x1650 agp and pcie

modbin

167 posts in this topic

blackb Success mate ^_^

I followed your method and made a fix that enables everything (QE/CI/Rotation), even though I had to replace more than 20 entries of 0x71C0 hehehe.

You should also check it out, because you wanted to fix your Resolution, I explain how it is done.

Anyway here's the solution link.

Thanks again for the big help.

i also have gecube x1650 pcie(cx71c7).i just hexedit atiradeonx1000.kext and now i got qe/cl but canot change resolution only 1024x768.and sometimes there is mouse artifact(have'nt tried dvitovga adapter only use dvi) and dont have solution yet

Sorry for my poor English

But I still cannot get my Gigabyte X1650 pcie(0x71c7) work with QE/CI... :tomato:

Can you help me?

Sorry for my poor English

But I still cannot get my Gigabyte X1650 pcie(0x71c7) work with QE/CI... :pirate2:

Can you help me?

He explained the method in his post/reply to me.

Just take a look.

My ASUS 1650 works fine over VGA but I can't get DVI output. I'm not interested in an adapter situation (I don't think it's working now anyway) I just want to connect my DVI monitor via DVI. Does anyone here have it working?

I have a Sapphire radeon x1650xt id: 7291, chipset R560, anyone knows how to hexedit the files to make it work with QE + CI ?

I tried to edit the files in the same way as others guy in this forum did, changed c6 71 with 91 72, but the system hangs on reboot.

The system is working well without QE and CI (I can change resolution)

Any help will be appreciated,

Giuseppe

I have a Sapphire radeon x1650xt id: 7291, chipset R560, anyone knows how to hexedit the files to make it work with QE + CI ?

I tried to edit the files in the same way as others guy in this forum did, changed c6 71 with 91 72, but the system hangs on reboot.

The system is working well without QE and CI (I can change resolution)

Any help will be appreciated,

Giuseppe

I posted some instructions on this thread (3rd post), hopefully you can make it work. Here's the link: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry379397

Thanks for your advice but I already tried that and is not working.

Besides that I have doubts about changing all the occurrence of the id, as there is very high probability that you change also parts of the file that is not referencing to the id of the board but to something different (strings, pointer or in the worst case cpu instructions).

If the 16bit numbers inside a files were random (they aren't but for simplicity we can assume they are) we'll have 1/65536 as the probability that a number in a particular position will match with our id, so if the files are big enough we have high probability to have our id number at random positions. Besides that I believe that we should change only the numbers stored on 2-bytes boundary as Intel CPU access 16-bit numbers in that way.

Maybe there is a way to know exactly what portion of the files contains the board id.

Thanks anyway,

Giuseppe

Thanks for your advice but I already tried that and is not working.

Besides that I have doubts about changing all the occurrence of the id, as there is very high probability that you change also parts of the file that is not referencing to the id of the board but to something different (strings, pointer or in the worst case cpu instructions).

If the 16bit numbers inside a files were random (they aren't but for simplicity we can assume they are) we'll have 1/65536 as the probability that a number in a particular position will match with our id, so if the files are big enough we have high probability to have our id number at random positions. Besides that I believe that we should change only the numbers stored on 2-bytes boundary as Intel CPU access 16-bit numbers in that way.

Maybe there is a way to know exactly what portion of the files contains the board id.

Thanks anyway,

Giuseppe

Your point is very logical and I was prepared for something like this to happen on my own system. But check this out, my card has everything enabled (QE/CI/Rotation), no Mouse Artifacts, and I tested through: DVD Player, All the Screensavers, Need For Speed Most Wanted (using Cider), Richard Burns Rally (using Cider), Tetris Zone, etc. Not a single graphic glitch.

All these are applications that require acceleration.

No flaws... so I guess all the ID's I refer to change are truly references to Device ID's.

Good luck anyway :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi tnx all! my PCIe WORK.

Problem with monitor Samsung SincMaster 225BW not work at 1680*1050... Work only at 1600*1200 !!

modbin driver installed and DVI to VGA adaptor for x1650pro SAPPHIRE pciE 256mb Gddr3

You have a solution? For driver MONITOR or change manually resolution, whit is driver video card?

Hi, had the same problem with my LG 20.1" but worked out to be the over DVI plug on the x1650...

So try to switch the plug to the over port.

• 2 weeks later...

kozlowski, i've the same problem as carlone99 with the same card sapphire x1650xt id 7291..

any chance of its about the version of driver? cause in your file in some point you say *every* and i find just 1 match to the search..

i'll try one more time and go bed :lol:

WORKING ON:

Sapphire Technology Radeon X1650Pro 512MB DDR2 PCIE Dual DVI

PROBLEMS OVERCOME:

Black screen on boot (after the Apple logo and Spinner)

Solution to this is change to the second DVI port!

THANKS!

Thankyou very much ModBin absolute legend! I'll let you know of any problems i encounter!

• 2 weeks later...
I made a little installer for x1650 cards.

only OS X 10.4.8 with semthex kernel 8.8.1 supported.

Ouartz Extreme, Quartz 2D Extreme, Rotation, Resolutions,

Refresh Rate, wakes from sleep, no mouse tearing

tested with sapphire x1650 agp 256MB gddr3

edit: new version without natit

http://www.mediafire.com/?8mwhnjnmli2

edit: for 10.4.9 - 8.9.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?cvg2zg30wtw

edit: for 10.4.10 - 8.10.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?7hrd9r0fggg

only for Device ID 0x71c6

greets,

modbin

Hi,

Thanks for your modbin's installer but it should only work for 10.4.8 and more as mentionned.

Could you tell me if I have a chance on my 10.4.5 version (Jas, kernel 8.4.1) with my Sapphire X1650 256Mo PCI graphics card (device:0x71c7) (currently only 1024*768 without Q/E)?

In any case, could you give the right way to get the Q/E available?

Thanks in advance,

• 1 month later...
I made a little installer for x1650 cards.

only OS X 10.4.8 with semthex kernel 8.8.1 supported.

Ouartz Extreme, Quartz 2D Extreme, Rotation, Resolutions,

Refresh Rate, wakes from sleep, no mouse tearing

tested with sapphire x1650 agp 256MB gddr3

edit: new version without natit

http://www.mediafire.com/?8mwhnjnmli2

edit: for 10.4.9 - 8.9.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?cvg2zg30wtw

edit: for 10.4.10 - 8.10.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?7hrd9r0fggg

only for Device ID 0x71c6

greets,

modbin

computer freezes during reboot on boot screen.

before I got the video card (X1650 PCI-E) i checked if there is a driver for it. it seems that those drives wont work at all. thanks for that. and good bye to osx on this system :angel:

i've managed to get it to work, using the natit drivers on the installation "uphuck 10.4.9 RC4i" and then by adding a certain set of files that i found on this site, NOT the driver listed about...and now QE/CI/Rotation is all working beautifully! i'll see if i can find the files and instructions and put them up in a post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Shappire X1650 PRO 512MB DDR2 AGP /VGA/TVO/DVI

#########################

Pantalla:

Tipo: Pantalla

Bus: AGP

VRAM (total): 512 MB

Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)

ID del dispositivo: 0x71c6

ID de la revisión: 0x0000

Pantallas:

Display:

Resolución: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Incompatible

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Quartz Extreme: Incompatible

Rotación: Compatible

########################

but DVDPlayer work, Toast 8 work(before the installation they did not work), I dont have other applications to prove.

• 3 weeks later...

The modbin installed worked flawlessly for me.. I'm running a Sapphire x1650 512mb, dual DVI(running two CRT's, with DVI-VGA adapters).

Everything is great, except it won't run dual displays.. It simply mirrors the primary display on the second one.

Anyone have a solution for that at all?? I've had to manually edit files in linux to get dual monitors running in the past, but I don't know where to start digging with OSX.

Guest lord of the view

I have the x1650 Pro PCIe. It will not work with extended display. I have given up on it. The general consensus is that you should switch to nVidea.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying for ages to get this card to work (well it works straight after install, but i need to be able to select 1680*1050 not just 1024*768)

Mine has an unusual device id 0x7181 and there's no pre-made installer for this

I've seen some instructions that involve hexediting the package but they require installing the normal version first, which i can do, but upon restarting, I'm stuck at a blue screen, does anyone know how to overcome this?

Also, how do i uninstall the package? I'm very very new to macs and have no idea