x1650 agp and pcie

modbin

167 posts in this topic

Works on my HIS ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB DDR2 AGP card, DVI & VGA output enabled, CI, Q2E, QE etc. all working, only thing it may be worth mentioning is it thinks it only has 256 MB memory!

Cheers for all your work!

~mac.nub

This driver works / installer works ok with my ATI Sapphire x1650 XT PRO 256MB AGP.

Installation is smooth but it'd only work through the VGA (no DVI).

Has anybody been successful with a DVI connection?

Thanks.

Excuse for my english. But can you help me, i have GeCube x1650Pro agp8x

id - 0x71c7 revision - 0x009e and your installer dont work... :( i use 10.4.8 macos x

Thanx for help in future...

Hi FrostBite check your pm :rolleyes:

new installer for 10.4.9 Device ID 0x71c6 see first post.

greets,

modbin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tnx all! my PCIe WORK.

Problem with monitor Samsung SincMaster 225BW not work at 1680*1050... Work only at 1600*1200 !!

modbin driver installed and DVI to VGA adaptor for x1650pro SAPPHIRE pciE 256mb Gddr3

You have a solution? For driver MONITOR or change manually resolution, whit is driver video card?

I have the same problem...

THe drivers is OK, but only works with DVI - VGA adapter... and the monitor work at 1280 x 1024. I use a 1440 x 900...

I don`t know how to fix this...

OSX 10.4.8 with JaS Update to 10.4.9

Graphics: ASUS X1650 Pro PCI-Express with 1 VGA and 1 DVI

After Installation of the patch: QE / Resolution / Rotation works fine

DVI only with adapter. Dual screen not available, both screens show the same :-(

Hi,

I tryed out the modbin installer on my PCIe Saphire 1650 Pro (0x71C6) and it worked, after I uninstalled the natit_uni installer. The System Profiler says QE/CI + Rotation works, but sadly after some time these squars (I guess you call them artefacts) appear all across the screen.

Does anyone have a solution for that?

Thanks in advance EISBEIN

Hiya

ive got a AGP 1650 pro (0x71c6) and im running 10.4.7

Once i install the driver i cant get CI/QE running, they both show as not supported, also i only get output from the dvi connector, the vga just turns off my monitor.

any thoughts?

Hi tnx all! my PCIe WORK.

Problem with monitor Samsung SincMaster 225BW not work at 1680*1050... Work only at 1600*1200 !!

modbin driver installed and DVI to VGA adaptor for x1650pro SAPPHIRE pciE 256mb Gddr3

You have a solution? For driver MONITOR or change manually resolution, whit is driver video card?

Please help me.

I have a GeCube ATi X1650 Pro 256MB PCIe (0x71C1). I haven't found a working method till now, can someone help me?

i also have gecube x1650 pcie(cx71c7).i just hexedit atiradeonx1000.kext and now i got qe/cl but canot change resolution only 1024x768.and sometimes there is mouse artifact(have'nt tried dvitovga adapter only use dvi) and dont have solution yet

i also have gecube x1650 pcie(cx71c7).i just hexedit atiradeonx1000.kext and now i got qe/cl but canot change resolution only 1024x768.and sometimes there is mouse artifact(have'nt tried dvitovga adapter only use dvi) and dont have solution yet

Please can you point out the correct way to edit this kext, i'm almost sure i'm messing up the permissions...

What I do, is to drag n drop the ATiRadeonX1000.kext to the desktop, edit the .plist file, and replace 0x71C01002 with my 0x71C11002. Then I drag n drop my edited .plist file, back to System/Library Extensions and it asks me to Authenticate and Replace ATiRadeonX1000.kext. So I do that, then I repair drive permissions, and on reboot I get a Kernel Panic.

you can use hexedit or any hexeditor to edit atiradeonx1000 binary.i searches the closest number in reserved order.(in my case 71c6,so i search c6 71 and replace it with c7 71;maybe u can search 71c0 jst try it) and ofcousre you must edit all x1000 kext info plist to macth your id.

after that what i do is run terminal and type

sudo -s

(type ur password)

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

diskutil repairpermissions /

reboot

and when you do kextstat in terminal you should have atixradeonx1000 loaded and have qe/ci enabled.i think it slow but at least i can run dvdplayer and iwork06.i use jas 10.4.8 hope it helps

you can use hexedit or any hexeditor to edit atiradeonx1000 binary.i searches the closest number in reserved order.(in my case 71c6,so i search c6 71 and replace it with c7 71;maybe u can search 71c0 jst try it) and ofcousre you must edit all x1000 kext info plist to macth your id.

after that what i do is run terminal and type

sudo -s

(type ur password)

chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

diskutil repairpermissions /

reboot

and when you do kextstat in terminal you should have atixradeonx1000 loaded and have qe/ci enabled.i think it slow but at least i can run dvdplayer and iwork06.i use jas 10.4.8 hope it helps

Hey, thanks a lot for this. I will try it ASAP.

EDIT: Ok, I followed your steps and I wasn't succesful, here's what happened:

I installed 10.4.9 uphuck's DVD, then I downloaded and installed modbin's release for 10.4.9.

I hex edited ATiRadeonX1000 binary and replaced the only C6 71 occurence with C1 71. Saved the file.

Edited .plist file from ATiRadeonX1000.kext where I replaced 0x71C61002 with 0x71C11002.

Next .plist I edited is from ATiRadeonX1000GA.kext or .bundle (don't remember the extension), and changed 2 occurences of 71C6 to 71C1.

That's all the steps I took for editing.

Then in terminal, I sudo, chown etc. no problems here...

Do I delete the kextcache? I tried both methods, deleting and not.

Both on reboot give me Kernel Panic.

This means that I didn't succeed in taking your final step, which was to "kextstat" in terminal.

I would appreciate a feedback, thank you.

maybe u shoul edit 71c0.the 1st time i try to edit 71c0 to match my id,i get kernel panic too.so i said the closest number with yours.when i tried 71c6 it works.just trial and error.(if you search 71c6 you get 2 occurence,71c0 only 1 occurence.but i edit only 1st place and it still work.the second place i edit make no differnece still work too)