SSE2 - Exp 4 released (UPDATE2: Exp6 out)

semthex

106 posts in this topic

Exp. 4 is off the hook now, featuring close to all the SSE3 isntructiosn now. Have fun :)

Hope to see some nice results today.

You can obtain it via the usale beta test place. Read the REadme and help each other!

:unsure::D

just more stable cause you can't stop complaining :-P

Lol :unsure:

I am getting diskarbitrationd problems on boot. The process is looping constantly. Falling back to experimental 1 or 2 fixes the problem. Experimental 2 is extremely unstable for me (something crashes every few mins). Experimental 1 is the most stable and has allowed me to get my Inspiron 9300 to boot up to GUI (with full QE/CI support).

i also get diskarbitrationd errors, booting hangs at blue screen with mouse pointer visible and movable.

i have 915GM with Pentium m ULV 1.2 GHz

system is JaS SSE2 10.4.8 with native extensions and r2d2 removed.

i noticed that the boot process on my second test partition with native 10.4.8 got further than with previous betas, but not past blue screen either.

Same here..diskarb errors went by and blue screen background with a mouse pointer.

Installed using JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE2.SemtheX.Beta9.dmg on top of clean Jas 10.4.7.

[sony Vaio FS15LP]

Pentium M Dothan 2.13Ghz /

DDR 1GB /

ICH6M /

Nvidia Go 6200 TurboCache /

15.4" Widescreen 1280x800 native resolution

just wondering... did jas still working with the iso release for SSE2 for 10.4.8.. hasn't hear from him quite a while....

At IRC he said he is waiting the SSE2 kernel to release the new ISO (or PPF) also for AMD users.

I wonder if there are specific frameworks or kernel extensions to use with this..

i have been hearing reports that poeple are obtaining blue screen with mouse using exp 4. we need crash logs, dmesg logs, anything to help speed along the full sse3 emulation.

thanks

Is even anyone listening to my brother here? Pls send me the requested infos via the contact form on my blog or hand them over to one of the IRC ops in the IRC channel, thanks :-)

Exp 5 is fast and stable for me.

Yes, I agree with this. Booted right into it, very easy, no freeze at blue screen. EXP5 is sexy :blush:. It seems like I booted twice as fast, but I could be imagining things. And yeah, my QE/CI still works via. Titan, so nothing is messed up with that... Good work man, looks really nice.