Natit for dual graphics cards?

tomtefar

18 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten more than one graphics card to work at the same time? Could you please state you graphics cards, motherboards, version of Natit/Titan and whatever else you feel to be relevant?

Is it possible to mix graphics card models? I.e. one Geforce 7600 and one Geforce 6500 ??

Is it possible to mix graphics card vendors? I.e. one ATI Radeon X1600 and one Geforce 6500 or similar??

Does anyone know if the Mac Pro can run more than one graphics card (except the Geforce 7300GT which is the only one mentioned on the tech specs on Apple's site) and if it can mix vendors???

Thanks in advance!

I tried the following combinations:

ATI x1600XT + Geforce 6500 (Boris+Natit_edited, Natit_ati_auto, Natit_dual_v0.02)

ATI x1600XT + Geforce 7300GT (same as above)

Geforce 7300GT + Geforce 6500

and none of them work. At best (Boris+Natit_edited) I get an image from the Geforce card, both cards are shown in System info but the x1600 is listed as having no connected display.

Anyone else?? Any input??

I will probably have some time after the hollidays to try out two 7300GTs (not same vendor though) in my AW9D-MAX. Will also try a new 7600GT (and any ombo with 7300GT and 6500, my x1600XT is a goner though).

I do however have very little experience in fiddling with Natit. Any info would be very welcome!

Yes it would be great! This is what you do to dump the ioreg:

EDIT:

It would be great if you could supply us with two ioreg dumps, one from single user mode (no GUI) and one from GUI mode. Please keep monitors connected at all times and please specify to what ports what monitor is connected.

I stole this guide for single user mode from this post:

Thank you for your help. To boot into single user you must reboot your computer and keep the both Command and 'S' pressed at the same time.

After booting you need to mount the file system first with the command:

mount -uw /

Then you extract the ioreg dump with (that's a zero after the letter 'w'):

ioreg -l -w0 > /7300and7800singledump.txt

After that you may type the following command to continue the boot process:

exit

After booting into the gui you will find the file 7300and7800singledump.txt in the root of your disc.

--------------------------------

For the GUI dump please just log in as root and type:

ioreg -l -w0 > /7300and7800GUIdump.txt

in terminal.

-----------------------------------

Zip these two files and upload them to the forum.

It would be really helpful if you could do this!

Edited by tomtefar

I'm running one MSI 7300GT (VGA+DVI) and one Gainward 7300GT (DVI+VGA) but I can not get the system to get to the loginwindow, it just freezes when it says that it loads the loginwindow app. Could someone give me some pointers as to what I should try???

On a side-note:

I can however confirm that the Gainward 7300GT (the one with SilentFX, i.e. no fan.) works with DVI+TV, have not tried the VGA+TV but I doubt it will work since I'm guessing that OSX sees the TV and VGA as the same port on this one much like the DVI and TV seems to be the same on the MSI card.

hai what is the driver for GeForce 6500 128mb

Titan or Natit ?

this place help me alot big thx for all of u

finally i success install Mac Os X 10.4.7 on my pc

MSI 945PL F-neo, intel 805D, 768DD2, Geforce 6500 128 pixelview, Auidgy nodetect :( , SoundOnboard disabled, SATA HD 250GB MacOS, IDE 40GB XP

now i want to update to 10.4.8

rigth now i use MacVidia

my GeFroce 6500 DeciveID 0x0160

thx

alex

Here are the ioregs. Both cards had a CRT connected via a DVI-VGA adapter plugged in on port 1 (the one closer to the left side of the case).

I've noticed a few problems running Natit so far. The 7800 doesn't function (blank screen with no boot) without the mac 7300 installed, almost like it pulls something from the mac card to run.

In OSX, the 7800 doesn't display QE properly if a monitor is connected to the 7300, at least the dashboard effect doesn't ripple.

7300and7800ioregs.zip

Hello all!

I'm also on the 'quest' to get two PCIe cards working.

I've tried the following permutations all using three DVI-connected monitors (two on the primary X1900GT and one on the primary DVI port on the second adapter--see below). I'm running OSx86 10.4.8 with the latest SSE3 Semthex kernel on a SD37P2.

Two Sapphire X1900GT (newer ones)

The first X1900GT card is working perfectly (using Natit_edited)--both DVI ports are perfect...full acceleration.

The second X1900GT appears on System Profiler but doesn't show the "VRAM" line and nothing under "Displays:".

One Sapphire X1900GT and a Nvidia PNY 6600GT (128MB,Dual DVI)

As above, the first X1900GT card is working perfectly (again using Natit_edited)--both DVI ports are perfect...full acceleration.

Replacing the second X1900GT with a 128MB Nvidia 6600GT doesn't work either. All Nvidia kext's are loaded, and there is no "VRAM" line in System Profiler and nothing under "Displays:".

I would like to try to get both of the X1900GT's working if that's possible. It would be nicer when I boot into (native) WinXP (single video driver, etc.) If it is easier to use the X1900GT and the 6600GT I could live with that :thumbsup_anim:

Please let me know what anyone would like me to run on my system for debugging.

Lambusser

One interesting note...

It turns out that I cannot boot correctly with the X1900GT/6600GT combo without a modified Natit Info.plist. The two x1900GT monitors are black but I can't see anything. Nothing on the 6600GT adapter either.

I did get that combo to boot before but I did it by changing the @0's/@1's to @2's/@3's in the Natit Info.plist (in the NVidia section of the file). This let the X1900GT load perfectly (full acceleration) and let the NVidia kext's load, but I had nothing on the monitor connected to the 6600GT.

With the two x1900GT's in this is not the case. The primary card works fine, and the second card is as I stated in the previous post.

I've attached my ioreg dump and Natit Info.plist with the x1900GT and 6600GT installed. I've included the screenshots of the System Profiler for the two cards as well.

Lambusser

ioreg_with_x1900GT_and_6600GT.txt

Info.plist.txt

post-58198-1167691631_thumb.png

post-58198-1167691641_thumb.png

One thing that caught my eye from legends74's dumps is the IOreg key AAPL,slot-name which is Slot-1 for the 7800 and Slot-3 for the 7300.

Could it be that without telling the system which slot to find the card in it will try to initilize both cards in the same slot and hence 2xNVidia is confused yielding black image but ATI+NVIDIA can resolve it by the driver not being loaded for the same slot and hence image on one card but not the other??

Well the current version of Natit does not allow us to inject this key into the IOreg by editing the Info.plist since it does not write in that part of the tree so there is no way of checking this currently.

Anyone who can help with this??? Please?? With sugar on top? :)