Natit for Nvidia with dual display

bofors

161 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a P4 running 10.5.5 with the Munky Method and all I had to do was to edit the NVCAP value in Natit to

04000000 00000100 02000000 00000000 00000000

And I have dual displays working with QE/CI and rotation enabled.

Thanks!!!

Dual Display is now working with my 7300GS card!!!!

It is a bit of a nightmare to find all the info you need to make this happen and it took me a while so i thought i would post up how i did it.

Ok so basically after trying every option i could I found a post with a pre-made NVCAP string for the 7300GS and I grabbed a copy of Natit Dual 0.2.

Search in google and a download will be there somewhere. I opened up the Natit Kext by clicking on show package contents and edited the Info.Plist with Text editor and copied this string in place of the existing NVCAP value: BAAAAAAACQAOAAAAAAAABwAAAAA= then saved and dropped the Kext into Kexthelper. Entered my password and let Kexthelper do its thing. It repairs permissions etc for you so no Terminal stuff if your a noob.

Re-booted, adjusted the resolutions and cailbrated each monitor. DONE!

The NVCAP string in the Info.Plist will look something like this:

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAACQAOAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

</data>

If you dont change the NVCAP string it wont work trust me! The string is specific to 7300GS only so dont try it with another card it could cause major problems.

Out of interest this is the NVCAP string for 7300GT

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

</data>

Currently have it working with a 22" Samsung and a 19" Philips but im now off to buy a 2nd 22" Samsung! Will be great for Logic Audio thats for sure.

I hope this helps someone who was in the same boat as me. If you have a different Graphics card just try searching for the NVCAP in google.

Happy dual screening :D

PS: If you muck it all up and it wont boot try -X -V at bootloader and boot into safe mode, that way you can have another go.

I´ve been running two 7300gs video cards in my hack (possible to run 4 monitors) for months now using an Nvinject.kext I edited a bit. All is enabled, got the kext uploaded to a thread in hardware/graphics cards if you search for my threads.

Check out the video

http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/ww249/s...rrent=Film3.flv

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=145228

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think in order to use a Nvidia card for Physx, you need to install the graphics Forceware drivers too. So in short, you cant mix them unfortunately. I too also want to do this because I have a spare 640MB 8800GTS lying around.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I NEED TO USE DVI PORT

I used all known ways;

1. GFX String way on aquamac site seem {censored} cause you need leopard to write right gfx string to use on snow. Why do i need to install 2 operating systems to use this card.

2. Graphics Enabler works on only vga and and no qe/cl.

Then i use the DSDT fix in DSDT se and now on System profiler, everything seems ok, but i still cant use dvi port. I can open iMovie but nothing written about Quartz Extreme support on System Profiler..

When i try to see Quartz Extreme status on OsX86 Tools, i see an error like this:

”Can’t make "The domain/default pair of (com.apple.windowserver, QuartzGLEnabled) does not exist" into type boolean. (-1700)”

Theres 3 output on graphic card: VGA, DVI, HDMI..

I can only use VGA

My hardware: P5W DH Deluxe, E8200, Mushkin PC6400, ZOTAC ECO GTS 250 1024 MB

My Software: Snow Leopard 10.6.3 updated from 10.6 with original Kernel

Extra: fakesmc, DSDT, USBkext.

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCIEX1_2

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0615

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 3386a

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Hardware Info:

04:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0615] (rev a2)

Please help about DVI port. Anyone has an advice for me?

• 1 month later...
It seems that a number of Nvidia users have had problems running dual displays with the newer versions of Natit. Although I did not try all of them, I had problems too, my second display was sideways and without the mouse cursor.

Natit v0.02 works for dual displays on many Nvidia systems and it is what I am using. I am also re-posting Natit v0.01, which should work for VGA/DVI Nvidia cards, for people who have problems with v0.02 and want to try something else.

However, v0.01 and v0.02 are very similiar, v0.02 merely adds the "@0,NVMT" key and value. For more information on these key-values pairs and how these dual display versions of Natit for Nvidia was developed, see these threads:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31833

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32536

Now for people who have problems, here are two general suggestions:

A. Make sure you are using a clean install of 10.4.8. People who upgrade to 10.4.8 (or mess with the Nvidia kexts) often have problems.

B. Make sure you follow these instructions (specifically removing the .kextcache and .mkext) when installing Natit (again, these instructions and the original idea of Natit are credited to Omni).

(1) Put the Natit kext in your /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. 

(2) Correct the file premissions: 

sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext; sudo chmod -R 755 Natit.kext 

(3) Remove the cached and packed extensions: 

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache 

(4) Reboot.

UPDATE: Natit for dual display works with Leopard (10.5) too.

• 4 months later...

dual display problem with natit.kext

with natit.kext v0.01 it recognize graphics card

NVIDIA GeForce 6600:

Chipset Model: GeForce 6600

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0141

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Not recognize de second display (have DVI/VGA adapter)

and with natit.kext v0.02 not recognize graphics card Low resolution

but with this natit.kext v0.2 have the two displays working as a mirror, the same image, and can´t change as extended desktop.

What can i do to get working the dual display as an extended desktop and recognize the graphics card.

Thanks from Quito_Ecuador

• 3 years later...