browse to the system folder (inside of one of displayed choices, depends on which distro you are using), and follow the path to Coregraphics.framework, then right-click on it and choose install

5. when it asks you to replace, choose yes (it will over-write the 10.5.6 version)

6. it may go a bit slow, let it run. after, reboot. On reboot, working Preferences GUI...

Alternative: Use "Search" in Pacifist

-------------------------------------------

SSE2 DVD Player Application Fix:

Patched AppleVADriver.bundle to fix DVD Player (SSE2)

Repair Permissions, update prebindings

Above tested and working on MY SYSTEM with Voodoo 1.0 and XNUstage 9.4.0 kernels (individually)

----------------------------

Additional Options: -

10.5.5. seatbelt.kext to fix open dmg issue

Notes:

iTunes "classic" visualizer wont run with options/open GL checked - runs unchecked

CI/QE on FX5200 AGP w/ iPC 10.5.6

1. Installed iPC 10.5.6 with no particular graphic driver selected

2. Repaired "System Preferences" Corruption using Sanya's Method (Thanks Sanya!)-

Restore the Coregraphics.framework from 10.5.5 WITH PACIFIST

to /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/

Reboot

3. Replaced 10.5.6 Gforce kexts with GForce/NVDAN kexts from 10.5.5 / 9f2114 (dated Nov 10 2008)

4. Install modified version of NVInject 0.2.1 marked "johnny carcinogen version"

(standard NVInject 0.2.1 did not render QE/CI)

5. Patched AppleVADriver.bundle to fix DVD Player

6. Repaired Permissions, update prebindings

Above tested and working on MY SYSTEM with XNUstage 9.4.0 and Voodoo 1.0 kernels (individually)

Hi, Quaront

Could you provide the files needed w/in your post?

EDIT: Thanks a lot to Quaront!!!

ipc10.5.6 or XxX 10.5.6+865G mobo +FX5200 AGP card(as pci) w/ NVkush complete package both work!!!

Hmmm I would like to see if this would work for a NVIDIA geforce go5200 32mb in toshiba m200

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0328

Revision ID: 0x00a1

It would be a game of replacing id's and NVCAP's yes?

If anyone could help me get QE/CI working I would love them forever

I'm going to make a easy tutorial and/or installer for this tablet if i can because they sell on ebay for 300 pounds and make great lil "touchbooks" as i call them

• 1 month later...