Replacing My 3G iPod

REVENGE

5 posts in this topic

Well, my 3 year old 3G 15GB iPod is getting a bit old for me [gynormously scratched, original battery *shudder*, etc.], so I think I'm going to sell it to my friend for $65 who just wants it as a harddrive for his car which has a head unit that can interface with iPods. After this, I'm considering replacing it with the following 3 choices: iPod 5.5 [or better if something gets released before end of this year], Zune, or Toshiba Gigabeat S. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Please stick at around the $200 mark.

Id go with a Zune, or wait till next year

A disturbing moment in InsanelyMac history.

Anyway, I would go with a iPod Nano if you just want Music, or if you don't care about the display you can get a shuffle. But if you want movies I'd go with the iPod 30GB, as I think 80GB is a little big unless your a huge movie fan. Don't buy a zune though, at the same price why not just get an iPod.

Heh. No comments about the Gigabeat S eh? Supposedly, it wipes the slate with players at the $200-$300 range. I also considered the Zen Vision M, but I'd rather honestly go iPod since I wouldn't really wanna watch video on something like that anyways.

Also, I heard a rumor that 6G iPod might be released for Christmas. In that case, I'll make a decision by year's end.