I want to BUY OsX 10.4.8 for my PC Which one to buy?

12 posts in this topic

I have heard a ton about how to install this Mac OSX on my PC, but NO info on actually which install disks to get. I intend to buy my osX from ebay, but I don't know which one to buy. I have been looking at this one, for instance:

http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-TIGER-10-4-8-iLI...tem320061355532

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Mac-OS-X-10-4-Ti...tem260064817047

I want to get the family pack, so I can install on more than one machine.

That leads me to the next question.. Will the software register?

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but I fail to find them on the site. Which leads me to believe that you have to download the software, and you can't talk about doing that in the forum due to the illegality of it.

Oh, yea.. what is JAS?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Thank you.

Martinav...

Essentially, running OS X on your beige box PC is illegal. You can't buy an official 10.4.x Install DVD of eBay and use it on your PC. Instead, you'll have to download it from *somewhere* on the internet (Which is, as you guessed, illegal).

And JaS is the excellent member of the Mac community who has worked tirelessly to make a number of these previously mentioned install DVD's floating around the internet. They're incredibly easy for new users to download, burn, and install, as long as your PC meets some of the basic requirements (which can be found around the forum).

And if you have any more questions/problems, make sure to post in the appropriate forum!

Mr Bond,

Thank you for reading my question, and answering it appropriately, unlike the other user who is too busy poking fun at me for actually attempting to find a LEGAL avenue to do this... I suppose he didn't understand that is what I was trying to do becuase it is out of his character to do such a thing.

Regardless, this clears up what I was needing to know. If I want a Mac, I'll just go and buy a Mac.

Thanks!

martinav

Guest bikedude880

He wasn't poking fun of you. There is no legal way to do what you want at all. If you want legal, go out and buy a Mac.

EDIT: I do believe he understood it perfectly. There have been a couple others before yourself who have asked this same exact question.

Yes thats what i meant, and if it cam across as me poking fun at you, then dems the brakes, There have been countless other people who have asked the same question, and if you just bothered to look you would have found out really easily (Its a sticky) that it is not legal and some bad bad bad evil torrent sites have torrents for the dvd's.

Sorry if i came across as rude and a big bully, but serioulsy its just daft not even to look and then to take offence when somebody else gets a bit peeved at you.

I understand what you meant, i own 3 macs all of them legally purchased, so i understand your intention to do it "legally"

Well, although buying an OS X disk doesn't make our actions "legal" it might help some of us feel maybe a bit more legal than before.

I mean, if I used by OS X installation full time, I'd consider purchasing the software just to thank the developers for one great OS (I mean, I just forked over $110 for XP, why not for OS X).

Mr Bond,

Thank you for reading my question, and answering it appropriately, unlike the other user who is too busy poking fun at me for actually attempting to find a LEGAL avenue to do this... I suppose he didn't understand that is what I was trying to do becuase it is out of his character to do such a thing.

Regardless, this clears up what I was needing to know. If I want a Mac, I'll just go and buy a Mac.

Thanks!

martinav

lmao, well, have fun buying a real mac :) its the only legal way, but that begs the question... whos gonna know?

Well, although buying an OS X disk doesn't make our actions "legal" it might help some of us feel maybe a bit more legal than before.

My opinion: the day we'll be able to buy OS X (next year, Leopard?) we won't be stealing any longer, but just in breach of EULA. A big difference, which theoretically could mean the difference between a prison sentence and a lawsuit (and even that very unlikely).