GMA X3000

bptba93

24 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

it's not supported yet by apple. Most anticipate that when the next generation of macbooks are released they will have upgraded the graphics from the GMA950 up to the x3000. All I can say is be patient because it should be coming in the next few months (possibly WWDC this summer). I know this doesn't really help you with your problem but might give you a time frame to expect a solution

• 1 month later...
I haven't seen what extensions the 10.4.10 update comes with but I've heard that it will include full 965 support, which presumably will mean X3000 support as well. There's a very good chance Apple will release Macbooks with x3000 soon.

wait till next revision.. i bet it's another 6month time :thumbsup_anim:

• 4 months later...

So they have now released the new MacBooks with the X3100 (mobile version of X3000) and Leopard. Can any one confirm if the X3000 is working on any boards running an osx86 Leopard?

e.g. the following Gigabyte boards:

GA-965G-DS3

GA-965G-DS4

GA-965GM-DS2

GA-965GM-S2

Comparison sheet (2 pages)

http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherbo...,2393,2414,2617

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bump

I have a P5B board, running with EFI and so far have had no luck. What I've tried:

Paulicat's Natit, tried 3 different versions with very crude hacks/tweaks. All 3 had the info.plist updated from the X3100 to the X3000 Device ID (8086,27A2 I think)

-One with the Info.plist hacked only

-One with the Info.plist hacked, and devid for the X3100 -> X3000 in the Natit binary

-One with the Info.plist hacked, and devid for the X3100 -> X3000 and the string "X3100" -> "X3000" in the Natit binary

I changed the device ID in the X3100FB.kext (the only place I could find the PCI device ID specified).

They all loaded, but I didn't get any supported resolutions or QE/CI. Graphics always shows "No kext loaded".

My next step is to try sticking the gfx string for X31000 in the boot.plist as specified by the PC_EFI instructions, to see if that might work.

Sorry that I have no good news, but I thought some other people might have some input for other suggestions that I might try, or at least know what doesn't work.

i think i'm just going to get a p35 board and a compatible pci-e graphics card. i am sick of the 945 chipset and upgrade limits on the processor.. was considering the 965, but looks like i'll just settle for a p35 and dedicated graphics. i only use the computer mainly for software testing when i'm bored, pidgin, myspaceim, outlook/pocketpcsyncing, 12-15 web tabs/windows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...