Decklink Blackmagic install

vitorfraga

26 posts in this topic

Well I`m looking for someone with experience in unix...apple frameworks and extension kexts to adapt the Decklink Driver to hackintosh...(I`m only a stupid user....I`m do not have programming skills...)

The Driver is universal already but it is designed to work with Mac Pro acording with Decklink suport.

So, if someone can help me ... please .... do it...

thks...

I would be very interested in this also! I have a normal PCI version of the Blackmagic card which has been used on a Windows PC. The problem is that Mac Pro has only PCI-express slots, so Blackmagic most probably has not made the drivers to work with normal PCI-version of the cards...

I would be very interested in this also! I have a normal PCI version of the Blackmagic card which has been used on a Windows PC. The problem is that Mac Pro has only PCI-express slots, so Blackmagic most probably has not made the drivers to work with normal PCI-version of the cards...

I think that is not the problem... since the universal Driver must works with the G5 models too.

I don`t now how the device id exactly is calling by the driver(I`m not a programmer)

How pcimatchname is loaded.... by the driver.

And I don`t now how macosx load drivers...framework.... and kexts, etc.

Maybe...there`s the EFI issue too.... which...can load the drivers in a pre-boot way.

well,

We need.... a little help....

Hello everyone,

There`s some hope... in the horizon...

The Blackmagic suport...told me..

``In the Mac Pro we prefer slot 4, but slot 3 has also been shown to work fine

as well. The biggest consideration is to make sure that whichever slot you

are using has enough PCI-express lanes assigned to it (you need 4 lanes for

our board).

You can get there by doing this:

Macintosh HD -> System -> Library -> Core Services -> Expansion Slot

Utility.

You should see at the very top a diagram that will effectively show you what

boards you have installed in your Mac currently. It will also show you a

lane configuration. If the board is not showing up here, then I would reseat

the board in the slot and reboot. If it still has a problem you should call

us to do some more troubleshooting. I could be that the board is defective.``

Well. as we can see.....we need the OSX... which come... with MacPro... since the Jas... version don`t has such utility....

Someone has a another... sollution??

thanks

• 1 month later...

Intel® Desktop Board D975XBX

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 BOX 2.66GHz, 1066FSB, 4Mb L2, EM64T, LGA775

256Mb <PCI-E> Sapphire X1900XT DDR3, VIVO, DualDVI, Full Retail

Kingston kvr667d2n5/1G*2

Seagate Barracuda ST3160212А---160G --- Windows

Baracuda ST3160811AS SATA-II 7200.9---160G --- MAC osx JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only

RocketRAID 2300= RAID0=ST3400633AS 400 GB + ST3400633AS 400 GB It is created in controller BIOS

DeckLink HD Pro PCI-E

M-AUDIO fast track

Two displays benq Q9W5

P.S. I simply receive from it pleasure :(

Edited by Macks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the Decklink (SD) PCI version and a GA-965P-DS4 mobo. Everythink works but the decklink is always detected as the first display. Do you have any Idea how I can change this?

My Graphics card is a MSI Geforce 7300 with MacOSX 10.4.8 & Natit Universal 1.0.

Thanks

rzufall

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have the Decklink (SD) PCI version and a GA-965P-DS4 mobo. Everythink works but the decklink is always detected as the first display. Do you have any Idea how I can change this?

My Graphics card is a MSI Geforce 7300 with MacOSX 10.4.8 & Natit Universal 1.0.

Thanks

rzufall

Well, since the Decklink driver already recognizes your board correctly, maybe you must just edit the info.plist of Decklink driver.

In the beginning of the file there´s a line where the desktop display is enable or disable. Change his status, is a true/false code. Maybe this works.

• 2 months later...

Hi, other than the P5W DH on board Raid0 I found that Thecus n2050 is using the exact same Silicon Image chipset:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16822102006

Raid0 as the boot drive works great on my Gigabyte DS3 with 10.4.9 + Final Cut Studio 2 :rolleyes:

This is the cheapest solution that boots from a raid0 drive I found so far. If you are building a brand new system, P5W DH works great.

cheers!

• 1 month later...
Intel® Desktop Board D975XBX

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 BOX 2.66GHz, 1066FSB, 4Mb L2, EM64T, LGA775

256Mb <PCI-E> Sapphire X1900XT DDR3, VIVO, DualDVI, Full Retail

Kingston kvr667d2n5/1G*2

Seagate Barracuda ST3160212А---160G --- Windows

Baracuda ST3160811AS SATA-II 7200.9---160G --- MAC osx JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only

RocketRAID 2300= RAID0=ST3400633AS 400 GB + ST3400633AS 400 GB It is created in controller BIOS

DeckLink HD Pro PCI-E

M-AUDIO fast track

Two displays benq Q9W5

P.S. I simply receive from it pleasure ;)

Hi

I like to build a uncompressed HD 1920*1080 DeckLink HD Pro PCI-E system for FX and editing with FC studio.

RocketRAID 2300 seems to be the Raid0 way to do... but with 2 drives? can you do some uncompressed HD?

what about Blackmagic Disk Speed Test results... what do you get?

Any thought to get a RocketRAID 2320 2340 to have 6 or 12 drives to crunch HD?

Also... you build your RAID with Browser-based RAID Management???... your Blackmagic captures (RAID) are they available in Windows and OS X ?

Thanks

Daniel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

I've just installed a Decklink PCI card and not getting much joy from it.

Here's what happens;

I plug it in and boot up - fine,

I install the drivers and boot up - it hangs at the login screen but before the login box appears and I have to restart. While is this state the reference monitor I've plugged in through a bnc cable goes from no signal to static and electric hum. So there is some signal going through.

I can boot up in safe mode and login but the card doesn't work at all. Although I can see the preference pane, all the options are greyed out. Also if I open any Blackmagic software it tells me I don't have the hardware installed.

If I uninstall the drivers and leave the card in it boots up normally and if I leave the drivers installed and take the card out it boots up normally.

Any ideas what I can do, any kext files I could make changes to? I have no experience of that but I could learn.

Anyone who has overcome problems with Decklink in the past? What did you do?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks

rzufall

Rzufall, did it work out of the box? What driver and OS version you running?

Hi,

I've just installed a Decklink PCI card and not getting much joy from it.

Here's what happens;

This is just a shot in the dark, but you notice rzufall is running Tiger. As posted earlier, the MacPros have no normal/old PCI slots anymore, so if you are using the older PCI version of Decklink I would guess you would have to use older Tiger-kexts and Decklink drivers. Have you tried this card while running Tiger?

Or get the PCIe version of Decklink.

good luck,

ninetto

This is just a shot in the dark, but you notice rzufall is running Tiger. As posted earlier, the MacPros have no normal/old PCI slots anymore, so if you are using the older PCI version of Decklink I would guess you would have to use older Tiger-kexts and Decklink drivers. Have you tried this card while running Tiger?

Or get the PCIe version of Decklink.

good luck,

ninetto

Thanks for the response Ninetto,

I haven't tried with Tiger, I'm only running Leopard. I'm just backing up my system drive now so I can try an install with the boot 132 that's just come out. (I have no idea whether that will make a difference but I wanted to try it out anyway so...). But once I've done that I'll install Tiger on another drive and give that a go.

Even so the card could work on a G5 or an older mac pro with PCI slots running Leopard so I don't think it would make a difference. Perhaps you can correct me on that?

The card I've brought is only available in PCI, it's the cheapest one, to get one with PCIe I've have to spend another £100/$200.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ca't say for the HD Extreme, but my oldfashioned Decklink Pro works like a charm.... since the drivers appear to the same, give it a try...

Thank you for answering my question!

But I think I'll give it a try after I find out their return policy.

It's 900 some dollars, so I'd really like to see if anyone has it and or using it on Hackint0sh before I buy it.

And furthermore...

I heard that this card, in Mac Pro, would show/or maybe manually configured in the "System Preferences" as another video card, and then be able to work with AVID Media Composer Software.

Just don't know if it does the same in Hackint0sh or not? Because I heard that Hackint0sh's system can only support ONE video card.

Thanks again.

Thomas

Well, it initializes as another display-card - which is somewhat annoying, since it claims to be the primary video card at first and you have to change that or hook up a monitor to reclaim your desktop. Try get a PCIe-Card, since the PCI only works continuously with 3 GB RAM or less - with PCIe this might be better.