iTunes no memory error?

DavidD

3 posts in this topic

I've installed the 10.4.6 JaS release, and it works fantastic except for a few things. One of them that's been bugging me is that when I try to open iTunes (I updated it to 7.0.2. Is that a problem?), it gives an error message saying there is not enough memory to run it. I have a gigabyte of DDR PC32000 RAM, two 512MB sticks. I have a pentium 4 northwood, 3.2 GhZ with hyper-threading, a 256MB Ati Radeon 9550 AGP 8X card, and some other things that I don't think matter. On a side note, I noticed that the RAM is recognized as SDRAM rather than DDR RAM.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

David

I've installed the 10.4.6 JaS release, and it works fantastic except for a few things. One of them that's been bugging me is that when I try to open iTunes (I updated it to 7.0.2. Is that a problem?), it gives an error message saying there is not enough memory to run it. I have a gigabyte of DDR PC32000 RAM, two 512MB sticks. I have a pentium 4 northwood, 3.2 GhZ with hyper-threading, a 256MB Ati Radeon 9550 AGP 8X card, and some other things that I don't think matter. On a side note, I noticed that the RAM is recognized as SDRAM rather than DDR RAM.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,

David

You nee to upgrade to 10.4.8 with the latest kernel (provides SSE3 emulation). Perhaps you should wait for the next JaS release...