Darwin nForce4 ATA/SATA controller

Guest bikedude880

1,033 posts in this topic

first the problem needs 2 be figured out.. i can see no difference afaik in the ata bsd driver..

first the problem needs 2 be figured out.. i can see no difference afaik in the ata bsd driver..

Thanks for the info guys, I learned some new stuff today :hysterical: . Shame on companies for not making a standard SATA software and hardware interface.

aPpLeFrEaKpEePs: Perhaps you guys are looking in the wrong place. If the drive is the same, perhaps the handling of the driver by OSX and other corresponding drivers are what are conflicting. :wacko:

Hello there! I was wondering what could happend if i try to install OS X in a hardware sata raid...will this work?

Im on NF4 Ultra...

Thanks!

No, RAID needs another driver.

I have a RAID set for Windows XP, and Mac OS recognize each drive as separate, but since each drive hold the half information Mac OS does not know how to mount them.

Guest bikedude880
HOTO INSTALL DE NFORCE SATA, USING DE DARWIN NFORCE ATA SATA CONTROLLER????????????????????????????????????????

I DON´T FIND THE TUTORUAL.....

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Please don't spam this thread with useless {censored}. Caps are not cool. :pirate2:

http://www.koders.com/c/fid6375D6125FED8DF...9071ECC149.aspx

Link to viaide.c .. cant see any difference myself between nf4 and mcp51 sata.. if u guys can find something.. pls check out

Hi y'all,

Firstly I have to send praise in the direction of bikedude880 and MeDevil, thanks for making OS X on my PC possible. I got a bit disheartened after I downloaded and burned my first OS X x86 ISO, only to find that my SATA drive wasn't happening upon boot.

I'm currently downloading the 10.4.8 tubgirl image with the hope of patching it with myzar's ppf so I can boot off the DVD and install.

My question is: is there a ppf for the latest 10.4.8 JaS release? Or should I just go ahead with the tubgirl release? More to the point, how do I get a 10.4.8 DVD which will support the NForce4 kext for install?

Cheers, and keep up the good work.

no ppf till now for Jas AFAIK.. use tubgirl.. its a nice release

PS: Yay!!! I am a geek now

Edited by aPpLeFrEaKpEePs

Yea nullobject,

just use the Tubgirl one. I sent Jas a PM a couple days ago because I had only his Dvd, but the tubgirl dvd is well seeded and will come down fast. I just downloaded it and patched it with the ppf and my install is in business.

anyone noticed any change in the viaide.c driver between nf430 SATA and vanilla nf4 SATA write??

I just wanted to say this is impressive, using the TubGirl release it recognizes all my SATA drives, it will even start installing to one of them, but crashes during the installation. Not complaining though, moved some stuff off the IDE i had in the computer and am going to install to that instead. This is great work, you should be very proud of this.

anyone noticed any change in the viaide.c driver between nf430 SATA and vanilla nf4 SATA write??

Not sure exactly what i'm supposed to be looking at. But there's no difference between how all the SATA chipsets are mapped. I can't see anything in that file about writing to disks.

Very big thanks to bikedude and medevil to get nforce4sata working.

And for me it's better than that because i tried a lot of things 3 weeks ago before i live for holidays

and had serious corrupt data on my sata disk.

Today was just able to repair it with disk utility, plaese find the log attach for info.

What i am running :

- mobo A8N-E with AMD64 X2 3800, ATI X1600, 3x ATA, 1x SATA disks.

- OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3.iso updated with OSX_1048_AMD_SSE3_PPF2, amd_1048_new.txt applied

- SecUpd2006-007Intel.pkg with secupd.txt applied

console.log.txt

Noob here, so please don't flame...

If I patch a Jas Image to include this kext, will the installer be able to install OSX to a sata hdd?

I don'ts think so, but it'd nice if I could...

Assuming your chipset works (currently) and you patch it right, then yes.

I've searched around the :( to no avail. Nothing for myzar and no ppf's. What am i missing?

joneSi

EDIT: Looks like I posted prematurely, the link to the PPF for TubGirl image is on page 15 of this thread. I already have TubGirls image, will report back here later.

Edited by joneSi