Jas Mac OS X 10.4.7

5 posts in this topic

Hey, I been trying to install the Mac OS X on my laptop but have come up short. I first tried to install the marklar-tiger.iso and got as far as formatting my hard drive but after that I couldnt boot. Now I'm using the hotiso-10.4.6.iso but cant get pass the install screen because after I type in "-v" I get a error message about PAE(which my cup doesnt have) and the wried thing is that I didnt get that error when I was using the marklar-tiger.iso which I don't understand. I tried patching the marklar-tiger.iso and had the same problems with it and with the hotiso-10.4.6.iso I patched it with the jas 10.4.6 patch(used this since everyone says the hotiso is the same as the jas iso), which didnt help at all. So do you guys have a idea on what I should try? Thank You....... Also I'm trying to install it using vwmare 5.5.3. I have a Dell Inspiron 600m(Intel M625 1.6mhz, 60gb Hard Drive, ATI 9000, 1gb ddr ram)...

P.S. Right now Im using the Jas 10.4.7 and having the same luck. Also I did edit the vmware file or the boot.ini and that didnt work.

I was able to get to the Mac OS X install screen once(couldn't format disk to mac format) but since then I have had no luck... I have always used Vmware.

Dell 600M

O/S: Windows XP Pro SP2

SCREEN: 14" LCD Screen

CPU: Intel Pentium M 725 1.6 GHz

MEMORY: 1024 MB DDR Memory

HDD: 60 GB 2.5" IDE HDD

ODD: NEC DVD-+RW ND-6650A

VIDEO: ATI Radeon M 9000

SOUND: C-Major Audio

LAN: Broadcom 440x 10/100mbps Ethernet

WiFi: Intel ® PRO/Wireless A/B/G (Built-in)

MODEM: Conexant D480 V.92 Modem