SMC programs

YaWhateva

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

First I just wanted to say that this seems like an amazing program and the fact that this allows for control of the fans speed in XP is amazing. I do have one question before I try to install it, however. On the OS X side of things, there are programs that can be used to change the fan speed such as smcFanControl and fancontrol. Would these have any effect IR's ability to control the fan speed? I only ask this because with smcFanControl, if you restart the computer and go into XP, the fan speed stays what it was in OS X. You have to completely shut down the computer in order to get the fan speeds to reset. Thanks.

Hi,

First I just wanted to say that this seems like an amazing program and the fact that this allows for control of the fans speed in XP is amazing. I do have one question before I try to install it, however. On the OS X side of things, there are programs that can be used to change the fan speed such as smcFanControl and fancontrol. Would these have any effect IR's ability to control the fan speed? I only ask this because with smcFanControl, if you restart the computer and go into XP, the fan speed stays what it was in OS X. You have to completely shut down the computer in order to get the fan speeds to reset. Thanks.

Not other than the speed will be reset to whatever is set in Input Remapper.