x1650 agp and pcie

modbin

167 posts in this topic

Does anyone have this for 71c2 x1600 512mb? I can't get mine to work at all!

I have same problems with my ATI X1600 Pro PCIe video card.

I'm running iPC OSx86 10.5.6.

Here is system info:

DELL Dimension 9200 with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ CPU and 2 GB RAM, Intel 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection and Sigmatel 9227 audio codec. Video card - ATI X1600 PRO with 512MB RAM

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Support

If I installing drivers which came with iPC OSx86 DVD - system hang up.

I have a problem that I can't seem to find an answer to on any of the forums. I'm really hoping some of the geniuses on this site can help me. I am a PC tech, but mac is just WAY off my charts. All my system info, if you need any of it, is at the end of my post.

I have installed iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) on my PC and almost everything works fine. I have run into 3 questions and I'm hoping somebody on these forums can help me. Each question gets easier than the last, lol.

Question 1: I have a Sapphire x1650 Pro PCIE video card (71c6) and I'm running into some problems involving my monitor. My normal OS is Vista x64 and I use a 52" DLP TV as my monitor. It's hooked up using the DVI port with a DVI to HDMI converter. On the Vista side there are resolutions that are supported by my TV and the ATI drivers even have specific information regarding using a TV as a monitor. The supported resolutions are 1280x720@60hz and 1152x648@60hz (widescreen) and those don't even show up on ths list on the mac side.

What confuses me is during install (as a second monitor [cloned] or as the only monitor) it shows up fine on my TV, but after it's done, it gets to the mac logo, then goes to a blue screen saying there is no signal. If (while its saying no signal) I plug in another monitor, it's loaded fine, just not showing on the TV. I figure after install it's going to a resolution not supported by my TV, but what resolution is it using during install, .. and what frequency? Either way, I've tried installing it with only the TV hooked up, installing with a monitor, changing the res, then plugging in the TV, everything. I even tried a custom res program called something like "screen resX", .. but that wanted things so precise that I got lost, .. like the frequencies were specific, .. instead of 60, 75, and 85hz, it had like 63.427 and asked for things like "front porch" and "back porch". Even then, it still wouldn't work. I don't know much about mac anyways, (just that everytime I use one its a hundred times faster, smoother and better in almost every way than my PC) but I can't even see or find a way to make a dual screen, .. its like the TV isn't there, whether plugged into the DVI OR the component. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Question 2: I have front ports for my audio, but on the mac side only the front ports work. I don't know if this is normal or what. The front ports work fine, but in Vista I have my speakers hooked up through the back ports and I run a mic through the front port. If anyone knows what's causing this, any help would be appreciated.

Question 3: I have looked for this topic, but can't find a good answer (or one that I understand). I'm no idiot, but if it gets TOO techy (especially on the mac side) I'll get lost. Every time I install OSx86 on my comp I can't load Vista anymore. It gets errors and I end up re-installing it. I have to unplug the Vista HDD's and only have one HDD or the other plugged in, in order to have both OS's on my comp. If somebody can direct me to a good guide on how to dual boot this, it would be awesome.

Thanks for any help.

System Info:

Vista Ultimate x64 / iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6)

AMD 3800+

2Gb Dual Channel RAM

ATI Sapphire x1650 Pro 512Mb PCIE (71c6) / VGA, Component with a little adapter, and DVI outputs

MSI NForce 4 chipset

AC97 Audio

• 1 month later...
Just update to 10.5.6 - got QE & Rotation supported.

zip.gif ATI_Radeon_X1650_Pro_512____71c7____OSX86_10.5.6.zip ( 1.99MB )

Copy & replace files in /System/Library/Extensions/ use Extensions-Repair.app in zip to repair permitions, reboot.

need to send BIG REGARDS to Modbis, Kozlowski, Blackb and many more who showed me how to do this.

Got 1 Q? does any body can wake from sleep? It seems to work for me, but monitor stays off. Will this be a problem with my graphic card drivers? Please send me msg. THANKS

Fixed, just plug monitor to the 2. port. everything working now. Merry christmazzzzzzz.

Thanks for the files! Finally got my X1650 Pro (71c7) to work after trying numerous times with different kexts.

I'm using same display card as yours.

Are you sure that you can watch video and using Open GL application softwares after enabled hardware CI/QE functions ? Because I had similar problems as chico_stang and Djay who posted aboe this.

Yes, Cinebench runs perfectly.

Note : I'm using Jas Tiger 10.4.8 :(

For / tested Mac OS X 10.5.5 (Build 9F29) !!!! only for Device ID 0x71c6

Tested with MSI RX1650 Pro 256MB DDR2 PCIe !

No Installer version!! Manual installed the .kext!

Based on modbin´s 10.5.3/4 - 9.3.0/9.4.0 Driver!

SRY for my English!^^

Does it works on 10.5.6 ??

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks,

i have now had the time to check where the problem lies. graphics board or motherboard. It's the motherboard. The board i checked back with is i915p-based (my mums pc).

That means: modbin's installer works like a charm with the PCIe-Version of the X1650Pro Card (in my case manufactured by MSI).

The problem seems to lie in the VIA-based mainboard...

You can renamen the thread to x1650agp/pcie.

Will now have to find the problem with the VIA-chipset PCIe!?

Or could it be the TFT-Screen? (I connected it with the same DVI-to-VGA-connector that i used on the other pc with it's CRT).

Edit: I took the working CRT-monitor over to my desk and hooked it up to my pc (see signature). Ran the x1650-installer. Rebooted and it worked. Then i took away the CRT and put on the TFT (with the running system) and it recognized the monitor-resolutions (a lot less than the CRT offers). Perfect.

Then i rebootet with the TFT-monitor connected. Back to my picture with only colourful stripes. Seems that my monitor is not appreciated on start...

Tried already another TFT-monitor. Didn't help it.

Sorry for spamming the thread more or less. But i'm hunting the solution. Seems to be out of reach for me. Perhaps somebody else will find my results helpful (for not having to find out everything by himself).

Greets

marcian

-Edit the following values of ATIinject.kexts Info.plist:

<key>ATY,DeviceID</key>

<integer>0x71c5</integer> <---this is for X1600 edit to mach yours!

<key>ATY,VRAM,MemSize</key>

<integer>0x100</integer> <--- Size of VRAM, here 256MB (512MB is 0x200; 128MB is 0x80; 64MB 0x40;) You can also try to remove this entry!

<key>ATY,FrameBufferOffset</key>

<integer>0x00000080</integer> <--- edit this to half of the value above (if card is 512MB set it to 0x100)

<key>ATY,IOSpaceOffset</key>

<integer>0x00300000</integer> <--- don't know about that! try and play! You can also try to remove this entry!

now remove ATINDRV.kext and insert ideneb v1.4 install dvd open it with pacifist look for X1900 then just copy ATINDRV.kext from there to your /system/Library/Extensions run diskutility to repair Extensions it got CI/QE running :D;)

• 3 weeks later...
-Edit the following values of ATIinject.kexts Info.plist:

<key>ATY,DeviceID</key>

<integer>0x71c5</integer> <---this is for X1600 edit to mach yours!

<key>ATY,VRAM,MemSize</key>

<integer>0x100</integer> <--- Size of VRAM, here 256MB (512MB is 0x200; 128MB is 0x80; 64MB 0x40;) You can also try to remove this entry!

<key>ATY,FrameBufferOffset</key>

<integer>0x00000080</integer> <--- edit this to half of the value above (if card is 512MB set it to 0x100)

<key>ATY,IOSpaceOffset</key>

<integer>0x00300000</integer> <--- don't know about that! try and play! You can also try to remove this entry!

now remove ATINDRV.kext and insert ideneb v1.4 install dvd open it with pacifist look for X1900 then just copy ATINDRV.kext from there to your /system/Library/Extensions run diskutility to repair Extensions it got CI/QE running ;):)

I think i removed the ATIinject.kext from my installation, and it seems you need the ATIinject.kext from the version of MacOS that is installed. I have installed the Retail Leopard 10.5.6, where can i find my original ATIinject?

I have everything working except that i can get the DVI working and cant get the 1920 x 1200 resolution properly. I guess the ATIinject magic is the only thing left.

Neo

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there!

I installed the modbin's package for OS 10.5.2...

Everything seems to be OK (QE, Rotation, etc.), but except one thing: I have two monitors and they're showing the same image (like "mirrors").

In SYSTEM PREFERENCES >> DISPLAYS, the option "Arrangement" isn't there... I try clicking on "Detect Displays", but nothing happens.

How can I fix this (if there's any fix...)???

My config: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, CORE2DUO 2.4, ATI RADEON X1650 PRO 256mb (PCIe) devide id 0x71c6

Thanks and sorry for the bad english!

Wow exactly same configuration as mine except that my card is 0x71c7.

I got everything working except DVI and dual monitor. Also the 1920x1200 resolution is coming up weird, its as if my 24" does not have enough real estate on the screen to show it all. Only 755 on the image is visible the rest 25% is hidden on the right side.

!600x1200 works perfectly and i can live with that.

I believe to get the DVI working i need to work with ATIinject but i have not been able to get the right combination in there.

Also the audio on the board is working perfectly, but on the only you set it to internal speakers. I believe the headphones, line out and line in are not working.

Let me know if you have had success with your setup.

Neo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...