NVidia fx5500 256MB FULLY WORKING!

Thico Alves

139 posts in this topic

The boot messages can be seen by going to Terminal and typing: sudo dmesg

The logs written during boot are system.log and console.log. Go to the Utilities folder and open Console. Click the Logs button in the toolbar. Click on system.log to read it and on console.log to read it.

well, "Graphics Mode" etc didnt work for me, and i also tried a different montor. both are crt. however im still not able to get 1152x864. any other ideas? if not, oh well, ill get an LCD at some point so i can go even higher.

thanks

gabe

P.S. anyone know why "about this mac" seems to always tell me i have twice as much RAM as i actually do? activity monitor shows the correct amount tho. and is "VM size" supposed to be 6 gb??? i never heard of that much vm for a machine with 640mb physical ram. thanks all!

Looks like everything loaded ok, until the titan driver started:

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

enabling INTEL features

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 252070 free pages

mig_table_max_displ = 71

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet" with older/same version (1.2.0 -> 1.2.0).

ACPI CA 20060421

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=1 Disabled

PASSED! ...maximum protection of commpage set ALL

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

AGP: Found Intel 82845G host to AGP bridge

Security auditing service present

BSM auditing present

disabled

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 642AFB3C-0E21-35DA-A7D7-BCC3C14D531D

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

USB caused wake event (EHCI)

FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1033 ID f2 PCI now active, GUID 00000000001c7b0c; max speed s400.

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xf000)

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH4 ATA/100 (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xf008)

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/ICHX@1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRIM@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD2500BB-55GUA0 Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3

BSD root: disk1s3, major 14, minor 4

Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no kernel dependency.

Jettisoning kernel linker.

Resetting IOCatalogue.

Matching service count = 2

Matching service count = 3

Matching service count = 5

NVDANV30HAL loaded and registered.

Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

NVDA::probe(display)

Titan: By omni, built November 4, 2006

Titan: Testing for NVidia card...

Titan: Found NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Titan: All set, cross your fingers!

NVDA::start(display) <1>

NVDA::start(display) <1> failed

AGP: Found an AGP 3.0 compliant device.

AGP: Aperture [fffffff0:00400000]

AGP: Setting 8X data rate

com_apple_driver_RTL8139: Ethernet address 00:10:dc:a1:81:25

AirPortPCI_MM: Ethernet address 00:12:17:74:65:63

(68: SystemStarter)tfp: failed on 0:

mediacenter2005:~ seanbperiod$

what's the next step?

the NVDAResman is failing... but it's not death, because QE/CI should still works without it loading properly. . . Strange, but I still guess that "the thing" is your kernel. Is your machine SSE3 capable?!? are you using some semthex kernel that emulate SSE3 on SSE2 machines?

ah, well ive been saying repeatedly that i'm using that kernel.. JaS and semthex said that the experimental version would work with titan.. so anyone with SSE2 using any 10.4.8 kernel cannot get titan or natit to work?

Well, you must look that with JaS and semthex... Maybe is not the kernel itself, but some missing SSE3 instruction that needs to be emulated. I don't have any ideas anymore, we had tried everything. Is too extrange that it still doesn't work, and you're the only one that doesn't work! That's why I'm saying that it can be SSE2 fault. Try asking Omni if his kext is compatible with the SSE3 emulated instructions on semthex kernel.

Has anyone gotten dual-monitors to work yet? I have managed to get QE/CI working with an AGP FX 5200 and AGP FX 5500, but I have not been able to get dual-monitors to work. Rock solid system using AMD SSE3 Test 1 on an opteron 64. The only hurdle that I have left is to figure out the dual monitor problem. If all else fails, I may just upgrade my video card.

Has anyone gotten dual-monitors to work yet? I have managed to get QE/CI working with an AGP FX 5200 and AGP FX 5500, but I have not been able to get dual-monitors to work. Rock solid system using AMD SSE3 Test 1 on an opteron 64. The only hurdle that I have left is to figure out the dual monitor problem. If all else fails, I may just upgrade my video card.

Did you try my installer?

unless both FX5200 and FX5500 worked with QE/CI?!? What's the DeviceID of your FX5200?!? I want to put it on the kexts, so the users should not need to change ID's and do that irritating thing. I think that the FX series are not able yet to get dual display on OSX... I will search for that and see what else I can do.

I have an eVGA FX5200 with a device id of 0x0321. Both cards are 128MB AGP cards. I was able to get QE/CI with both cards on a single monitor with no artefacts and full animation (cube, ripple, etc.).

Thanks for your help and effort on the script.

Edited by bighoffa

I have an eVGA FX5200 with a device id of 0x0321. Both cards are 128MB AGP cards. I was able to get QE/CI with both cards on a single monitor with no artefacts and full animation (cube, ripple, etc.).

Thanks for your help and effort on the script.

great! I will add this to the script! Is your FX5500 DeviceID 0x0326?!?

Hello!

Great Thanks Tico Alves for Your job. After installing 10.4.8 on Intel, video card was showing only 60 herz refresh rate, after Your drivers, now I can choose between display size and refresh rate, but anyways graphics seems a bit slowing, its not so fast rendering as in Windows, for example if You move objects on desktop. And second thing - water drop effect is not working (when You adding new widget on desktop there is like water drop splash). For example, on another PC with built in Intel graphic card, that effect was working right after installing.

On this computer I have Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 (ID 0326 + 10de).

So will try to install driver for FX5200 (with editing) that can be downloaded in this forum:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=nvidia+geforce

Hello!

Great Thanks Tico Alves for Your job. After installing 10.4.8 on Intel, video card was showing only 60 herz refresh rate, after Your drivers, now I can choose between display size and refresh rate, but anyways graphics seems a bit slowing, its not so fast rendering as in Windows, for example if You move objects on desktop. And second thing - water drop effect is not working (when You adding new widget on desktop there is like water drop splash). For example, on another PC with built in Intel graphic card, that effect was working right after installing.

On this computer I have Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 (ID 0326 + 10de).

So will try to install driver for FX5200 (with editing) that can be downloaded in this forum:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=nvidia+geforce

I can't understand... it should work great with FX5500, much better than FX5200. I would like to see your bootlog first to see if everything is loading properly. This driver should fix too the slowdowns because it must enable the QE/CI hardware acceleration. Go to About this Mac window and click on "More Info" button. It will open the system profiler. Click on Graphics Displays and tell me if with my package you got Core Image Supported and Quartz Extreme Supported. There you can find the the logs too. I want to see the system.log. Is your card 128MB or 256MB?!?

Hello Thico Alves!

The Profiler shows:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0326

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

So, as I coudnt boot, i did -f thing at startup and after that i did a IOATAAppleFamily replaced by IOVIAATA.. so hope that this is not a reason that something is not working. As I wrote, I can change resolutions and refresh rate.

And another thing - driver for 5200 on other forum thread was 11 mb big...

And thanks again for Your job that You doing!

Is there any install, or it could be done through terminal?

Hope that there is install, as I am like end-user.

Yes, QuartzSimple is an app. But again, QuartzSimple is for QE2D after you achieve QE and CI. You don't have QE and CI yet, so QE2D cannot be turned on.

When you are ready for it, QuartzSimple can be found in the QE2D link in my signature.