[How To] Solutions for Keyboards, Trackpads & Mice

Rammjet

117 posts in this topic

Im actually running a mac keyboard with my DellMac, and lately (since installing the CPU throttler prog) Im unable to use the volume up and down and mute keys on the keyboard or on the front of the DellMac...the DVD Drive eject button still works but thats it.

Any ideas how to get it back up and running??

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Heres one for your guide.I installed with case sensitive journaled option. My keyboard and trackpad would not work. Plugins is mispelled in ApplePS2Controler.kext. It should be PlugIns with a capital I

Don

Thanx for figuring this out/noticing the type! I installed from Mac OS X 10.4.8 JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso and I had the same problem. I was able to quickly fix it thanx to your post.

Thank you! :)

Hello all just want to share my 2 bits experience with Leopard on an external over 10.4.9 Uphuck.

1) No Boot loading problem b/c installed over 10.4.9.

2) Better graphic compared to Tiger. Hold this thought.

3) XPS1210M thread for Ethernet still valid.

4) Audio work except the patch should be v 1.5 with same old dump.

Still not working:

1) Wireless Card.

2) Card reader.

Problem:

1) Control of trackpads.

"Solution REMOVE Natit.kext and solve problem!!" No more res. more tham1024x768. Small price. <_< I have tried every flavour of Natit.kext, NO GO! Cost me reinstall x 6. Told you to hold that thought.

Otherwise Leopard is definitely a better OS than previous ones.

Cheer

Portable mac OS X Leo_Patched ( Brazil et Al ) on a Seagate 120GB x 5400rpm

XPS 1210M C2D 1.83, 2 GB Vista, Ultimate.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running Leopard 10.5, Flat Image, and only one thing doesn't work: my Genius USB Keyboard. It detects it, as like it knows there's something plugged in, but no keystroke registers at all, and the lights for CAPS and stuff never turn on or off. I am lucky enough to have an old G3 Keyboard here which works like a charm, but I'd like to have only ONE keyboard on this PC :P Any ideas?

Hi,

I have both keyboard and mouse with PS/2 connector. I'm running Leopard 10.5.1, and only the keyboard works. I'm nearly desperated with mouse. If someone could throw some light to my problem, it would be appreciated.

Regards.

During the installation both Touchpad and Keyboard worked fine!

Now in Leopard I cant use either Touchpad nore Keyboard!

Bluetooth/usb -keyboard and mouse works fine!

Can anybody help?

I use a Dell Vostro 1700

The Natit.kext in the Extension folder is the culprit. Took me awhile to figure out. Do this and you will get both back.

Go to terminal. Sign in root:

Sudo -s

"pass word"

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

reboot

enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Tiger 10.4.1, Deadmoo's image. I know its pretty old, so does my PC. But thats what i've been downloading all time and won't bother to download another one.

My keyboard's not working because it's a PS/2. I need to patch it with Maxxuss patch. I've found the patch but i need an input device to work with.

The mouse could work, but it couldn't serve as the enter key.

I tried Virtual Keyboards but it won't work, like Itunes. I've even tried the Widget Virtual Keyboard, same thing.

I've even tried installing the .kext files, it turns out that it was already built in.

To replace it, i need to type the password, to do that, i need keyboard.

I've even bought a PS/2 to USB converter, OSX found the keyboard, told me to press the key to the right of the Shift key, which was probably Z, but i've wait 'bout 3 minutes nothing changes.

Anybody has any more ideas? Because my head is gonna blow just to figure this out. And I'm not gonna buy a new keyboard just for this. I just bought this one recently.

One of the little advantages of old Mac OS X is that they are more compatible with VMware, try to run with VMware, and since you have the Deadmoo Image you can put it directly on VMWare, patch it and the transfer it to your hard Disk.

More Ideas? Yes, an USB Keyboard, a PS2 Mouse, a friend with a different PC, Mac Drive to put your files from Windows, read more solutions on the forum.

I found a way to patch the Maxxuss patch. Now, i'd like to know how to install .kext files "properly".

Everytime I replace the original ApplePS2Controller.kext file and restart, three pop-ups came in,

"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Mouse.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

But the keyboard worked. When I restart it again, the keyboard won't work. And only the first message poped-up.

Anyone can help me again?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm using the Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 install and I have followed the steps here for using a ps/2 keyboard with a usb mouse, but I still need to have a ps/2 mouse plugged in for me to be able to use my ps/2 keyboard.

Is there anything else I can do in order to get my ps/2 keyboard working without needing a ps/2 mouse plugged in?

I'm using the Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 install and I have followed the steps here for using a ps/2 keyboard with a usb mouse, but I still need to have a ps/2 mouse plugged in for me to be able to use my ps/2 keyboard.

Is there anything else I can do in order to get my ps/2 keyboard working without needing a ps/2 mouse plugged in?

same problem for me, tried 3 different ApplePS2Controller.kext and about a 100 different methods, the PS2 Keyboard just doesn't work. ;)

I have tried 3 methods:

1)disable the trackpad and ps2mouse

2) the Enhanced Apple PS/2 driver

3) the Hacked Apple PS/2 driver

None of them work

The weird thing is that when I used the Enhanced Apple PS/2 driver, the system booted, the GUI loaded, and I got a messagebox saying that the kext was not installed correctly and it can't be used. This is how I copied it: booted in "-s" mode, copied it to "/system/library/extensions", chown-ed and chmod-ed it, and deleted the extensions.mkext file. If this is not the correct method, what is the correct method to install it?

• 2 weeks later...

"Heres one for your guide.I installed with case sensitive journaled option. My keyboard and trackpad would not work. Plugins is mispelled in ApplePS2Controler.kext. It should be PlugIns with a capital I

Don"

THIS is a lifesaver for all with the Mac OS X 10.4.8 JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso release!

TRY THIS FIRST if your PS/2 keyboard doesnt work!

Please help me.I have such a problem.I inatalled macOs 10.5.1.But after rebooting I see massage "Before you start", where I choose my type of keyboard-it`s Ok. But when it suggest me to transfer data from image or another Mac, I select "don`t transfer", and all begins again-it suggest me choose type of keyboard.How can I fix it?